Reviews for The Piper
Wordwielder chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Well, well, we have a poet here! Seriously, great work. I applaud your rhyme scheme and how you kept to LMM's description of the poem- and including "keep faith!"
a forgotten one chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
WOW! i recognised the line from the book, "For our tomorrow they gave they're today." I DO know that book.

You captured a certain spirit, though it was rather long. But it had that surrealness about it that made it seem all the more real. If I had been a boy, I would definately have gone to fight to the tune of a poem like this. That was just phenomenal. The Piper spoke through that, he really did!

Wonderful. A fantastic interpretation, though Walter probably would have got all that through in much less, that just seemed to be his way.

Hidden but Seen chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Umm good work but she DID write poem . . .

Here it is:

One day the piper came down the Glen…

Sweet and long and low played he!

The children followed from door to door,

No matter how those who loved might implore,

So wiling the song of his melody

As the song of a woodland rill.

Some day the Piper will come again

To pipe the sons of the maple tree!

You and I wil lfollow from door to door,

Many of us will come back no more…

What matter that if Freedom still

Be the crown of each native hill?

Hope you enjoy
bkeugh chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I like it! Nice rhymes!
A Forgotten One chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
good but i personally do not think that this was really what "the piper" was like. some lines are adequate, it's all a little shallow. just not quite deep enough.

However,

"A;ways keep faith"

Hanneli chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Hey, that was actually really good! I was shocked because... well... I just expect all poetry on to suck. XD Is that mean of me? Anyway, this was a very pleasant surprise.
Linnath chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Pretty imagery. I just imagined it being more aloof from the war. I mean, as more allegorical, no direct commenting on WW1, just allusions to the great fight. But still, very nice.

Linnath
Perilous chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
Some of this is really good, the imagery works, but I'm not sure about the metre, and some of the rhymes are a bit strained. Still, full credit for trying.
sillianna chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
I've always been curious about the poem, and you did a great job, but I think LMM based it more on In Flanders Fields, which re: someone else's comment, has stuff about breaking faith, etc., and is only three verses. But other than that, your poem is great.
Bernadette Doig chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
hey that poem was absolutly fantastic hope that you write more like it
cllw chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
it was all right, i guess
anonymous 327 chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
love it!
Evaseawynd chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
That's a moving poem, that could have been the real "Piper".
LMM chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
very good poem! I love it! thank you, for the pleasure I had!

LMM

PS: Sorry if my english is not very good, i'm a french girl!
lm chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
It's a good poem, but as others have said, it doesn't really sound like Walter. Also, I'm pretty sure the poem only had three stanzas. It was probably free verse. Anyways, it's still a good poem, and I really like your other stuff.