Reviews for Born Anew
DUDe chapter 5 . 3/21
Dude you think there is a chance this
continues ?
tylermech66 chapter 5 . 3/1
update this, NOW!
please?
With sugar and cherries and shtuff?!
tylermech66 chapter 2 . 3/1
I think you should have Orpheus introduce Oscar to the glory of handheld music.
headbanging knight muahahahhahahha
Thero the chosen chapter 5 . 2/25
This is really good, it has a nice plot keep it up. When is the next chapter coming? And could you incorporate thero the great pyromancer into your story. ( can control two hollows at once and Uses great fireball and fire whip)
KnighteyNighteyKnight chapter 5 . 2/22
As a ongoing dark soul player and writer novice, I gotta say this story is very interesting indeed. Too bad the OCs have been selected, but I will keep reading this.
Bah, how to say that...

I have to admit, I didn't expected much from this story, but I read the damn thing, and, it's not bad at all !
You know his lightning power thingy ? I like it. Normally, it would make a character into a Mary-Sue, but not in this case, I believe that... it is what a power of a character is supposed to be a power, not a power that is here for the lulz. You see what I mean ?
I rather like the friendship he have with Oscar, I thought I would dislike that , but, no, I actually love it !

Now the bad things, because it's what everybody cares about.
First the OCs... No. just no. You already have your hand full with the self insert and the full cast of Dark Souls, you don't need some poorly named OC that no one cares about and that have nothing to do here. no offense to the one who created them, but it's true.

Another thing that annoys me a lot, Orpheus, great name by the way, finished the game, multiple time, NG7, no shield, etc... that when my suspension of disbelied started to get buttraped.
He is supposed to have spend hundreds of hours in Dark Souls, and yet, it doesn't seems like he even theorized about the lore of the game, as the demons being here to guard things is pretty much common knowledge, the kind of think I expect Orpheus to knows about. I also expect a normal DS player to know that every bit of informations to be taken cautiously, as I expect him to theorize about it.
There's also that Dragon that fusrodah him out the brigde that just feel strange. Seriously, Orpheus didn't think it was a good idea to run away, know that the dragon is gameplay-wise almost invinsible ? Or to say 'Hey, maybe we could go UNDER the bridge, instead of going there' ? Or doing some internet research about it ?

Though I do believe that his temper and his dislike for religion actually make him appealing, his lack of savvyness and general stupidity just buttrape my suspension of disbelief, it's not only bad, but it's dump as it's the kind of things as SI must have to be even interesting in the first place.

Gee, that got to be the first time I ever think that the temper of a character is endearing. Guys, if you do a self insert, don't do that, chances is that you will never succeed in making it appealing at all.

Another things that annoys me, he think that he can actually come back to his world. What.
I know it's a thing that a lot of people do in SI, but no. It's not going to happen, if you write a character that actually actually think that, in the best case, he will look dumb, in the worst, he will looks crazy. Pick you poison.

I really liked that Havel scene actually, which is a nice transition to another thing I don't like, the emotions. Again, something that is common in self insert, the things is... they seems fake. That and I just don't care, maybe that's just me, but here.
Orpheus cry for what exactly here ? For Havel ? He doesn't know Havel, there is nothing to cry about.

So yeah, here it is. I'll keep my eyes on this
DeathDemonWolf chapter 4 . 2/17
Interesting story
Solux chapter 5 . 2/17
"Yeah, I have thing about beards. Manly as fuck..." Hmm.

*strokes beard* You have gained more of my respect...

So Orph is using a Claymore. Nice.
Nice Naruto reference by the way.

I thought he was going for a khamayamaya!

*turns to Ryder* you see that great lightning? You can't do that.

Ryder: surely I should have inbuilt soul magic or pyromancy? Due to being related to a dragon?

That's not for us to decide. Besides who said you would be good at it?

Ryder: I repeat the phrase "related to a dragon"

...
Solux chapter 4 . 2/14
Just to clear this up, I am GoneAwaySeeYouNeverAgain. I made a new account due to trouble with the last one. And I am thoroughly happy with Ryder and hope to see more of him, Arthus, Orpheus and the rest of the crew kicking ass!
P.S what kind of helmet is Ryder wearing?
The Key to the Twilight Soul chapter 4 . 12/15/2014
Nice short chapter! Breaking Benjamin felt a little out of place to be honest. I like how your going off the beaten path with this story but keeping the timeline of events intact.
Trying to Put Pen to Paper chapter 3 . 5/17/2014
Not bad. Maybe a little more descriptions for the journey's and the Bosses themselves. But overall pretty good. I do want to see something happen between Queelang and Orph.

And make sure to play on the Fire Keeper in Firelink Shrine though. She could be a grate means of involving the reader in your story. Make us feel what Orph feels.
XGC RagnaTBE chapter 3 . 2/20/2014
Hey great chapter! I always thought that a lot of Souls players give the Taurus demon little credit. Hes a boss that takes a lot of new players by surprise and is a scary mofo so I really enjoyed the portrayal of him. Also loved the little no death run joke lol i flinch at soul lvl 1 runs XD. Im wondering if we will see Solarie join the party temporarily? Best party is the Sun Bro party :) Also is my man Orpheus going to learn the origin of his powers over time or quickly? Does it have anything to do with the gods? or mabye something sinister?...Also last question are you gonna tackle the dlc? Would love to see some abyss! Keep writing good sir!
The Key to the Twilight Soul chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
YEEEEEAAAAAH! Sunbro for the win! \[T]/ *
I'm so glad your back! I looooove your fic! XD I just hope you like mine. :P
00cLosetFreak00 chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
Is he only going to be able to use lightning? Also, 0 faith, hilarious, seriously. Hope he figures out how to level up. I have high hopes for this story.
00cLosetFreak00 chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
He is a bit aggresive if not to the point of being bipolar really. You should calm down on that.