Reviews for When the Mourning Comes
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Bravo, so well observed. Lisa has never been a favorite character of mine but this is an intelligent and thoughtful description of her brave attempts to comfort Dean.
DeansBabyBird
Lewlou15 chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Holy crap, this is absolutely heartbreaking.
You conveyed it so well that I could actually picture the whole scene in my minds eye right down to the color of sheets on the bed (they're beige, by the way).
Fantastic!
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
This was just so full of emotion that my heart can barely hold it all in! I loved that you did this from Lisa's POV, because it allowed you to convey the depth of that emotion without words. By that I mean you didn't have to go into Dean's own thoughts on his sadness. Instead you simply /showed/ it. Through the way Lisa sees him. It was brilliant and I absolutely loved it. Great job! Honestly, is there nothing you can't write? I'm beginning to believe that. Lol
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Very nice. I'm quite sure Lisa brought everything to the table that you've ascribed to her, and you did a great job (as did Jensen) keeping "post-crying" Dean in check, in control, guarded-perfectly in canon-character. All that, and not a word of dialogue! Well done.
jojospn chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Wow, this is beautiful and absolutely heartbreaking! You've captured Dean's personality perfectly, trying so hard to hide how he's losing control, and then quickly rebuilding that wall. I especially loved the line "I'll wake up to an empty bed and unheard sound of a lone gunship, echoing from miles away." Beautiful!