Reviews for There is a Season
Guest chapter 3 . 11/8/2002
Card with bugs was great touch.
AP chapter 3 . 10/19/2002
I felt a real emotional honesty coming from this story. Good job. Thanks for sharing.
Emily chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful story. Thank you for writing it. That's how life goes- one day at a time.
Sylphide chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
He died last night? I am so sorry for your loss. Your grief is evident in your story and I can so relate.
Barbara chapter 3 . 10/16/2002
I can relate. My husband had a cancer scare that thankly was benign. My mother is undergoing an operation for lung cancer next monday, and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have a breast removed. So just hang in there.
danielle chapter 2 . 10/1/2002
my nona died of cancer. just remember to cherish the time you have and understand that everything is forgiven. my prayers are with you and your family.
laangel chapter 2 . 9/29/2002
kayra this is a relly good story an happy birthday i hope your family member gets better and you add a conclusion to this story?
CSIERfan chapter 1 . 9/28/2002
This is such a sweet story and you write it so well. Please continue
MoonDancerCat chapter 2 . 9/28/2002
This is such an emotional piece, even if it doesn't look like it at first. It's the weirdest thing... I've been looking for that poem, and who wrote it for a long time, because it was quoted in "All the Weyrs of Pern" by Anne McCaffrey, and I loved it. It works so perfectly with this story, and I hope your family member is doing well.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/28/2002
The poem is not really a poem - it's in the Old Testament, Ecclesiastics - chapter 11, I think. Turned into a song by the Byrds in the 60s. Nice verse.
Sylphide chapter 2 . 9/28/2002
Hello,

Your story made me cry. I just overheard my mother talking to my grandfather - her mother, my grandmother, has been diagnosed with skin cancer. She's had it before, and she's really healthy and young, and I don't know how bad it is or anything. So your story can be related to.

Also, my mother had cancer herself a year ago. It was operated on and it's gone now, but it's the kind that comes back, but it's slow-spreading. However, she's having problems with her leg that it was in, with swelling and such, and she has to now work part-time. My mother is only 47.

Sylphide
Peggiegg chapter 2 . 9/28/2002
Peom is from the Bible - Ecclesiastes! Excellent characterization. So sad, but very well done. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to more.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/13/2002
looks good! keep it up
IBDucky chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Sorry to hear the news about your family member, but I believe there's a lesson to be learned from everything. And I speak from experience as my aunt died from liver cancer a few months ago. Keep writing; it's a good story and I'm sure it will help you as well as others.
aleetza chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
This is such a sad story. I hope you keep writing this one.

I'm very sorry about your family member. My grandfather died of cancer only a month before I was born. I just wish I could have met him sometime. Just once. The saddest thing is that he knew that he wouldn't live long enough to see his first grandchild.

My prayers are with your family member