Reviews for National Geographic Special: Otakus
Jigoku no Yami chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
bloody excellent. thats all i can say.
origin of summoners chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
oh my i found a otakus nolifeus.
Kurt Baros aka The Falcon chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
good one but i think you forgot the cosplayer
Fluphy Ninja chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Funny very funny but true
Jamie-chanFL chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
Hey! Loved the otaku-doc, it totally rocked! However, I believe you forgot one important breed known as Otakus Liberalus, or an otaku willing to give American knock-offs a chance (Avatar rocks and it totally sucks that the season ended). Also known for at least attempting to read certain mangas or watch animes that don't have an art-style that the otaku particularly likes. And then putting it back on the shelf or changing the channel. Anyway, loved it, and see about doing a Prt. 2.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Loved it. You had some great in-jokes in this one.
unknownneootaku chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
Heh, really funny stuff again from the mighty carrot-sama. I suppose i fit somewhere in the otakus-mangus and the occasional otakus-compactdiskium. Though i have been eating a lot of ramen though, Lol. well anyway, back to Insertion;)

until our paths cross again...
Priestess of the Blade chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
That was really funny. You are very good at this comedy stuff. Although I can't really decide which category of Otakus I fit in. Probably some cross between Normalus and Nolifeus (The Fanfic Author) though I hesitate on that one because I'm still fairly new at it. It was Sugoi. Ja ne!

The Priestess
RLB71797 chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Hmm...that was weird but it was ok, The-Jack-Of-All-Trades Otaku.
Nabeshin Danbei Ayanami chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
I think there is still a few more types you should add...hmm, like the Normalus, but ones that are hardcore...the ones that collect...like me and alot of other people, where dominance is determined by the number and quality of anime DVD's and series. Probably should be called the

Otakus Collectus: Sometimes a combination of several, most commonly Otakus Gamus, Otakus mangus, and Otakus Compactdiskium. What makes this subspecies different, is that they spend most of their time and effort collecting and watching anime, japanese games, and when not doing so, reading fanfics. Dominance is determined by the number and quality of anime media. The males of this subspecies tends to be part Otakus Nodateus, attracting of females by lending of anime, often starting conversations on anime. These Otaku tend to like to read fanfics made by Otakus Nolifeus, and try to mimick their writing capabilities. Often seen in the wild, playing DDR or at a media and/or anime store. Sometimes may be seen exchanging anime.

Anyway, something like that should be added in...Great observation though, time someone said it, and expressed their distaste at those "Otakus Normalus" that hardly have the right to be called Otaku's...but I digress...
Pistachio Torte chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
That was really interesting and funny! I know what I am now! Thank you for enlightening me! _
hypnoticageregression chapter 1 . 11/21/2002
Hee hee hee! LOL! FUNNY! Umm... Yeah, nice.
Mistress Jakira chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
LOL oh yes, nature is such a wonderful thing. *bwahaha* I fit into a little bit of every category...except maybe Otakus Nodateus...lol ;) This is funny funny stuff! I think it'd be funny if National Geographic actually did this. Great spoof, be, it would, if you like, Yoda, to talk like. _ *one last maniacal laugh* Penguin. *snicker*~MJ
Elusion chapter 1 . 3/16/2002
WAHAHAHA! This is great! I just layely was introduced into your fanfics, by "Insertion," although I had seen your name several times. Once I read one of your stories, I had to read the rest. Otakus Nolifeus allthe way! I don't seem to fit in any other category. I too live off ramen. :)
Rami chapter 1 . 2/15/2002