Reviews for The King's Favorite
*slow clap gradually turns into thunderous applause*
Peebie-jay McJellyswirl chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Wow. I think this is my favorite story of yours (though I've not read them all yet). Its funny, 'cause I loved King Candy as a character, and seeing him come to life in your writing is such a thrill to me. I'm not even kidding when I say that visualizing him through your descriptions makes me laugh and smile just as I did while watching him on the big screen. He's such a funny fellow, hoo hoo!
Miratete chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
This is a beautifully well-written story that has so much delicious detail and is very convincing of the two characters involved. I love reading Taffyta's thought processes and watching her fumble for the right things to say when face-to-face with her idol. The attention to the scenery around the actors (gorgeous!) and the noting of small, normally overlooked actions (such as Taffyta's lollipops) makes it live. All of the senses are involved. This story goes onto my favorites list.
Windsett chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
That was really well written and really good!

Even though I don't seriously think King Candy ever *truly* liked any of the racers, I do think he genuinely respected Taffyta to an extent - not a large extent, but he appreciated her racing skills. KC would want a decent competitor to race against to keep his own skills sharp, but not one that beat him all the time or who posed a threat to his rule. Taffyta would love the attention and apparant favouritism from KC, and would be manipulated into being what KC wanted while still being happy.
crankyman7 chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Well, well, well...once again, I'm deeply impressed. Turbo was such a manipulative jerk that I can absolutely buy his being "friendly" with Taffyta, especially since his kindness is he himself lies at the center of his own kindness. Maybe it's even genuine. We know Turbo loved attention, and since he was always all about ensuring he received what he saw as his due attention, any situation that fed his narcissism [such as the one you've written here], he would probably revel in. Adore Turbo and you're on his good side- ignore him and he hates you. That sort of thing.

What I'm trying to say is that, as with the equally excellent "One Game at a Time", everyone is completely in character here, and any details you had to speculate about can be combined with what we know about the characters from the movie with no difficulty at all.

I won't demand that you write more Wreck-It-Ralph fics- that would be rude of me. But I will say this: if you choose to explore this fandom again, here's one reader who'll be delighted to read your efforts.
ERiN OPPEL chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Yay, I'm not the only one who writes friendship fluff fics of these two!

This was a really sweet story, and you wrote it excellently. I liked how clumsy Taffyta was in front of KC. Their interaction was very believable; I can totally see this scene happening. Nice descriptions, too (like how you also used the Kool-Aid sea idea XD).

Great job, all around. )
kairi's friend chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Awesome story! :D It's so cute seeing the friendship between the two! Go Taffyta and Candy! Any more one-shots of these two?
Triple X chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Are u gonna make another chapter? Plz do
m chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
genial! j'adore king candy ! merci
Ryan Stoppable chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Nice job on this one.
Dixie Darlin chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
awww that was really sweet. Even though Taffy/KC friendship isn't my personal headcanon for them (I don't think he liked ANY of them), this was cute.