Reviews for Tanuki To Ryuu A Tale of a Meiji Romance
lyn chapter 21 . 8/8/2013
Like this update soon
t recorder chapter 21 . 1/22/2011
this was a really good story, update soon please
Ever Searching chapter 15 . 6/1/2010
It was going so well! Seriously, I was so excited about how Kenshin and Kaoru were being open and honest about their relationships, and the way Kaoru was mastering her kata while battling against some mega bad guys! It was like her own jinchu. I'm just confused as to why the thing with Kenshin getting excited about Kaoru practicing. I mean, I've read stories about it before, but it just seemed really random. And...then there was nothing else about it. Then Kenshin mastered the Kamiya Kasshin Ryu in three days, which I get, kinda since he's a master at another ryu in the first place, but I think the story needed a little bit of the learning or atleast more discussion on the topic. It just all seemed too skimmed over in my opinion. That was all I could see even remotely wrong. I loved the rest, it just seemed that this chapter was a little, ida know, rushed? Maybe? Just a thought, but the rest was awesome! Keep going!
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Whootness- awesome job 3

Ari chan
umeboshi-girl chapter 21 . 5/28/2008
I really enjoyed this story. I think it was my er.. third time reading it and I figured it was time I finally left a review. I really like all the little details, the dialogue, and the character interaction. Not to mention the Kenshin/Kaoru romance! It really seems like an extension of the anime or manga. Anyway, I don't think you're still updating this story, but I'd figured I'd leave a comment anyway.
Tsuki-kiba chapter 21 . 3/13/2008
i luv this story, i love how you write it... but could u please update...? I wana know what happens next...

tsukiba
WildfireDreams chapter 21 . 2/7/2008
Amazing! Please write more soon!
skenshingumi chapter 21 . 5/10/2005
High marks overall. I am glad you finished the first two arcs. Whys top now?
skenshingumi chapter 19 . 5/10/2005
I really like your idea of what Soujiro would choose. I also agree 100% about Kenshin sticking with Kenshin and not reverting to Shinta but I don't agree with anything from Seisouhen since I think it takes the themes of redemption and valuing life and turns it on its head. Alos, I really liked the speech Kenshin gave about bonding with the way of the sword.
skenshingumi chapter 18 . 5/10/2005
I'm glad they finally got married. I suppose you could also call this the "honeymoon arc" but I think that would probably incorreclty give the impression the emphasis is on romance. I think a little more WAFF might ahve been nice but actually the manga is not that waffy so you are consistent.
skenshingumi chapter 15 . 5/10/2005
I think the 3 day idea was a cute one. Also I thought it was funny that Kenshin confessed he got excited when Kaoru practices.
skenshingumi chapter 14 . 5/10/2005
I am going to have to check this out. I don't think Kenshin has a thing for licking his own blood, although licking blood off a blade seems to be almost a samurai cliche in Japanese anime and movies. I cannot see him licking Kaoru's blood instead of treating the wound though. I though may be he was going to go in for a kiss which is probably not very "manga-ish" if that's what you are going for. I did enjoy the battle and I am glad Kaoru gets to really show her stuff here.
skenshingumi chapter 13 . 5/10/2005
I like Yutaro and Yahiko working as a team to get the twins. I am also glad that Yahiko is the more advanced one since he has been practicing for much longer and been in actual battles.
skenshingumi chapter 11 . 5/10/2005
I thought the Dark Monk was a great invention and very Watsuki-ish interms of the reasoning of the staff's power and the way it sealed the swork in the sheath. Not lame at all.
skenshingumi chapter 10 . 5/10/2005
I like this story and am looking forward to the battle between Kenshin and the monk. I do hope though that the chapters don't become one sequence of fights after another. I hope after the next fight there is some more character development.