Reviews for Something New
Razell chapter 30 . 1/23
I could have sworn I'd left feedback for this story, but apparently I haven't. This is my favorite L4D fanfiction, the best I've read. Dal and the insight into his point of view, his thoughts, his depression and low self-esteem caused by the way his parents treated him, the way Nick treats him and the way the others treated him were incredibly deep and made me really care about him and want him to be happy. I'm glad he finally came to realize that he wasn't worthless, a thing to be ignored or discarded. I was a bit sad at the ending because they left no way to stay in touch, and might never see Ellis or Megan again. They were very fond of him as well.

Nick isn't exactly a great role-model, and at times he was actually cruel and abusive, but he came to realize that Dal wasn't just a tool to be exploited for his own gain. He went from, in his own words 'Looking out for Number One' to 'Looking out for Number One and Two'. His murder of his brother shocked me, though. I can see Nick as a killer, but killing his own brother in such an awful way in front of the entire group... Sure, Scott was an awful person and hurt Dal, but he didn't have to kill him like that.

Metaphorical Ellis and real Ellis seem to be one and the same. It fits his nature to just accept a new friend, regardless of differences. I was surprised when he defended Nick for killing Scott, that wasn't something I could picture him doing, approving of murder like that, but his main concern was helping Nick and Dal and trying to talk sense into Coach and Rochelle.

Coach was irrational to the point of insanity. He heard Dal 'talk', heard him explain what was wrong with Nick, and that the way he was treated hurt him emotionally. He knew Dal for a thinking, emotional human being, a fifteen year-old boy. And he still hated and feared him. He still treated him like a mindless, murderous zombie. His viewpoint in the beginning was understandable, but after learning the truth his hatred became inexcusable. Perhaps Nick should have shot Coach and taken Scott with him. I was glad when they split up.

I was wondering why the other Infected would attack Dal on sight? Hunters I can understand, being territorial creatures, and Tanks being mindlessly violent toward anything they come across, but Commons generally attack uninfected or things that make loud noises. To be fair, they do sometimes fight among themselves. Smokers, as far I've seen, only attack uninfected. I doubt they'd risk attacking a Hunter, a battle they'd almost certainly lose, without cause. Jockeys might, they seem to be completely insane and lacking any sense of self-preservation.

I live in Florida, so I immediately recognized the remark about 'not seeing past the hoody'. Sometimes normal humans are worse than any fictional monsters.

There's so much I could commend about this story, but I don't have the words. Excellent work.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/13/2015
I came here from your other story. I liked it though. I thought that Dal may have been autistic because he seemed to have tantrums. I liked the way you wrote Dal. But the story is only good if the author enjoys writing it.
Guest chapter 25 . 7/2/2015
ITS THE FUCKING SHIT THEY INJECTED INTO HIM! FUCK CEDA!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/30/2015
The only way i can think of to make it clear to Nick that he needs to b carried is running through his legs and just sort of standing up and enforce the fact he is being carried. That or just pick him up it depends if you want piggyback or bridal style
Platinum Shining Myth chapter 30 . 5/2/2015
Woah...
That was awesome!
I loved this story.
Remember to keep writing, my friend!
Guest chapter 30 . 4/9/2015
This was glorious ;-;

I just wish that somehow, they four stayed together. I think I'll just imagine that someday, they met up again and did... Like one big family

- :3 great story

Also, I wonder what happened to coach
Guest chapter 22 . 4/8/2015
Woah, I usually only review at the end, but I had to review this chapter.
First: this story is amazing. Well written, the characters are interesting, the idea is great. I don't usually read L4D fanfiction and stumbled accross this, but I love it. I would say only that a little explanation is missed once and a while in terms of events and not explained for a while, which can be fusterating. However, i can understand you are focusing on the emotional side of the story and that's fine. :)

