Reviews for Iron Hearts: The Shanxi Campaign
tembulon2.0 chapter 18 . 3/20
Slightly disappointing. It's more of a marine novel than a space warfare one
IonicArchitect chapter 1 . 3/18
It seems like you really just skimmed over First Contact, making it much simpler than it should have been. Wouldn't the humans know the concept of a warning shot? They weren't moving and there was only a single shot yet their first response was to go for the no-kill-like-overkill.
I feel like it would have been better to make this thing into a timeline-esque skim if you're going to do it like this.
EzeikelShepard chapter 18 . 3/9
Great story. I really enjoy the balancing act you have done with the power shifts of all sides in it. Looking forward to more to come.
Commissar Critical chapter 4 . 3/4
Eh. The whole Shepard seems like a childish fantasy shoehorned in. Their mannerisms are obnoxious. Not sure if this is supposed to be serious, but they come off like a parody.
Lord Mortem chapter 18 . 3/2
Epic story
Dusk Raider chapter 18 . 3/1
Woohoo another chapter down and the turians are about to get their asses handed to them hard! Looking forward to the next one!
Shepard131 chapter 18 . 2/19
very nice. I want more please.
x-marks-the-spot1974 chapter 18 . 2/18
I've just read through this and I think that its awesome
Jotun chapter 18 . 2/10
Hey :)

Good story you got going there. "Wanzer" as a designation for the German-designed mechs is a bit unfortunate. "Wanze" means bedbug. Just saying :D

I had half expected to see the German part of this universe's Systems Alliance forces deploying Leopard 4 hovertanks, in the spirit of Shadowrun and go Blitzkrieg on the Turians' jagged asses. After all, armored warfare is supposed to be a quick affair and not constrained by a mech's somewhat limited walking speed...add to the mix a 23rd century version of the MLRS, self-propelled howitzers, some attack helicopter analogues and IFV hovertanks and we are at a point easily surpassing something which the Mass Effect universe did extremely poorly: Combined-arms land warfare the way it is supposed to be. All the small-unit nonsense without even a modicum of proper tactics, let alone armored vehicles supporting the PBI was simply atrocious. We never ever saw proper main battle tanks, artillery or even heavy wepaons squads with mortars or machine guns... And do not get me started on the space battles. Tactics? We don't need no stinkin' tactics!

Anyway, I hope to see more of this.

Regards,

Jotun (former Kapitänleutnant in the German navy) ;)
Uuuhhh its supposed to be...(shep-A-rd)

oops?
Muschelschubser chapter 1 . 2/9
1. The name is Shepard. Not Shepherd.
2. Bit America-centric, are we?

Jonathan Archer? Nice shout-out, as is the Mobile Infantry.
AmethystPone chapter 18 . 2/11
You're saying the story is different from canon...I don't see it.
Williams still surrenders, Turians Fleet still overpower and "occupy" the planet...everything is happening like canon.
Imma drop this here.
AmethystPone chapter 7 . 2/11
asimov laws ar ekinda flawed...and smart enough person can make all those laws conflict with each other.
Telron chapter 18 . 2/10
shit this is awesome so far and caleb makes me crack up due to his personality
LebendenToten chapter 18 . 2/10
Great job so far can't wait to read more! Also, good luck on joining the military, I joined the US Army about a year ago and I know how stressful joining up can be!
Lebenden_Toten