Reviews for Heart of the Matter
spikealicious chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
I just found this tonight and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it! Know what? Beneath You turned me into a writer, because I was so upset with Buffy just leaving Spike there on the cross. So, the answer to that, became my first story. It was nice to run across another one that answered what was so erroneously left out by Joss.
Very, very satisfying.
fastpilot chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
No idea where the show will go, but yes, each needs to be forgiven. Appreciated this a lot.
Omm chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Fantastic work. I liked the fact you gave the readers insight into what both Buffy and Spike were thinking and the touches to Afterlife were brilliant.
Vegas chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
I've been waiting to see "Beneath You" before I read this fic. I'm glad you wrote it, because after 7.2 I felt unfinished and disquieted. Even if your fic is not a part of the actual Buffyverse, I have a nice, complete, sort of feeling now after reading it. By the way, I read the entire Peacemaker series over the past two days. I couldn't stop save for school and work. I was up until 5am last night! Obviously, I'm a fan. It's a beautiful, creative, and intricate tale. Brilliant, the way you pull all the little ends together. And the difference in the level of your writing from the first tale to the fourth is truly astounding. It's as if it was written by an entirely different person. It's like watching the depth and skill of a great musician's music evolve from album to album. By the fourth I was completely involved in the world you created. I even had this burning desire to buy vanilla-scented lotion today! Which reminds me how much I loved how you described Drusilla as smelling of opium, rose petals, and blood. Such an amazingly strong image! I'm just skimming the surface. There is just too much for me to tackle. And wasn't I supposed to be reviewing "Heart of the Matter?" Ha ha. Anyway, keep up the stellar work and nice use of Don Henley. Very appropriate.

Vegas
HobbitGirl814 chapter 1 . 9/24/2002
this is so sweet. I love it.

God Bless,

Sam
Beautiful Wednesday chapter 1 . 9/23/2002
I sincerely hope Joss's future for these characters is as real and hopeful (if I dare say it) as yours. Your depiction of life's compexities is touching and real, as always, and I thoroughly look forward to Book Five. Thank you!
Vaya chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
It takes a lot to rentch at this frozen elvin heart. Very good.
sali chapter 1 . 9/12/2002
Wonderful,just
Jadxia78 chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
This is really great. Wow. You've really got a talent for bringing out the characters and making them real. There's enough well-portrayed pain for it to be the work of M.E.

Great job!
Chrissymb chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Oh wow! Truly beautiful. Gah...the episode will be a let down now.
sable chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
HAVE U LOST UR FREAKING MINE!

U CAN"T STOP A GREAT STORY LIKE THIS HERE!

PLEASE,PLEASE WRITE MORE PLEASE!
Rachel9 chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Awww, that was SOOO good! Sigh, if only the episode would go like that (I doubt it will) Amazing work, love the POV thoughts and everything. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with next, especially book 5!
Lynn25 chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
You presented all the conflicting emotions very, very well, and showed that despite those conflicting emotions, Buffy was able to do the right thing, and Spike was able to allow her to. Very well done.
Joan the Vampire Slayer chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Beautifully done, Nim. :D

Some things, you just... forgive. You don't "earn" it - You just get it, or don't. but it is wonderfully healing for both parties when you do. {wide smile}

Again, I loved this. Good job. :D
pjzallday chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Rivetting! I found myself reading ever faster to match what I imagined was the pace of their thoughts. (Joss and the M.E. gang have got an uphill battle to match this!)