Reviews for 18 Miles Out
I loved this story so much I hope you contiune writing daryl fanfics in the future :)
FloggingBri chapter 72 . 7/21
This is seriously one of the best stories I've ever read. I absolutely loved it!
FloggingBri chapter 55 . 7/18
3 The feels! 3
FloggingBri chapter 39 . 7/17
First of all, I absolutely love your writing! This story is amazing and one of my all time favorites. The dynamic between Beth and Daryl is spot on and it's amazing. (And hot :D) The way you had Curtis save Beth - that is a great idea. Again, did I mention I love this story? Great job!
leftmywingshome chapter 72 . 7/12
I read this story straight through. It came highly recommended all over tumblr. I've been with The Walking Dead since the beginning but only recently ventured into the fandom hell.. This story is quite simply, amazing. I loved it. I questioned the reaction to Beth and Daryls relationship and I doubt that it would have been as easily accepted as your story made it.. But it is after all your story! I liked how you balanced canon with your original writing. It worked so well! And I absolutely loved that you created in Beth the strong, fierce girl I had hoped one day I'd see before the writers broke my heart and made me a bitter, distrustful viewer! I do have a little faith and I'm hanging on to the hope that maybe.. There's a chance she'll come back. Because nothing makes sense regarding her death.. So maybe just maybe.. Thank you again for sharing this!
Melissalarobardier chapter 29 . 7/6
I almost enjoy your author notes as much as your story.

Ps re-reading this for like the fifth time.
On3xPi3c3 chapter 55 . 7/2
Omg the feels are way too much to handle right now...I'm shaking, and I can't. The FEELS!
Mrs. Clark chapter 72 . 6/15
Great story! Hearts still broken over the outcome of Coda, but fics like yours keep Bethyl/Deth alive.
scully578 chapter 22 . 6/5
This is totally both true to Daryl and michonne, I think
DaniPopplers chapter 72 . 5/26
This story deserved an even 1000 followers. I'm crying
team emmy kinney chapter 20 . 5/11
I'm only on chapter 20 and I plan on reading this entire fic today, but I just couldn't wait until the end to give a review. I love this dynamic that is building up. Most Bethyl fictions I've read don't play off of Daryl's idea of Beth of being weak and innocence, or have him show his anger at her for being unprepared for the new world. I love it! I love how they argue and how we see Beth get upset but she'll still shoot something back at him. This feels so realistic to how Daryl felt about her in the beginning.

And oh my good, you're so in character with everyone. Every chapter, I have to stop myself a couple of times and laugh or gush at how realistic it is. Like, back at the farm, when Glenn went to check on Daryl and then he seemed to immediately regret it? That's so season 2 Glenn. Or Rick thinking about Daryl hiding off in the forest eating raw squirrel liver. Just little things like that are so spot on to the characters and their thought processes. I can't wait to keep reading and see where this goes. This is so fantastic!
gotye chapter 72 . 5/5
Absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing it.
sankontesu chapter 1 . 4/24
I have to tell you. I started reading this yesterday foolishly around 8pm and I haven't slept. I finally finished it aroun 3pm today, without breaks and it's a work of art. Every single chapter was perfect. All the characterizations were perfect. Beth and Daryl and how they came together and apart and together again. The constant emotional battle Daryl was waging on himself. The ending. The way he tells her (or DOESNT tell her) he loves her. How strong Beth got with fighting. CURTIS! I just...I feel like I burned through it too quickly and I will certainly be rereading many more times. I also just finished The Spiced Mollasses and although I also loved that one, I will always be coming back to this one. 18 miles is to me, where the show should have taken it. It's more than just a fanfic, it's like a novel I want to print out and keep with me on my bedside table. I'm also surprised out of my wits that you had written Daryl escaping with Beth before it had already happened in canon. I'm probably going to start rereading it now. It's strange because I also took the time to read your authors notes and I grew livid when you addressed negatives critics because what type of UNGRATEFUL hooligans would ever negatively review or find complaint. It was PERFECT. I am half convinced you not only write fanfic but novels and I'm suspicious as to your possible connection with TWD as a series...I'm sorry I didn't review every chapter as I should have. I might guilt myself into doing it when I reread again, but even if I don't, and even if you never read this, thank you. This must not have been easy, it probably took you forever, and left you exhausted many times but I for one am extremely grateful. If you ever go out and publish anything (even a cookbook) one day please Pm sankontesu and I'll be one of the first to buy it off the shelves (or Amazon as it is). Thank you thank you thank you.
This is amazing! Such a well written story!
Ambrosia29 chapter 17 . 4/14
...my thoughts here are thus "Why was it a lie?" I mean I think I get it, that he thinks she's pretty enough that she really doesn't need the sleep...but calling the teasing and vaguely complimentary/flirtatious statement a lie right after does it a disservice.

It was cute and sweet. I could totally see him saying something like that to her, in a similar manner. Sorry I'm not reviewing more, I've been reading and trying to get a bunch of it done.
2,688 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »