Reviews for Wicked Ink : A Mass Effect Tale
Rod chapter 18 . 6/16
With the exception of a few grammatical/spelling errors (i.e. "great" instead of "greet" "nosiest" instead of "noisiest") toward the end, this is a very well written tale! I usually do not like martyr situations as I want my fictional heroes to live on for further adventures, but there was so much thought and emotion expressed that I found your resolution beautiful and, while heart-breakingly sad, fully and successfully resolved with even a bit of good humor to boot.

I've played all of the Mass Effect games many times...choosing each of the many scenarios for romance, renegade or paragon, male or female Shepard...and I always found Jack to be one of the most compelling characters. Her feelings masked by aggression and bravado just as her beauty is camouflaged by her scars and tattoos, she is the yin to Liara's yang. Emotion and pain contrasting logic and vulnerability.

Anyway, I just want to congratulate you on your magnificent story. It is close enough to the source material (the games) to really spark a nostalgic chord while still being a very original concept. Thank you.
rpmfla chapter 13 . 6/17
Other than a few "word" errors (nosiest for noisiest, great for greet, etc.) this was a very well written story with some very poetic and beautiful passages...I enjoyed it immensely. The mess of a human being that Shepard "rescues" from Teltin becoming his strongest squad member and even the love of his life is an interesting evolution.

One section I feel needs more work...

Miranda's death was woefully underwritten and felt way to matter-of-fact and sudden. She was never a character I cared much about in the games, but you wrote her ultimate sacrifice too superficially. In fact, I could see this scene done visually instead of with text so much better. Imagine watching Miranda giving Jack everything she has and collapsing to the ground (or dissolving into nothingness like a defeated Banshee) is a very dramatic image. I would not know how to write it to capture that extraordinarily tragic scene, but I felt you did not give it anywhere near enough description before moving on.
NeedsANewUserName chapter 18 . 2/20/2014
This story started strong and stayed that way. Powerful writing and poignant. Great job.
marcus nightfire chapter 18 . 10/31/2013
It was an amazing story
Old Gamer chapter 18 . 10/23/2013
very well done!
Kilo Zeus chapter 18 . 10/23/2013
Wow! That was quite the the read! I feel sad that i cant look forward to reading anymore of this amazing story.
Endrius chapter 18 . 10/23/2013
Great story.
ladydragn chapter 18 . 10/23/2013
wow, really awesome story! read all of it except for the last two chapters in one day. thank you for finishing it!
CN7 chapter 18 . 10/23/2013
Aw wow this was an amazing ending to the story. Having to tell him all about Jack and Shepard would certainly be a different experience, but with Liara telling it, I'm sure it was coated in love. That kind of choked me up a bit. They made it to the Normandy after all.
Old Gamer chapter 17 . 10/15/2013
Awesome. Jack is operating with absolutely nothing but her determination. Hope she survives.
CN7 chapter 14 . 10/15/2013
Garrus, always able to make someone smile with his snarky comments. Even at the darkest of times.
CN7 chapter 12 . 10/15/2013
Wait a minute. Did Jack? Did she give liara...? That's so sad. And Miranda. I don't even know what to say. This is so fabulously written.
CN7 chapter 7 . 10/15/2013
EDI, wow. That was so noble. She saved her ass.
CN7 chapter 5 . 10/15/2013
I'm rereading your story as I wait for the next chapter. This part hurts my heart.
Guest chapter 17 . 10/15/2013
i love your work can't wait to see how it ends