Reviews for Girls und Panzerlied
1337Pwny chapter 1 . 7/25
What a great story, I think the reference is evagelion. Battle of the bulge was a great movie and a interesting three month battle
KINGTIGERACE chapter 1 . 5/11
I like it . You should add more to it instead of what it is now
Pyeknu chapter 1 . 2/7
Gorgeous! A nice blast from the past!
Theralion chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I liked Hessler as a character, particularly his life story and his view on tankery as someone who fought in an actual war. It's quite plausible that he would dislike war as a game at first, but gradually change his opinion as he learned more about it.

I'm curious as to what year Girls Und Panzer takes place in, or how old Hessler would be in it.

Is Asuka a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion, and is that the reference you were referring to? The fact that Erwin's family is German/Japanese reminded me of Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion being German/Japanese.

In short, this was well done, and I enjoyed reading it.
cd11 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
In a single word. Excellent!
Wittmann the Tiger Ace chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
very good story.

Joannes808 chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Love the story. Girls und Panzer, Battle of the Bulge, and Ghost in a shell I'm assuming. If he did survive that horrible ordeal concerning the fuel depot back in the Ardennes, I think it would a safe assumption that he would take the first opportunity to get back in uniform, and would concern himself with Panzerfahren if he lived in the GuP world.

I also like the part of were he mentions Kuromorimine in the end, he does seem like the kind of man that would cheer on the schools that idolized the Blitzkrieg tactics performed by the German Panzer Divisions in WWII. Though the ideologies of the Nishizumi style do conflict with his with its call "To obtain victory, no mater the costs." to his of "To fight on, no mater the outcome."
bri1967 chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Excellent, love the use of Hessler as a positive role model for the young tankers.