Reviews for Pacifier (Spitting the Dummy)
Missng chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
DEEP. Oh dang, that's some con set up there. Great story! I like how Bakura's plan develops over time. Poor Ryou though. Meh. Anyhow, that was fun to read. :)
darksomeness chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
My face was doing this the whole time, particularly by the end:

:o

:'D

*faith in quality Tendershipping fics restored* GREATNESS. *cuddles Spooner into oblivion*

Spitting the dummy... is that an expression? *googles*
"Australian Term: To indulge in a sudden display of anger or frustration; to lose one’s temper. The phrase is usually used of an adult, and the implication is that the outburst is childish, like a baby spitting out its dummy in a tantrum and refusing to be pacified."
OhhhHHHhhh. That makes perfect sense. You Australian chick you. xD

My realization aside, however, I really liked this fic. Fits in rather nicely with the manga canon, I'd say, with a nice spin on it; one that I haven't quite seen done the same way before. Kudos.

I should probably give a bit of concrit, shouldn't I..?

On the technical side, I would recommend a few less em dashes and semi colons, there seemed to be an especially large amount of both.

On the non-technical... hrrrrm... perhaps Ryou was the tiniest bit immature for his age in the middle there? But that could be attributed to the ruined childhood factor, so that's a little nitpick at best. x3

I have to say, I was worried a little when I saw "aimed to be flipped into something cute and bigbro/littlebro – style by the end" in the description, 'cause as you have probably realized I am wary of all things happy. So I was pleasantly surprised by the rather tragic aspect of the fic. V w V

OH and the twisting of the word 'brother', particularly when he was manipulating him... that was awesome. :')

Favorite lines:

"People have voices, people are friends, so this thing is sort of a person in a container - a friend, right?"

"He hardly looks trustworthy, by any means; but he appears to be a fun, playful type; especially when he's practicing his smile in the windows of shops he passes on the street, careful not to grin too wide so as to accidentally show his fangs."

*squirms with happiness* Good job! :3

-Albino Shadowz
Mana's Madness chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Wow, dark end there. Loved it. Interesting idea of having Ryou trust him for a short time and even think they were brothers, it seems like something Bakura would do. Awesome work!
YGOfangirl4ever chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Nice youch there on Ryou's thoughts before putting on the ring XD
Sass-Bot chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I'd just like to express once more how flawless this is x3 Gah, Spooner, I'd suggest that you try to take more of these popular yet unlikely ships, then I remember your Shipping Lampooned fic haha