Reviews for Iron Hearts: The Shanxi Campaign
Yankee718 chapter 18 . 9/18
I'm all sad now that there's no more chapters to read but I really love this story and my favorite character is Oleg I just like the guy it's like he's the one crazy friend you want next to you in a fight and he's funny lol
Yankee718 chapter 14 . 9/18
RIP Twinkie
Yankee718 chapter 9 . 9/18
This keeps getting better and better I can't seem to stop reading and its 5:46am eastern standard time
Yankee718 chapter 3 . 9/18
I'm laughing so hard at the POW singing we will rock you to the Turians that I'm coughing like crazy since I'm sick I'm really enjoying this story it's very entertaining for me
SniperInTheHouse chapter 18 . 7/31
Great story but my OCD for military facts, etiquette and command was hit a few times every chapter. Alas, fanfiction isn't made up of military personnel at least you tried and I can respect that.
The real reason for writing a review is simple. I warn you about the military before you go. It sucks. I don't really have much else to say as you can ask soldiers how we feel about it. I'm in an infantry unit as a forward observer, and I'm okay with it but a lot of fellows of mine joined without truly thinking it out. Just remember while you're out in a training exercise going on a day without food or water and being told to fuck yourself by higher this is what you signed up for.

Best of luck and may the Army Gods have mercy on your soul.
-SITH
Lord Schmodder chapter 18 . 6/9
Oooh!

Found this today and read it in one go up until here!
I love this!

Thanks for writing!

You might want to watch for some spelling and typo mistakes, though.
Awlric Hayell chapter 18 . 6/2
GodDammit, You've got me so hype for the rest of this story. Keep it up, You Magnificent Bastard.
AnthonyR89 chapter 18 . 5/12
entertaining read overall, even if it has flaws. i'd suggest updating this story to let people know when the re-write is up.
AnthonyR89 chapter 17 . 5/12
"if Seven ships is all they have guarding their colony, i highly doubt that they will have many more defending their capital"

said no flag officer. ever. seriously. no idiot that'd actually believe that would ever make it to lieutenant, let alone an admiral.

you also have Rael kind of acting like a childish, ungrateful asshole. i mean, he's an asshole, but he's not childish. nor is he an overly emotional idiot who gives away his position in a hostile area.

seriously, if you were going to have Rael act this way, you might as well have just gone with an OC quarian, because he's acting absolutely nothing like the actual Rael.
AnthonyR89 chapter 7 . 5/12
also, you realize that the correct way to adress him would be Captain Zorah, not Captain Ilarune, right? Rael is his first name, Zorah is his family/clan name, and the Ilarune is the ship he serves on.

also, i rather doubt that Rael would have knowledge of what caused the Morning War. at best, the Admiralty Board might know. it would hurt their propaganda if it was common knowledge.
AnthonyR89 chapter 5 . 5/12
Bronze Star? that's basically Medal of Honor material.
TMDF-Artyom chapter 18 . 5/10
You know
I enjoy this story alot
Brings a tear to my eye and me having an active imagination means i can see this shit goin down.. but hey.. those Russian hammer tanks.. i wonder.. Red Alert 2-3? Because good choice!
3782dasda chapter 18 . 4/21
3 3 3 So awesome! : D
Can't wait part.
Great story!
Anon chapter 18 . 4/12
Wow just finished bingeing on this story and sincerely wish I had more to go through. Loving this fic and your Shepherd's so much. I dearly hope you actually show us a bit of Ma and Pa Shep in action rather than have it happen offscreen.
Faraway-R chapter 17 . 4/11
I have a request. NEVER use google-translated Russian language EVER AGAIN.

Just write it in plain boring English with an unusual symbol like a *star* instead of old boring "quote" symbols and a note this is in Russian, Turian or other language of choice. It's less painful for native speakers this way. "Tanker" as in military tank operator is not "автоцистерны", it is "танкист".