Reviews for The Other Girl
RisaAzu chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Okay for once thats just mean. As for Helga she shouldn't be looking at other ppl's personal. I feel bad for Lydia. But its a great story. Is there another way to change Lydia be a better person not a crime. though. I'm so so gonna rate this 10/10 for this one. I really hope if you can continue making the story. Arnold shouldn't forget about Lydia. What did Lydia ever did to Helga? She only kiss Arnold thats it.
Eve4000 chapter 1 . 10/23/2002
cool story, again.
Probably because it's easiest to be truthful chapter 1 . 9/12/2002
The summary was read. "Trust me" I believe it said. Does that or does that not lead one to believe that there will be more than a generic peice written with minimal effort and time?

Perhaps no story is *completely* original, however, what makes a story - and a writer - great is the ability to take something that has already been done and make it their own. Original. Put in a plot twist that perhaps was not expected, or use imagery or irony or symbols that had not been used before. There are infinite ways to make this plotline alone original, and even more ways to make use the general subject matter. It seems to me a bit rediculous to dredge up tired plotlines and garnish them with mediocre writing and little to no creativity.

My review was an honest opinion, as is this one. If you didn't want honest reviews good or bad - especially bad - you should not have put this story where other people could read it. Were I logged on - which I will not do because of the tendency to go back and try to discredit one of my stories in an attempt to distract me from this - I would say the exact same thing. Both of my "reviews" have been entirely reasonable and more or less civil.
Arana Mai chapter 1 . 9/12/2002
Good work! Hah, I never bought one of those "Now" CD's... Aren't I a freak?

But anyway, I like it! You never keep your OOCs in for longer than one story. That's good.

I loved how you had Helga interrogating her locket. TELL MEE!

And hey, what about MY story, "A Day in the Life?" I think that's my best work! I SLAVED OVER IT! I PUT ALL MY BLOOD AND SWEAT AND TEARS AND SNOT INTO THAT STORY! Nominate IT too!

*Ahem*

;P
Chiefie chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Not a bad story, I'll give you that. It uses the tired-and-true method of "new person enters, arnold falls for her" but it's one of the better one's I've read. The twist of her living in the boarding house gave the story a newer approach to the theme. I also enjoyed your "Helga" scenes, and it was fun to see her work with Lila. Good job!

PS: No one shall have to be put through the torture that is "The Really Weird Race" any longer. It was an idea someone gave me, and by the end of writing the first real chapter, realized it wasn't going to work, although I hate quitting stories.

PSS: Thanks for the nomination on "Robert". It was good to see a fan, somewhere out there.
MDT chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Alright, listen. I said at the description of this story 'Now, I know this idea is played out, but ya gotta trust me'. I didn't say, 'Hey, read my story, it's sooooo original!' As the rapper Nas said, "No ideas original, theres nothin' new under the sun, it's never what you do but how it's done." If you look at popular books, movies; you'll find that everything is like everything else. You may think, "Oh, I'm writing a story about the pain and labor the chinese in America have been through during WWII. I'm soooooo original." I guarentee someone's already done similar.

Yes, the characters fit all of the stereotypes. Yes, it had the predictable ending. Did you read the summary before you read the story? Apparently not. So, gee, next time you wanna critisize something, make sure the author already hasn't. How come nobody writes a negative review when they're logged in?

And by the way, "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" is a good video, but maybe not the best. The best song, but not the best video. Yeah, it's the best fit video to a song, but my favorite video of all time is Redman's "I'll Bee Dat!' That was funny as all hell.
TaDah chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Good job! And thanks for the mention at the end.
Zarius loves Arnold fics original or not chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
It may be the same thing all the time, Gee, but that's we expect from the best coupling in carton history.

You can beleive it's repetitive all you want, but I absoultly adore these fics, even if they are SO predictable. Helga and Arnold forever's the motto here.
gee chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Typical self-insertion character. An orphan, perfect, can do everything just a little bit better than everyone else - but is modest so doesn't know her own strengths. The main character falls in love with her, their rival hates her. In the end something "tragic" happens to her and it brings the two main characters of the series together. It's the same in every story of every genre.

Come on people, let's get original, could we? If you insert a character give it a less than perfect personality. Also, it has to have a purpose. If another character already in the series could serve this purpose, it's not a good idea to insert a new one. It all just gets redundant. Also, there has to be a real plot to go around that character, not just, main character falls in love than tradgedy happens.

I know, you're thinking how pretentious I am. I am just tired of people saying, "read this it's really good and original!" and seeing the same old thing every time.
Glitch chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Lol, did you eat a pack of Mr. Nutty bars or something? Wait those aren't real...or are they? ::Pyscho music plays in the background:: Who keep doing that?

Anyway, this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY different from your usually stories MD you speak out and your hyper. It was entertaining except it was really LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! Okay, that's all I can say. But still it's really good, I'm brain storming for my next story so if you see rain, it's my ideas, or I could just be using the bathroom so don't mind it. LOL

Ash
Zarius chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Using Script form is quite a clever metohd, I iwsh you'd have put some spacing between the lines though.

Great so far, keep it up.

I've got an Arnold songfic coming up called "Cleanin' Out My Closet”, you can guess what it parodys..
Miss Matched chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Very cute story, sir. Thank you very much for the plug on the 2002 Hey Arnold Fanfiction Awards. *half smile* Now don't forget, kiddies, go to the bottom of the latest chapter of either "Flawed" or "For Her" to find all the info and the ballot!

Now, back to talkin' 'bout your story. Very awesome. I love how Helga's always there to console Arnold! W00T! Helga and Arnold forever!

(and Miss Matched and Brainy forever)

Brainy: *wheeze* Help me!
Iris Violetta chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Really good! Lydia's parents were weird, but no wonder. It's kind of strange to see Lila and Helga working together. That'll probably never be on the show. Anyway, great story, like all of yours. Oh yeah, and "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" is the COOLEST VIDEO EVER!