Reviews for Pretty Good Year
Spikesagitta chapter 8 . 3/9/2014
Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she get better soon.

Looking forward to see how Liara convince Samantha to stay.
Theodur chapter 8 . 3/9/2014
Well, that was seriously hot. :) Maybe Liara should be more direct in telling Samantha what she wants instead of heroically suffering in silence. Although I have no idea how Traynor can even leave after that!

Great chapter, and I'm sorry to hear about the difficult personal circumstances. My best wishes to you and your wife. :)
TheGreatness1 chapter 8 . 3/9/2014
Great new chapter, That sex scene was amazing
RED78910 chapter 8 . 3/8/2014
I wish your wife the best, and pray for a swift recovery for her.

I always love a bit of smut before bed. It's good to have you back. I feel for Liara. Military deployments have a pretty hard time on families. I'm sure they'll get through this though :)
OnyxTemplar chapter 7 . 2/18/2014
Beautifully done. Not at all similar to smut. A very romantic chapter start to finish.
Corentin IV chapter 7 . 1/14/2014
Apart from my abiding phobia of wet sand in private places, aah how wonderful and fluffety this chapter is! The memories are emotive, the splashes are splashy, the sexy bits are sexy, and... well. It reads like a romance fantasy. But the standout part for me, technique wise, are your descriptors. Thin fingered sun; like describing a movie to someone deaf and blind: they're exquisite because they put us in the picture, without jarring POV, and prime US for the specialness and the beauty of the piece. Bravo! Can't wait for more!

Hmmm, makes me wonder where I'd set my perfect Liara/Traynor scene *sigh*...
TheGreatness1 chapter 7 . 1/14/2014
Glad to see another chapter, you have written their relationship so sweetly, and i can definitely see the bond and emotions between them you described so excellently
RED78910 chapter 7 . 1/14/2014
Well done. An entire chapter of fluff and...other stuff...is just what I need in the morning. The melding scene was well done, showing memories and even different perspectives from their points of view. I'm glad Sam and Liara got what they deserved: someone who loves them. Keep it up!
Theodur chapter 7 . 1/14/2014
Oooh, first meld, important stuff! Yeah, I'm pretty sure something has been pent up within Liara, I mean, most normal maidens would have gotten this thing out of the way WAY earlier. Sam got hit with something pretty epic and special, that's for sure. :) Very nice job with that.

Heh, I don't know why, but when their thoughts turned to Shepard briefly, all I wanted to do was to point and laugh at her. :P Somehow you've made Samantha and Liara perfect for each other even more than I find Holly and Liara in your other story... not sure why. There's just this adorable puppy love element about them here.

Anyway, great stuff. :)
Spikesagitta chapter 7 . 1/14/2014
How did they not drown lol? Wouldn't the tide rise up towards the night? Or was it the other way around? Oh well doesn't matter, they got laid ;)
Sun-Tsu Toriden chapter 7 . 1/13/2014
You've been making us wait for this for a long time, and it certainly was worth it.

The great thing about the asari is that instead of the metaphorical ground-shaking happening inside one mind while the body is otherwise indisposed, this is something that can be shared, and so much more besides.

I really did enjoy the way you just had them find the Moment. Sometimes it does come, sometimes it doesn't, but it's just a moment of perfect clarity when it comes between two people. I also enjoyed as they explored each other's minds and memories for the first time and experiencing them one as the other. That and the passionate beach sex, that's a given.

On the subject of beach sex though, be careful! I know it sounds wonderful and fun, but more often than not the sand getting EVERYWHERE is far too steep a price to pay for momentary enjoyment. Just remember Liara if you take her to Virmire: "I don't know which is worse, the geth or the sand in my... never mind!"

Also, there needs to be more sex toys in future chapters. I know this was a spur of the moment thing, but I really would like to see how adorable and flustered Liara gets around sex toys, and who (if either) would wear a strapon, or if they would use more equal toys.

All in all, another fantastic chapter, and I hope that you feel up to writing and posting more in the near future!
Grace Kay chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Love this! Maybe sometimes we're more open to things when our hearts are broken. Like, we're more accepting of another's affection with our feelings so close to the surface. Or maybe I'm like Sam and am reading too much into it. ;)

At any rate, Traynor is, like, my fucking favorite, and I'm so glad this gem has been added to the small fandom of Samantha Traynor. :)
SpecH82T chapter 6 . 11/27/2013
Usually I don't read Liara fics, but this one coughed my eyes, probably because Traynors in it! Anyway, its really good :)
Corentin IV chapter 6 . 11/27/2013
This is not the droid you're looking for... :D

As you know, I really enjoyed this chapter for the clues and insights into the workings of asari society and families, as much (if not more) than the sheer lovey-dovey ness of our two protagonists. I loved how in a situation where the youngest person was five times her age and the eldest could have been forty times her age Sam keeps her cool. The way you construct both Jettice and Zetrexa was excellent. And yes, canonically Liara does say she's an only child, but when your mother is as old as the Black Death and your oldest sister as old as Elizabeth I, then there's scope for some creativity there, particularly if there have been several centuries of estrangement :) It was great to see a novel side of Liara, fulfilling the youngest child role of peacemaker in the family.

And you do like to tease, Hugo! Come on! Meld meld meld meld meld meld... ok should I stop now? i should stop.

And thanks for reminding me about Hanukkah - I might have gotten into trouble otherwise! :)
Theodur chapter 6 . 11/27/2013
Well, these two continue to be stupendously sweet together. :) Could have done with some sexy times, but I guess I'll just have to wait. (insert dramatic sigh)

It's kinda funny, but I just have this deeply ingrained feeling about Liara being the only child from Benezia's side. I'm not sure, but it's just the feeling I got. And I suppose I thought that it would have come up in the conversations, because Ashley certainly never shuts up about her sisters, for example. But hey, it's an interesting what if scenario, in any case. The sisters were certainly... interesting. I wouldn't think any of them to start killing off the others for inheritance, but you never know. Zetrexa seems like the obvious bitch, but... who knows, maybe first appearances are deceiving and there's more to her than seems.

I found it a bit funny when Jettice said that Liara had been Benezia's favorite. Considering how estranged they became, I wonder what she did with her other daughters. Heh, maybe twenty lashes with barbed whip every morning? :D

Oh well, I'm sure Aethyta will sort out anyone who dares to start any trouble. ;) Excellent chapter!
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »