Reviews for in a world that could have left us hard as metal
FlyingPigMonkey chapter 15 . 3/6
This is such a powerful piece, one of the realist I've read on here in a long time.
alittlebitdifferent394 chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
is the title from an Andrea Gibson poem?
yellow 14 chapter 16 . 8/27/2014
Not bad. Keep updating
yellow 14 chapter 15 . 8/22/2014
Well written, keep updating
MissingMommy chapter 15 . 8/20/2014
as i told you in the text, this shattered my heart. a great way to use the poem "for eli". and i really love how you worked it with parlav.

now, there's something haunting in how this is written. i can't pinpoint what, but it gave me chills. it was like that narrator that could make the story come alive. i really liked that. it added something to it. made it more...real.

[she never really came back] - that line. it really hurt. because i, as the reader, don't have to be told how lavender changed. i just know. just by this line.

[when was war ever fair? / she had no answer] - i don't think we ever do; have an answer for that, that is. because it isn't. war is chaos and destruction. it never is fair. but i can see lavender wanting it to be fair, needing it to be.

[loved her even when she could not love herself] - thanks for breaking my heart here. just what the doctor ordered, actually.

but this was gorgeous. and my heart ached for parvati, because she really did love lavender. thank you, lovely.
MissingMommy chapter 14 . 8/20/2014
Dudley/Piers is always a painful thing. Because these boys aren't kind. They are mean and bullies and being gay around them is just...not good. I think the pain is part of the reason why I love this pairing as much as I do. I'm apparently a masochist.

[And you've heard somewhere that sometimes bullies do that, they hurt most the people who remind them of what they don't want to see in themselves.] - This line is just so powerful. Because it's true. People bullies others because they are insecure about themselves. And maybe a little, because they hate themselves. It took me a long time to realize that.

[it's kind of about your cousin, but it's also kind of for the look of pure relief you see in Dudley's eyes] - I dunno. I really liked this line. It's obvious that Piers doesn't love Dudley in the way that Dudley loves him. But Piers still cared; still cared enough to let the blame fall back on him, to get them to lay off bullying the gays.

I really love how you brought Dudley's need to feel masculine in this story. I think it's important. And it maybe why he felt the need to bully. He didn't feel that it was "masculine" to be gay and lashed out. It's partly his parents' fault - for wanting him to be "normal".

And I loved how you ended it. Dudley got a happy ending. Not with Piers, but still. I liked it. It was very fitting.
MissingMommy chapter 13 . 8/18/2014
Justin/Ernie. I freaking love you. Because this is so gorgeous. And the closest thing I'll ever see you get to smut. I was actually rather surprised. But you were right; after reading this, I did understand the smut conversation on Whatsapp.

So I read this at like 4 this morning, when I woke up to get something to drink. And it's still as gorgeous now as it was at 4 this morning.

I really love the usage of second person. But you already know this. And I really adore how you characterize Justin. I think it's really important to see why he was so reluctant to be with Ernie. It's really lovely how he was so conflicted between what his parents taught him and wanting Ernie.

In the span of this chapter, you really made me hate Justin's parents. Poor Justin :( But I like how you wormed the information about his uncle and the "punishment" of him asking why it was so wrong. I think I would sexuality issues if that happened to me.

And Ernie. I adored Ernie. I really like how it worked up to this. It wasn't just random. Ernie had been going to his bed with frequency. Ernie cared, but knew that Justin was torn and conflicted and confused. And I really adore the fact that Ernie asks. He just doesn't take. He makes sure that Justin is okay with everything.

[You wonder how it is possible to want something so badly and simultaneously loathe the idea of it] - Poor Justin. :(

[and you forget. / You forget that someday you will have to choose between this and your family. You forget that this is supposed to be wrong.] - *cuddles* I hate the idea of Justin having to choose. But somehow, I believe that he won't really have to make the decision himself.

Thank you, lovely. I adored it. And you are fabulous. ily.
ohmoony chapter 6 . 3/30/2014
Aww, aww, awwwwwwwww! :') I love all the playful banter between Sirius and Remus, it seems so in character. Hahaha, I love how Lily comes in when Sirius is in dog form, and then James just, "Sirius..." and has to quickly save himself so Lily doesn't find out about them. I love how concerned for Remus Lily is, how she tries to gently tell him that animals don't really like werewolves, but asdfghjkl, Padfoot is *different*. [*Your* idiot.] Please just leave me in the corner, squeeing like the pathetic fangirl I am. This was lovely, darling, truly! :D
MissingMommy chapter 11 . 3/3/2014
godsal for the win. i just love this pairing so much.

and this was beautiful. the unrequited aspect of this was just wonderful.