Second: the way you wrote Dal's inner diolouge struck me hard. I've been suffering through depression and was pretty shocked to see how similar his thought process and mine were. The trigger that caused the negative inner thoughts to form, the small voice inside trying to stop the dam, to plug it up, to stop myself/it/himself from saying those words inside that would just make it hurt more. The multiplying negatives thoughts... Just... Wow. I saved it so I could show someone later, it articulates things much better than I could. I have to say, if you have these thoughts as well, you have all of my condolences. I know how utterly wretched it is to feel that way, worse than description, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Meditation/yoga and talking very frankly to a good councillor are surprisingly things I've found helpful, though I'm sure you've heard that before. Good luck to you and anyone else who has to deal with this...it gets better. Thanks for the story :)
Naruto Loves FemKyuubi chapter 1 . 4/3/2015
"Waves Cheerfully At You"H-hey It's Me Sasha Naruto/Naruto Loves FemKyuubi!:) My Dear KRenee!:3

How!:3Are!:3You!:) My Dear?:)

"Blushes And Smiles Shyly And I Hugs You Happily And Warmly And Sweetly And Softly And Kindly And Lovingly"U-um...H-here!:3Is!:3My Review!:3For!:3Your!:) Perfect!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Lovely!:3 Something New Perfect!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Lovely!:3 NickxDal Family/Friendship Story!:) And"Blushes And Smiles Shyly And I Hugs You Happily And Warmly And Sweetly And Softly And Kindly And Lovingly"W-wow!:3Yay!:3T-that's!:3Really Really And Truly Always!:3 And Anytime!:3 And Forever!:3 And Eternally!:3 And Beyond Time Itself!:3 And Beyond Eternity!:3Really Really And Truly Awesome!:3 And Amazing!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Wonderful!:3 And Nice!:3 And Beautiful!:3 And Perfect!:3 And Cool!:3 And Divine!:3That!:3You!:) Made!:3A 30 Chapter!:3For!:3Your!:) Perfect!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Lovely!:3 Something New Perfect!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Lovely!:3 NickxDal Family/Friendship Story!:) And I Really Really And Truly Always!:3 And Anytime!:3 And Forever!:3 And Eternally!:3 And Beyond Time Itself!:3 And Beyond Eternity!:3I Like!:3 And Love!:3 And Adore!:3Your!:) Perfect!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Lovely!:3 Something New Perfect!:3 And Sweet!:3 And Lovely!:3 NickxDal Family/Friendship Story!:) And Hey I Have!:3A Kavinsky-Nightcall Lyrics!:3Song!:3For!:3You!:) And Here!:3Is!:3A Kavinsky-Nightcall Lyrics!:3Song!:3My Dear Beloved Friend!:3

I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

I want to drive you through the night, down the hills
I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear
I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear

But you're still the same

There something inside you (there something inside you)
It's hard to explain (it's hard to explain )
They're talking about you boy (they're talking about you boy)

Soo...What!:3Do!:3You!:) Think!:3And Have!:3Fun!:3And Enjoy!:3My Friend!:3

Thank You!:)

Please Send Me A Message!:3

;)

:D
Torse chapter 30 . 3/9/2015
uuuuuuUUGGGGGHHHH

YOU BLEEPIN FUDGE MUCKER

...I love bitter(?)sweet endings.
This is 1000 times too perfect.

I HAVE NO WORDS.

JUST KNOW THAT I HATE/LOVE YOU
Your108thNecromancer chapter 2 . 3/7/2015
I loved it! 10/10 would read again.
Guest chapter 30 . 3/1/2015
OMG...
I can't describe how much I loved this story!
You're a amazing writer
I not only read it. I felt it
I was happy. Sad. Mad with the characters.
I can't say anything bad about it because there was only good
ViridianK chapter 30 . 2/4/2015
Awesome! Very nice read for the entire thing! Megan invoking her inner Ellis. THAT was funny! XD
pumpkaboo chapter 30 . 2/3/2015
OMG! This chapter :D
lynda.key1 chapter 28 . 1/17/2015
Sigh of relief... So glad Nick understands now.
G chapter 26 . 12/22/2014
Sis, I gotta say. You actually made my eyes water in that second scene with Ellis and Megan. You know how hard it is for me to cry reading things ;) Well done!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »