Reviews for 18 Miles Out
TheLadyMaddy chapter 45 . 10/12
"So he went for the other thing he knew he was good at; pissing Beth off" is one of my favourite lines in this fic I love it and I will continue to love and reread your Bethyl fic.
OceanSwell chapter 72 . 1/8
Overall a good story. Originally I was put off because this isn't the kinda thing i'd read but it certainly deserves to be rated as one of the highest twd ff.

Definitely some issues. The ending was deeply unsatisfactory. Not in the tone of the end or anything, as I liked the 'lets have a family' end. But the issue is with the climax. Although you killed off Jimmy and Glenn at the end, the whole climax was honestly poor.

As I have noticed throughout the whole fanfic you tend to write in such a way where in combat it is hard to follow what is happening. And while it might make sense in your head it certainly confused me on more than one occasion. Making me carefully reread the sentences and paragraphs. While that may have been my lazy reading, I still noticed it a few times that I had no idea what was going on.

Another issue I noticed was that you tended to make things more perilous than they have any right to be only to let your protagonists get out of it somehow. The number of times the protags were surrounded by herds and survived is honestly beyond belief. So a lack of realism if anything.

And your tendencies to have none of the cast dies lowered the stakes a lot in a story where death should be always present. Especially in the ending no matter what bullshit they pulled in the prison, there is no way that Rick's group would ever survive getting double-crossed by Woodbury and another well-armed malicious group. So I certainly was unsatisfied with the ending, it read poorly and had no idea what was happening, and in the end, the Governor had died somehow and the other antagonist acted like some maniac and got killed by the convenient timing of Daryl.

I would have preferred you to develop further on the intelligent walkers more and used them at the end where they so easily could have been used. But I guess you wanted to have another Deth character moment towards the end, so whatever I guess.

Overall it was good though, would be better if you rewrote at some point and tightened it up. Editing and fleshing out several areas that could have done with more development, but overall i enjoyed it.
OceanSwell chapter 57 . 1/7
Kinda. Bur kinda not. I rate a story by whether they can elicit a response from me. Like, get me excited get me speaking to myself etc. Yours has accomplished that much so... Kinda.
OceanSwell chapter 43 . 1/7
"I'm going to fuck you against this tree."... Man this made me laugh so hard.
OceanSwell chapter 40 . 1/7
Oh the irony... The ship was sailing and then it sank and fell to the bottom of the ocean...
OceanSwell chapter 39 . 1/7
The reason for the walkers being intelligent at the start of the series is because frank Darabont was in charge of directing and had his own vision and plans for the future. I'm sure he would've built on it in the future and developed the walkers somewhat. But without the genius of Darabont, they were left to a litany of random directors and a lack of any real creative direction.
OceanSwell chapter 29 . 1/7
Tomato sauce and ketchup are used interchangeably in the UK. I imagine it's the same in Australia the cultures are pretty similar after all.
OceanSwell chapter 6 . 1/7
I wasn't going to comment as this is so old and I know the fic is dead but... Man, the scene between Beth and Daryl after Dales funeral is weird af.
cherrywineBA chapter 72 . 1/6/2021
I’ve just read this story for the first time and it was wonderful. Thank you for writing such a fantastic fix x
x23evolution chapter 41 . 12/31/2020
I’m rereading this story and this scene has always stuck out in my mind as one of the most romantic moments. Thank you for such a beautiful story
jenwincart chapter 1 . 12/29/2020
loved it
Guest049359843 chapter 1 . 11/3/2020
I¿m in chapter 23 already, its effing 2020 and I can't believe how much I'm loving this fanfiction. You're working things slowly and that makes everything fall in place just in the perfect timing. I didn't see that first kiss coming I literally screamed. I dunno if you will ever read this, so pissed i got here just now, after 6 YEARS! I dunno if u keep writing, but if u do, pls never quit. After all this time i thought that I was over Bethyl because of what happened in the show and started rooting for Connie and Daryl but because of you I realized that I'll never get over this amazing couple and i wanna thank u for that
NScofield chapter 72 . 7/28/2020
Hello! I don't know if you even read these reviews anymore but still I just have to thank you! Read this story in past couple of days and enjoyed it very much. Now almost six years after you finished writing this was kind of bitter sweet experience, espescially the whole Glenn, Maggie and baby drama... Also made me miss the original characters and now I think I have to start rewatching the series :) thanks!
Guest chapter 72 . 6/12/2020
Came back to re-read this. It's been YEARS! It's crazy how you wrote this before Beth and Daryl even had their episodes together. This is a great story! Thank you for writing:)
Melinda Thompson chapter 72 . 5/15/2020
Just finished this,, 18 Miles Out (5/15/2020). I Loved it...I found the story when another fan ask for the name, giving a short description and this was the title she got in return. Again, great story. Keep up the good work. New fan from the USA...Melinda
2,752 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »