Reviews for Fate's Gamble
Gojin1990 chapter 10 . 3/28
I agree with something you said in one of your AN earlier aswell. how voldemort is this big bad and it talks so many times of how he is like almost a century old and studied in many dark magics and yet for it all the crucio and avada kedavra are the only spells he EVER seems to use. which is dumb really, I like the fact that your making both the wizards AND people like voldemort just...MORE. like they are challenges for harry still, even with all his added power. yet you show here harry has PLENTY of skill both verbally and magically, and you also show how naive dumbles can be just because HE cannot do something he assumes others cannot either. I think you really captured the character of each of them rather well. once again good writing the snape character :D
Gojin1990 chapter 8 . 3/28
well done. I very much liked how you wrote snape in this story. everybody always writes him as quick to anger and all and always out to dock points from harry at every turn, but nobody seems to think about the fact that a guy who can play spy for two different sides and keep himself alive has to be both ruthless and EXTREMELY intelligent. and the man is supposed to be a slytherin and yet most people write him being loud and brash supposedly like a gryffindor. imo snape should be bother soft/well spoken he doesn't need to yell or curse in order to needle at harry in most cases. Then there is your story where it seems snape is definitely intelligent and he doesn't let the past rule him. he doesn't like james serious peter or remus but he doesn't blow up and talk about how arrogant they were. all i can say is WELL DONE. if more stories wrote snape like this, even if he was still against harry I would enjoy them much more.
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 68 . 3/26
Kinda pointless when Harry can provide the sheer Prana for Illya to fix herself using Wishcraft,
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 61 . 3/26
Gotta ask but why didn't Harry just you know teleport away?
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 16 . 3/23
Yeah Harry, you where a dumbass here. Revealing yourself and training in the open where you could be seen was pretty damn dumb.
PGHammer chapter 35 . 3/9
Poor Lucius Malfoy. Damaged, and then dismissed - by a second-year. Damaged to the point that his own mind refused to recall it - worse, his wife saw the entire duel, and replayed it - in gory TechniColor via a nearby penseive. Narcissa has it right - HMS Malfoy is headed toward Scyllla (Harry) - she needs off before Scylla has the family for its next meal!
TL14 chapter 88 . 3/7
I have said it before but it needs to be repeated. This story is by far my all time favourite, the use of language and the plot are excellent. the character development is beyond what almost all professional authors are capable of. I love the ending, it really ties all the loose ends up rather nicely and leaves me satisfied and content with knowing what happened with all the characters. Please continue writing fanfiction and know that I will continue to avidly await anything you may produce.
Wow. Just wow. This is basically the length of all 7 books combined, and it's fantastic. I have no idea how you did it but I am beyond impressed. Thank you
Vault166 chapter 88 . 2/25
God damn thats how you write a story!
pheonix2k chapter 1 . 2/9
dix you know this book is longer than the king james version of the bible by almost 100,000 words
Z.R. Stein chapter 41 . 2/3
Right, so I'm about halfway through this monster of a fic, and so far, I only have a few major complaints. Overall, the writing quality is quite good, a handful of mistakes every chapter but it isn't overly distracting. Some of your plot threads are very interesting, some aren't, which is mostly based on my opinion.

The two MAJOR problems i have are how OP Harry is and how much of a "special snowflake" he is. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a powerful Harry, but I'm only halfway through and this is honestly getting absurd. He's part Gorgon, part Dead Apostle, he has two Servants, is bonded to a basilisk and a six hundred year old cat and Hogwarts itself, and to top it all off, is the avatar of Death AND Fate? That's not even taking into accoint his physical appearance. He has prehensile purple hair, quad coloured Mystic Eyes, and he can manifest six black crow wings like some sort of Fallen Angel. This is one prime "special snowflake" character right here.

Any one of these traits, or even any two or three could be a good choice. But taken all together makes this Harry rather uninteresting. He has too many powers, too many powerful friends, and the worst part is that he doesn't hardly have to work for it. All of these things just fall into his lap, like the Hallows for instance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm determined to slog my way through the next forty chapters, but I don't have much hope for this.
luluvibritania chapter 23 . 1/27
in this chapter you wrote

The throne of heroes is
a place where we can interact with other heroic spirits and I once spoke to someone
who had been summoned for a grail war.

this is not possible as the grail does not summon from the throne of heroes but makes copy's and puts them in the servant vessels so anything the copy witnesses during the war is lost as the original in the ToH does not get the memory of said event. Aturia Pendragon is different as she was made an offer while still alive and summoned to the 4th and 5th grail war in that order while alive from her timeline which is why she recalls the 4th war during the 5th war and she was set to become a counter guardian after succeeding not going to the throne of heroes.
bathory and frankenstein really fucking lolis? u could have at least givin him Lancer loli medusa at least she has a connection to him and would have not stopped Rider Medusa being summoned for sakura thus would not have gained interferance from AM who shouldnt have had any hold on harrys summon to begin with but seriously if this was not the only story i had to read at the moment it would have been put on the low prio to read in a year or drop altogether bloody lolis yet not the medusa loli...
neither a normal grail nor the Angra Mainyu corrupted grail should have had absolutly no ability to interfere in things that are outside its grail war it is not intelligent like that it is simply the grail with programming and AM with twisted evil rage issues neither have the ability to plot what just happened even if the grail war was about to start especially not 2-3 years before the grailwar
This is starting to get really fucking annoying, the author just needs to stop being a pathetic piece of shit who shouldn't exist
4,804 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »