Reviews for Once In This District
Pari B chapter 11 . 2/6/2018
I want to thank you for this wonderful addition to the HG fanfic world. It managed to be incredibly unique even within an existing universe and many times that is a tricky endeavor. I loved your different usage of the characters that not only showed your artistic creativity, but also managed to maintain their integrities as well. I especially appreciated that you had Katniss be the one to seek out love. She can be an incredibly oblivious girl, our Katniss and getting to see her be so assured of what she wanted and seek it out was refreshing.
You also did a great job of showcasing just how poisonous doubt can be, especially when it comes to love. She knew that she loved Peeta wholly, but those few whispered words in her ear were enough to plant such discord in her heart that she nearly did something unimaginable.
This was a magnificent read altogether and I’m so glad that I stumbled on it. And although I may not be able to forgive you for literally making me weep during the emotional roller coaster of the gate scene followed by the death march, I look forward to reading your future additions.
dragonBug27 chapter 11 . 7/6/2017
o. m. g. you actually made me cry tears. real tears!
insidejokepartyof1 chapter 11 . 12/25/2015
wow madge was a bitch in this. just wondering how peeta knew where to find katniss at the hanging tree?
Guest chapter 11 . 9/13/2015
Wow that was amazing! I just couldn't put it down. Great job!
Guest chapter 10 . 8/2/2015
I'm pretty sure that Gale wouldn't call his mom "Hazelle"...
S chapter 11 . 8/2/2015
Thank you for this. When i first read the prologue, I thought that the little girl was Katniss. But when she said "fairy tale like Papa tells me", I began to think that it was Katniss and Peeta's daughter, and that the woman was Katniss. Then when Katniss began telling the story, I knew it had to be hers after reading that summary. Thank you for this amazing story, it really was beautiful, and I fell for it so quickly. But when you said it was kinda based off The Little Mermaid musical, I started freaking out, cause I didn't want it to be like the real fairy tale of The Little Mermaid. And I was getting so sad in Chapter 10 when Katniss was being escorted by Haymitch. So glad that they did live happily ever after and I love the ending of the epilogue. So once again thank you for this amazing story and all of the beautiful writing that you have. ;D
LiveWriteReadLove.Lit.Everlark chapter 11 . 1/5/2015
I loved this story. It was so interesting and beautiful. The knife part reminded me of the movie Ella Enchanted (which I love lol) but truly loved this story and the ending was just perfect that Peeta gave everythin up for her and I loved the epilogue too :) Just amazing job
Guest chapter 11 . 12/30/2014
can u write any more stories like this plssssssssss
AceOfHeartsss chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
This story is absolutely amazing. I have never cried before while reading anything (except maybe when Dobby does in HP), but Chapter 9 was amazingly written and heartbreakingly sad (until the end) and I definitely shed some tears. I love how you wrote it in a way that invoked deep emotions in the readers where we felt the pain as our own. Overall, marvelous job.
fallensidhe chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
I love the fact that you even know of "once on this island" if in fact that is the musical that you based this on. We actually did a production of this when I was in high school and I played little timone and the "little girl" which I was called for the rest of school lol. Great writing! Looking forward to reading more. :)
Kpfan72491 chapter 11 . 3/3/2014
Awewwww amazing ending
Pookieh chapter 11 . 1/26/2014
PERFECT, everything about that was just so perfect. Great job on this one my friend, loved all the canon tie-ins and this was a really unique take on the original HCA story. I'm still in awe of how much I loved it :)
Pookieh chapter 10 . 1/26/2014
OMG I'M CRYING! Thank you Mitches for reducing me to tears with that ending! It's like I had this small hope that Peeta would come for her but then again I was like, oh damn, she's gonna stick to the original story and she's gonna die. Good lord, I love this story! Brao my dear, great job!
Pookieh chapter 9 . 1/26/2014
And way to break my heart...damn it! I bet Haymitch is laughing his ass off. Oh man, I have to keep reading to see what happens next! GAH! Love it!
Pookieh chapter 8 . 1/26/2014
NOOOO! Damn you Madge! And you too Peeta! GAH and now the smoke is here! Just so you know, all kinds of emotions right now Mitches!