Reviews for Just a Man
AngelWings8 chapter 1 . 4/10/2004 Your writing blows me away. Keep it up.
laras-dice chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Short, moving, powerful. And so, so, sad. But a great job. I loved your style here, the short lines, little sentences, with so much power behind them. Wonderfully poignant.

Vilandra chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Wow. Karen, that truly was amazing. I'm assuming that I was supposed to think it was someone else through the fic, and I did...and, wow, I was surprised. Maybe I'm just a little slow. hee.

But, honestly, thanks for posting this, because I did love it. It made me think.
Fanatic482 chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
oh god, that was terribly sad and completely moving, karen! there were two, and then the two became one... and not a happy way. *sniffles* god, i don't want to ever think of spydaddy getting old and dying. how depressing! but, someday, that'll be the truth, and don't we all have to face the truth?

know what song was going through my mind as i read this? (just because the title jarred it). vanessa carlton's "ordinary day"... *shrugs*

i did like the story though, depressingly truthful though it was...
bulletproof chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Breathtaking snatches of soul. This piece is surprising, vivid and *real*. Hauntingly beautiful with a silence and stillness that speaks louder than the words you've used to carry them in. Gorgeous.
jen chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Well done piece of work. Sweet but sad.
Jenai chapter 1 . 9/9/2002

I lurve this. It is amazing. I told you I loved it before, but dude...this rocks! Great job.
lunarlanding chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Mmmmmmm. Karen, honestly, this is one good fic. From the recent...debacle in the Alias fandom, I'm not just saying it's good because I think I should tell you it's good, I think it really is good. That was a long-winded sentence, but anyway. hehe.

I've always enjoyed Jack/Sydney fic. I think the relationship between Jack and Sydney is just so precious. It's so rare to see it. This was heart-wrenching, but beautiful. Thanks.
icyfire chapter 1 . 9/9/2002

With that said, I have to admit that this is a-well, I can't say "nice" piece, but I liked it a whole bunch. It's sad without being overwhelming. There is a sense of numbness and disbelief that strikes a right note with me.

Karen, thanks for finally sharing this with us.