Reviews for The Third Option (a Dark Shadows Story)
Daryl Wor chapter 17 . 2/14/2014
Just wanted to thank Joe for his review. Yes indeed, an alternate version and a plausible outcome for the Dark Shadows mythology. I have been inordinately grateful that this story was produced before mine has been finished. It's revealed that there can be better endings, like the offspring of Ben Stokes.

This story has shown that before mine and proven it for me so that I didn't have to. :)
Joe chapter 18 . 1/20/2014
Enjoyed the story. An alternate version of events that is entirely plausible in the Dark Shadows mythology.
I look forward to reading other DS stories from this author.
Daryl Wor chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Just wanted to come back to this and say how much I enjoy it, and am still enjoying it. We got it to an e-reader with the voice to text ability and were listening while wrapping Christmas presents. We started busting up over the one part where so & so (as to not give it away to new readers) fell down like a "house of cards". It was so much fun.

That being said, I've been meaning to ask you, would you like me to do a reading of it for The Audio Fan Fiction Library? It troubles me that Willie gets hurt so much, but I can likely get through that... and... yucky... brush up on an impression of Jason Mcguire... ewl... but considering the story it may very well be worth having to impersonate him, too.

Plus I still love the ending. Even have a song it reminds me of. All kinds of England 60's or Ziggy Stardust type sound. Let me know. I've done many book readings with good audio and would like to do it. Just need your permission. That's all The Audio Fan Fiction Library requires. Thanks.
Christina chapter 11 . 10/23/2013
I am so glad to find another story, by you!

Pathetic worm! LOL

Terrific, and funny dialogue! I especially enjoyed it, in the previous chapter.

You pack a lot of activity into each short segment.

The premise for this story is a really inventive solution to a number of problems; I look forward to reading more, to seeing how you will wrap it up, and the new slant you've put on this storyline-my favorite DS storyline.
Daryl Wor chapter 18 . 9/16/2013
Excellent. I'm happy, with it! (I'd say poltergeist maybe attaches to people and hauntings attach to places, but it's all ghosts, right?) Thanks again!
Daryl Wor chapter 15 . 9/16/2013
Whoah! I think I'll fan myself off now! _
Daryl Wor chapter 14 . 9/16/2013
Awesome! Still enjoying this... and I've had the whole ice-dilemma on my mind all week so I had to giggle at that and the repetitive "London Bridges". Good job!
mad margaret chapter 18 . 9/16/2013
I didn't expect it to end so soon. Those 18 chapters went by very fast. Nice tidy, happy ending all around. Except Willie still doesn't get a girl. Oh well. Since they're in England, maybe he'll meet a relative of Pansy Faye. You can't post outside links at . Don't forget to mark your story "complete" now. Hope you write another soon. Cheers.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 18 . 9/14/2013
Wow, Barnabas got his happy ending despite his curse. Good for him. And I'm glad Willie seems to be doing well.
Helena Clara Bouchet chapter 17 . 9/13/2013
Maggie has a closed casket? Hmm...
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 17 . 9/12/2013
Hmmm. So is Maggie dead or will Barnabas get a happy ending?
Guest chapter 16 . 9/11/2013
Love it! Keep it coming!
kaleen1212 chapter 16 . 9/10/2013
Another good chapter. But if course he can't leave, can he?
mad margaret chapter 15 . 9/9/2013
This chapter reminds me of the episode where Maggie (rehypnotized by Nicholas Blair) calls Barnabas and Willie to the Old House on some pretext but they don't know she's lost her memory and both tremble there like naughty schoolboys.

I am enjoying this story and appreciate that you update freuquently and don't leave us languishing.

Now that Maggie has been released, does Barnbas reunite with Sarah? I was a little sad that Willie gave up Jason without even a second thought. And I cannot believe Barnabas would leave Collinsport to protect a woman. He is way too self centered for that. He could tell Willie to lock him up in the cell so she'll be safe. And Willie says "Yeah" because then he's free to ask her out himself.
mtinpa2005 chapter 15 . 9/8/2013
Collinwood with out Barnabas? That's like Thanksgiving without the turkey! Lol. Great story keep it up!