Reviews for Shadow Corp
ZadArchie chapter 13 . 6/25
So, I’m just going in order of the posts on that WA thread to help counteract the spammer. So, yay, another review for you!

Ouch, looks like everything is sinking for Blaze. I mean, everything that can go wrong is going wrong, and Blaze is caught in the middle of it with nothing to do to stop it. Knowing that she’s’ fired now, I wonder what she is going to do in response to it? I’m kind of hoping that she finds some clever way to get revenge or at the very least, expose some skeletons in Shadow Corps closet. Maybe Sonic can still be of help…

As always, a courtesy review to another person plagued by the spammer is encouraged to help pay it forward.

ZadArchie chapter 12 . 6/19

I knew it! See, everything was going too well at the beginning of this chapter. I knew it wasn’t going to work out so nice and neat for Blaze. I knew something bad was bound to happen. She was so close to winning. Of course, Shadow has some plan of action. However, this looks big. This looks like it’s going to get even worse than I thought.

ZadArchie chapter 11 . 6/17

I’m kind of surprised that Blaze went with the tour instead of Sonic. I mean, I took one look at that choice and knew that, of course, Shadow Corp wasn’t going to show her anything interesting. She wasn’t going to get any dirt on them that way. But you managed to turn it around with the radiation thing. So, there was a method in the madness…

ZadArchie chapter 10 . 6/14

Hm, Sonic may throw some interesting information Blaze’s way. Then again, she could get more than she bargained for. But overall, I think what got me the most was that last paragraph. Something is clearly up now that Tails is involved, and I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. I’m not entirely sure which side he’s on.

ZadArchie chapter 9 . 6/12

I think this entire second half of the story is very interesting and builds a compelling story. I want to say it’s something about choosing one character for the main perspective. Shadow, Sonic, Amy, and some of the other characters are fine. Some of their perspectives offered some neat ideas. However, the story really solidifies under Blaze’s view. Everything starts to connect and feels more cohesive.

ZadArchie chapter 8 . 6/10

This was probably the most interesting chapter that I’ve read so far. It really starts to begin a mystery underlying this business intrigue. I was right to suspect that something wasn’t right about Amy’s death. The real question is what happened? And will Blaze find out the truth before she ends up with a similar fate? I’m excited to keep reading.

ZadArchie chapter 7 . 6/7

Hm, something just ain’t right here. Blaze thought she had them, and I believe she did. I believe her information was right. But something…changed, and I don’t know what. I don’t like it either. Something’s fishy, and I’d like to know what.

It looks like Blaze has got some trouble on the way. Between Mephiles trying to get information/create a smear campaign and Amy being…well, Amy, things are clearly not going Blaze’s way. Blaze is kind of the unsung hero of this fic, so I am kind of rooting for her, but then again, I’m not sure what’s around the corner, so I don’t want to get my hopes up too much.
Oh…well, that explains Amy. But again, something is fishy about the situation. I can’t help but feel that she just conveniently “disappeared” rather than what the media said about her. Something just ain’t right here.

ZadArchie chapter 6 . 4/7

Using Blaze’s perspective for this chapter was a good choice. It helped the readers get a better feel for just how bad things may be for Shadow Corp. But like any stereotypical reporter who only cares about a good scoop, Blaze is determined to get the squeeze on Shadow Corp. But, boy does Charmy get the slip on Blaze. I wonder what’s going to happen to her?

ZadArchie chapter 5 . 3/9

Oh, God, Amy’s back. I can’t wait to see what’s in store here. However, this iteration of her is interesting. On the one hand, she’s her usual, manic, obsessed self as she vies for Sonic’s attention. On the other, she’s a writer with lots of feelings who pours those feelings into her work. And I really like how this whole chapter fills in some holes I didn’t know were there in Blaze’s tale in the beginning. Really good way to bring that all back around.

ZadArchie chapter 4 . 3/9

Hm, hard to tell if this meeting went according to plan or not. Shadow always seems to have more up his sleeve than he lets others in on. Either way, Shadow certainly knows how to take control over just about any situation. He also engages in some odd practices. However, I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if some companies did do things a lot like this.

ZadArchie chapter 3 . 3/2

Hm, so it looks like Shadow had some big plans when he roped Tails into his fold. Of course, I had a suspicion about that. But this opening really hammers home that there are always bigger plans in mind when it comes to Shadow.

Aha, but it looks like Espio and Shadow’s other corporate enemies may have gotten the best of him, for now. Very sneaky. I think that’s what’s the most interesting part of this story. There’s a lot of backstabbing, double-crosses, and secret backdoor deals. It keeps things interesting.

Rouge definitely knows how to make an entrance, and her role in Shadow Corp is an interesting one. I must admit. Even I would be very nervous in an interview with her.

ZadArchie chapter 2 . 2/23

There are definitely some shifty things afoot here. For the most part, it seems everyone is out to personally sabotage Shadow, except for Tails of course. Poor Tails, he’s just a new, fresh face in all of this who has no idea what’s really going on. It’ll be interesting to see how Shadow gets around all the wolves of the business world.

ZadArchie chapter 1 . 2/17

That was a heck of an introduction. I feel sorry for Blaze, but boy that bit at the end of the introduction really shows how far the sabotage is going within these corporations. But just who wanted the reporter out of the way? Hm…

This really was a great first chapter. I don’t know exactly all of what’s going on, but I followed enough. What I especially like about this one is the tone. It really feels like a corporate thriller. Every sentence is purposeful and builds tension. Really well done there.

Metal1784 chapter 14 . 2/15/2015
Mobian cats going off the rails? Yes please.

Lovely pacing, evocative vocabulary, and more in-depth characterisation than before. And, man, you know how to slowly pick a character apart, don't you? Blaze's slow decline is morbidly interesting to follow, but I do feel bad for her.

For a minute in this chapter, I was thinking that she would be the one hurt after waking up, but Knuckles was the one who was hurt. Cats are the cause of extinction for many species, you know. She could have ended the echidna race or something. I feel sorry for everybody.

And I also learned a few new words from this chapter like paralegals and feuilleton. New words are fun.

Right, now for a couple of things I found.

In all other chapters, you've used italics when mentioning Bullion State. At one point in this chapter, you haven't italicised the name of the business, but that was in dialogue, so I could be wrong in pointing it out.

"...satisfied with the reply I folded my arms..." - You could put a comma after reply for pacing. The sentence without a comma is pretty long otherwise.

"Haven't done either in ages" - Present tense? Not too sure if it works here.

Overall, an interesting and well thought out chapter. And apologies for how long this review took!

- Metal
Metal1784 chapter 13 . 1/30/2015
The most gripping chapter of the lot so far.

Just when it looks like things can't get any worse for Blaze, everything just blows up. All those claims coming out of nowhere, and the manipulation of the company, and Big's actions... Wow. I do feel sorry for Blaze. At some points I wondered if she would get angry and use her fire powers, but I doubt that would look good in the papers.

This chapter is such a cliff-hanger. I’m very interested to find out how Blaze deals with all this – she’s already on a massive decline mentally, so what will all this do to her? I’m sure you’ll have much more in store for the poor cat.

The pacing was lovely. Nothing felt too dragged out or overdone, and vice versa. In fact, this chapter was the smoothest to read, with nicely ordered actions and to-the-point dialogue.

Bring on chapter fourteen, mate. I need to know more.

- Metal