Reviews for The Trickster's Tale
blackvelvetwisteria chapter 17 . 1/30/2014
It's about time Thor wasn't blind. Yay for Loki feels!
Daku-DarkNess316 chapter 17 . 1/30/2014
love this story cant wait to read more
Cinderfire16 chapter 17 . 1/30/2014
Thor completely DISSED Odin! And challenged him! And went back to Loki. And detached himself from Asgard to do it. He basically disowned himself! I've been waiting for him to come to his sense. He took too long in Thor 2, but that's just my opinion. What's next? Keep writing!
Cinderfire.
Kekeh chapter 16 . 1/30/2014
Wow ... I found this story today and read all the chapters! The plot is amazing, left me without breath to each chapter. I was super happy that Loki made friends (albeit in circumstances bad) and that he really trust them. Please, do not forget to update! Congratulations on the story well written!
purpleKRAD chapter 16 . 1/23/2014
More?
Yana5 chapter 16 . 1/21/2014
I hope loki will be ok
Blithesome chapter 16 . 1/17/2014
Before I review, I'd like to mention that I don't know much about the Avengers yet as I'm new to the fandom. But anyway.

That was some pretty powerful angst. Reading about Loki as a complete emotional wreck was pretty heart-wrenching (in a good way). The way the relationship between him and Tony evolved was almost like Loki was a child seeking guidance or something and Tony was the gentle, awesome big brother (better than Thor ever was, really). It was sweet. And I really liked the Loki as a hacker -idea, although somehow I get the sense that teaching a god of mischief to mess with computers will result in someone screaming "What have you done!" later on. :p Just wait until he comes up with a virus on his own.

That said, I felt a bit disappointed in the latter part of the fic - when Sif showed up I felt that the story got a bit rushed. The initial build-up of angst and misery was so powerful that I would have expected and wanted some more friendship and fluff moments to balance it. Tony, Steve and Bruce could have totally freed Loki between the three of them, and it would have been much more interesting to see them fighting for Loki than having some Asgardian storm in and end the conflict. I was really looking forward to Steve having a huge guilt trip over his decision and then becoming fiends with Loki - he's such a goody two-shoes that I wonder how he would have interacted with someone so obviously broken and in need of help.

So now instead we get Sif and Thor coming to the rescue, and then what? Loki goes back to them so that he can continue his miserable life exactly the way it has been for the past centuries? (Here you should note that I've never seen the Thor movies...) As Loki put at some point in the fic, during his few days with Tony he's gotten more affection and care than he ever did with his family. Moreover, the Asgardians haven't learned anything new about family while Loki was banished, so if he goes back, it will be just the same as before, not to mention that Loki swore to cut those ties when he was abandoned. So I think that considering all the abuse that has been heaped on Loki, he really should flip the bird to Asgard and spend a few years, decades or centuries on Midgard to get some perspective and actual friends. He could work on being retitled as the "God of Hacking".

So, overall this has been a great and very emotional ride. I'm still looking forward to the last few chapters. Aside from skipping some parts that I would have liked to see in the story, I think that this fic is really well written. One moment that especially stood out to me was Steve watching the doctors doing "tests" on Loki and then storming away from the monitoring room when he started screaming. The rising tension and the sense of wrongness were really palpable and it was a great scene.
SnarryMoreidLover chapter 16 . 1/16/2014
Awww poor loki they just wanna help but he has a hard time trusting i really hope that he can let them later on help him
Kerttu chapter 16 . 1/11/2014
Drama-queen returneth... for a good reason.
angrbodagiantess chapter 16 . 1/10/2014
Uh oh...and they had been do so well. Ah, Bruce, of course you would hit too close to home, but Loki did want to know...

But, back to the beginning of the chapter. I really love all of them getting Loki to open up, but the line that got me was 'Because they care'. It's short and easy to skip over, but, given the rest of this story, that single line is very significant in Loki's train of thought. He's actually gotten to the point where he finally understands their true motivations. Yeah, that's big.

And is it just me, or is curious Loki adorable Loki? So freaking cute how he keeps asking questions and playing with the stethoscope. It may have been a way for him to distract himself, but it still came off as child-like. Adorbs. "Your hearts speak?" Eheeee, so cute. Too bad about his reaction to the truth of his psychological state, but isn't that how we'd all react?

This chapter was really great. I can't wait for more!
SailingFXforGold chapter 16 . 1/9/2014
Great chapter! I love the interaction between the characters.
Maia2 chapter 16 . 1/9/2014
Awww. First, I love that all of them were worried about Loki. Enough to make him talk. And I love how supportive they all were. It's good Loki has all of them now.
His curiosity during the examination was both adorable and a very safe coping mechanism, I think.
Oh, and Bruce was way too accurate with that assessment, I think. Poor Loki.
zippy zany chapter 16 . 1/8/2014
You skipped the part on how tony found him? Maybe just a line?

On another note: the story is ending... Nooooo it's too good to end :)
STARSCREAM RULEZ chapter 16 . 1/8/2014
Oh dear. The next chapter is going to be very, awkward for Loki.
Black-Luna chapter 16 . 1/8/2014