Reviews for Uncle Youhei
ferren61 chapter 1 . 5/2/2019
I have just read your fanfiction and I was a bit sceptical before I started but it was awesome! I really liked how you fleshed out Sunohara and while I never expected him and Kyou to get on it seems as if I was wrong. Ushio is excellent too. She is growing up :-)
Thanks for a great read!
NarutoAdmirer21 chapter 15 . 10/23/2017
Awwwww!
This was absolutely adorable!
And so amazing and emotional and lovely!
And it's so beautifully and week written!
I loved it so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2017
Nice
Guest chapter 15 . 10/3/2017
One of the best youhei/kyou fanfics. Well done. Hope to see more like this one.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/3/2017
One of the best youhei/kyou fanfics. Truly enjoyed it. Good job.
Syndi-Dowell chapter 15 . 3/21/2017
So cute! :)
Stupid The Hedgehog chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
I can already hear their kid's first words. "Let's play Basketball!" But seriously, cool story Bro. I never thought about what Ushio and Youhei's friendship would be like, but this was the perfect way to imagine it.
CowboyCrusader chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
As I've gotten better at the search mechanics on this website, I've found myself stumbling across some very interesting and very entertaining stories. Sifting through the slash's and the lemons to find the heartwarming, the heartbreaking, the sweet, the profound, and sometimes I find a hidden gem that surprises me and touches me more than I would have expected.

This story, it touched me. I admit Youhei was always a character I disliked in the series; he was too much of a one-note character and a punching bag of not all that funny jokes. But Kyou, well I have to admit she's a favorite character of mine and not just because I have a VA-crush on the english actress:P So that's what managed to rope me in to reading it, a pairing I thought rather interesting and seeing a deeper side of a silly character. And then, as I read further and further I began to see myself in Youhei.

The disappointment and jealousy he expresses in this story, over having his own pathetic life at a stand still while everyone else seems to be growing up and moving on. Classmates getting married, having kids, fulfilling jobs, the things he dearly wants but doesn't believe he'll ever had. The class clown that nobody took seriously left in the dust as everyone else moves on. That's my life right now and I can empathize.

I'm usually not a huge fan of first person stories, especially with shifting points of view but I still loved this story. I shed a tear or two a few times, felt warm and fuzzy at Ushio's antics and the stuff between Kyou and Youhei. I also liked how messy it was sometimes - there was more than just idyllic wish fulfillment. I was a bit concerned about Kyou's husband being made into some kind of super bad husband with no redeeming qualities to give her a reason for leaving him but I like how you handled it at the end and gave some humanity to that background character.

The wedding bits made me laugh, 'yes to the dress' and 'bridezilla' certainly had me chuckling a bit too loudly. Despite my lack of experience with weddings, especially the female perspective, I got the references and found them very funny. A minor nitpick, the wedding was very clearly western and while here in the west even non-Christians often get married in a church with a minister, I'd imagine in Japan its more likely a shinto temple or shrine and their priesthood, but the Japanese do like bits of our culture so it's not too far out there. Certainly more relatable to this canuck.

I don't usually leave reviews, but this one touched me more than any other I've read on this website, so for what its worth, thank you. I hope this Youhei will find his Kyou some day.
phantomrebell chapter 15 . 1/10/2016
Hey there :)
I think you did a great job with this story. I never really thought of Kyou x Youhei but I have to admit while I was reading this I started to wish it was canon.
I had a great time reading your story and I hope you keep up that good work.
I recently started reading the sequel and I like it so far and I hope it'll turn just as great as "Uncle Youhei "
kamikazadude1 chapter 15 . 10/9/2015
I have been following this story from the start, at times coming back just to look back on it, and I have to admit that this story really is one of the best of them all, and that comes from someone who generally dislikes romance stories.

I did not find any real problem with the story that needs to be called out on, and the characters seem enough in character to not make it painfull to read.

I do wish that you would have atleast gone some more in depth with the Kyou's previous husband as I feel that he is kind of glossed over, but that did not impact my enjoyment a bit.

So I will give this story a overal score of 7/10, being a good romance and something I would reread whenever there is nothing else, but it is unfortunately not in my top 5 romance stories on this site, so there is room for improvement.

IGN score is 2/10 -Not enough Sunohara beating-
kaaarebeaaar chapter 15 . 7/31/2015
Awwwww what a sweet ending! It is definitely one of the greatest clannad fanfictions that I have read! Thank you so much for writing this out for all of us!
Guest chapter 14 . 7/20/2015
Damn you and ur writing skillz, too good. It should be Canon
Guest chapter 14 . 5/24/2015
Glad to see this story gaining momentum once more, it has been my favourite eversince that festival chaper and its still going strong! Good work!
Atomic Raven chapter 13 . 4/26/2015
luv it, this is hopefully the beginning of something grand
CoreyZebra chapter 13 . 4/28/2015
Ah, just when I thought you had let this story die, you keep going. I'm so glad!

Can't wait for more! I've loved this story
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »