Reviews for Sweet Metamorphosis
MoonShadow396 chapter 51 . 1/8
Yes! I've always been curious about how an Aragorn/OC story would turn out and this is a great answer to my thoughts. I love the slow build romance between the two and I'm looking forward to seeing how you wrap up the story now.
moonlight.conspiracy.theory chapter 51 . 1/7
pleaaaaaaaaaase don't just leave me hanging like this I've devoured this story only to realized it's been a year! Come back and update, for the sake of my sanity!
Light on the Horizon chapter 51 . 12/1/2016
Great story!
gracie.aubrey chapter 51 . 11/23/2016
Best Story EVER! SEQUEL!
funwithstark chapter 51 . 10/18/2016
i thought you said you already finished writing the nxt chapter? its been a year.
nzOptimist chapter 51 . 9/21/2016
Surely an update is long overdue!
Padma The Q chapter 51 . 4/10/2016
I don't think I've actually sent a review for this story yet (something I must heartily apologize for because I've been following it for quite a long time)
There are hardly enough Aragorn/OC fics in the world, and even fewer that are of this quality and length (and point of near completion as far as the trilogy goes) Your story holds a place as one of a very small number of fics that I would take the time to reread all fifty chapters of after having already finished it. Off hand including this one I can only think of three others in fact and I've been lurking around the archives for almost a decade now.
Thank you, for giving us a satisfying slow-burn Aragorn fic that we can find believable and entertaining. Also for putting the effort into Danielle to make us care about her (and making us want to be her whenever she's around Aragorn)
You also didn't get tunnel vision with Aragorn as a character and put forth the effort to build realistic relationships between Danielle and the people around her both in the Fellowship and with your own original background characters. That alone adds a great deal to her character and the depth I felt from the story.
I can understand why there are so few good Aragorn/OC fics, he can be difficult to grasp and I still have trouble getting him the way I want him in my own writing at times. But you should know that at times when I'm having a rough time grasping his interactions with my own OC in my stories, that I'll often come back and read some chapters of Sweet Metamorphosis to help inspire me again. In fact the first time I started reading your story it helped push me to get back into my lotr stories I'd been avoiding partially because I was having trouble getting Aragorn the way I wanted him.
So maybe back to some specifics about the story that I loved now that I've rambled on a bit hm?
Your starting point was original and well placed, (I believe it may have been used once or twice before from my findings but in terms of fic, that is original lol) her striving to learn and often failing made her eventual triumphs believable and noteworthy.
I liked her attachment to the small trinkets she had from home, I feel like I'd be the same about my own possessions if I'd been put in her position and it helped me connect with her.
I also enjoyed the way you left the affirmation about Aragorn's feelings for her until almost midway through RotK and then split them up so in reading Danielle's time without him, up to and during the battle at Pelennor, we felt her distance from him and hoped for their future. It made them reuniting in the House of Healing one of my favorite updates :)
I'm sure there's plenty more I'm forgetting (it's been awhile since I've read the entire work from start to finish unfortunately, adulting is time consuming lol) but keep up the good work and I hope to see more of Danielle soon! I'll be excited to read any extra tidbits you decide to give us and I'll be hanging on Aragorn's every word and action for my own enjoyment of course, and inspiration.
From one Aragorn fangirl to another thank you so much, and good work!
yellowroseofthenw chapter 51 . 3/21/2016
your story is one that I come back to time and time again. Just to re-read it, and to find it closer to the end. I love it that much. sad that the final chapter isn't there though. But looking forward to when it is. keep up your amazing writing.
RebornRose1992 chapter 51 . 3/19/2016
beautiful story! !
Lunar678 chapter 51 . 3/8/2016
I Hope you update on this soon. I've missed this story much.
cakechromosome chapter 50 . 1/24/2016
Love your story! Read it all in a day haha. I think the way the characters talk is really believable which is awesome. Don't know how you can get your vocabulary into that sort of mind frame/time frame but it's amazing! Aragorns character (IMO) is sooo spot on as well. Totez heart him. Keep up the good work
CaroX chapter 51 . 1/7/2016
Please post your the last chapter quickly! I've been waiting quite a while for this. Love the story, btw. And the idea of making a little story of their lives together! That will be something to look forward to.
Skendo chapter 51 . 1/6/2016
Please post the next chapter :) please please please! It sounds like you've already somewhat written it :D
Guest chapter 51 . 12/7/2015
Please update soon. And I also want to see their life after this.
Vanadesse Sadroniel chapter 51 . 12/6/2015
I love this! Please update soon