[you know salazar almost as well as you know yourself. / he isn't coming back] - this line just speaks of how closely godric watched salazar, how close they were. and i love it. i can almost feel the sadness in the second line.

[because unlike you, salazar does not believe in the essential goodness of humanity] - if i had to sum up salazar leaving hogwarts, and the fight between godric and salazar in one sentence, that sentence would be the one i would use. because that is exactly what is wrong. salazar doesn't trust the muggles like godric does.

[whatever he many have felt, it was not enough to keep him here.] - there are lines, like this one, that makes me just hate you. because it causes me pain. also, "many" needs to be "may".

[you carry on. / because you must] - i really love the way that it ends.

this is just beautiful though. you captured godric and his pain over losing salazar just perfectly. and i love how godric can't seem to really blame salazar. that's just gorgeous.

thank you, love. it's gorgeous.
MissingMommy chapter 10 . 3/3/2014
I'm not sure how I managed not to review this chapter or the Godric/Salazar one. But I am here to rectify that.

This. I absolutely adore this. Andi is just so wonderful here. I love the fact that she is rational, and that she deliberates all possibilities before choosing. It makes sense for her because she's a Black; she doesn't do things out of impulse.

And I love that she kind of has to make the decision to be with Ted quickly or else her family will [take care of it for her]. It definitely seems like something that her parents would do.

[he is the sort of person she wants to be. They are not.] - I love this line. I love how she knows the difference between her family and Ted, and at the end of the day, she would rather be like Ted than like her family. It's a hard thing to decide, though.

[She does not know whether she loves him enough to leave them, but neither does she know whether she loves them enough to let him go] - this line. if i had to choose a favorite out of this one, it would be this line. because this is the essence of andi. she's stuck between a rock and a hard place, between her family and the person she loves. i can't even imagine having to be stuck there.

i love this, dear. as always. ily (also, i have no explanation why i caught an allergy to my capslock button halfway through this review.)
Jemennuie chapter 8 . 1/12/2014
So this was a really interesting characterization of Barty and Regulus's relationship, and one I haven't seen before. I really loved the line that started 'He picked Barty apart' and ended 'and yet it does'. (I can't seem to copy and paste lines from stories anymore, or else I'd quote the whole thing.) The idea that Regulus went to the cave as a sort of redemption for Barty is also really interesting. Just one quick constructive criticism: in Regulus's line 'and, God, he's just a kid', should it be an aside like 'Merlin' instead of God?
Jemennuie chapter 7 . 1/12/2014
Wow, the language in this is beautiful. At first I was a bit confused by the talk of enlisting before I realized it was an AU. When there was the line talking about how the Lestrange's father wouldn't do anything for free, I was expecting that to come into play later, but it didn't seem to (unless that's referencing how their father stopped protecting them?) I also really like the line "It is...disheartening" because it seems to be such a carefully calculated understatement that it really captured Rodolphus well.

Anyway, great job!
MissingMommy chapter 12 . 12/11/2013
I'm so sorry that this review is overdue. But I loved it. I love Molly/Arthur. I love their relationship and their love and commitment to one another.
But most of all, I love that they understand each other.

And this fic? This one shows exactly that. Arthur understands why Molly is upset, understands that she doesn't need lies to make her feel better.

[Bill is getting married. To a Fenchwoman.] - I love the inclusion of that. I love how it was specifically a "Frenchwoman". She wasn't upset that he was getting married, only that she wouldn't see him as much.

Molly's mother instincts are very lovely here too. It's one of my favorite characteristics of hers. It reminds me so much of my mother.

[your boys has lost and ear and that might not be the worst of it] - I just thought of Fred and then it hurt. And why would you do that?

But this was just lovely. Thank you, m'dear! :)
CatchingCraziness chapter 12 . 11/17/2013
Poor Molly. It's even worse reading this when I know she loses Fred. :)
yellow 14 chapter 12 . 11/17/2013