Reviews for Hand Me Down
XxYesterdayTodayTomorrowxX chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
It took me about five minutes to collect myself and write this review. I believe I just sobbed throughout the entire thing. And then a good three minutes more after I was done. And two minutes of lying around in utter emptiness.

This was just so powerful and so filled with emotion that it was practically overflowing out of my screen. I think this is the first fic that has made me cry this hard in a long while. You did an amazing job! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Mimi chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
You captured a tender mother son moment so beautifully. I could feel Matthew's love embracing both of them. A brilliantly executed full circle moment. I loved each and very word of this. Thank you for sharing!
Corelli Sonatas chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This is a wonderful story. Your beautiful writing portrays Sybbie, George, and Mary just as they would speak and act on the television series. It was a pleasure to read this; thank you!
hilararoula chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
that was very sad and beautiful!
Lifewithcourtneyy chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
I'm actually pretty certain I cried through this entire fic. Absolutely brilliant.
juicyjools chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
So beautiful and so sad...
i like how Mary never forgets Matthew even though she is marrying again and George will always be their bond.
I miss Matthew a lot and it is so wonderful that you writers are keeping him alive.
c3lia chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
oh... this was such a sad, but also beautiful story :) well done!
Readwriter3 chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Well, I'm bawling now, than you very much. Beautifully written, you evoke the characters very well.
Karla chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
*tears up*

Beautifully written:')
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Aghhhh this was painful to read again... but so, so touching, I adore it. I love your little George, that he plays with Sybbie, I love how he and Mary are together. It's a little thing, but the thought of Matthew's dressing room, still as it was and undisturbed... Absolutely chilling, but in a very, very touching way. I adored George discovering it. And the inscription in the book, waaaaahhhhhh! Oh Mary :'( :'(

So beautifully handled, and I'm so glad there's light here for Mary's future, and their little prince... Even if it breaks my heart! Wonderfully done, my dear :)
Ultrahotpink chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Just read this. It was so sweet, but also so heartbreaking. A very emotional piece. Lovely job!
jmar chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I just love your story. It reads like canon to me (although it will be a bit before we really see what JF has in store for us!). Mary's anger, her suffering, her (eventual) love for George & of course love for Matthew. It isn't a story any of us would have wanted for M&M, but it has been thrust upon us & I guess we must 'carry on'. Your hint at a wedding was just enough & not too much, so for that I'm thankful - because I'm just not yet ready for Mary to move on.
GenuineRisk chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Very sweet. I can just imagine it. 3
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Sigh. I'm not going to be able to handle S4... Thank you for this. I really liked your George.
ohtasha chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Emily, I've honestly got tears streaming down my cheeks, and I think that's the best review I can give you x