Reviews for A Fallen Compatriot
Noxy the Proxy chapter 21 . 12/12/2014
Well then, that's a interesting turn of events. I had fun reading this story.
wafflebunny804 chapter 21 . 9/21/2014
I'm seriously debating whether to favorite this or not since the epilogue pissed me off so much, but the rest was so good.
I know, it had to be done...the Ring has no mercy...
But I think I much prefer them all dying as heroes than the terrifying ending here...
Hey, you wrote what you thought shoul have happened though without giving a damn as to how the readers would react though! Respect!
Shit. That ending though.
Great job, I am in awe right now, and I understand that the scary epilogue is what would have logically happened :)
Now I'm going to go on Tumblr and just stare at Fili to reassure myself that he isn't some creepy...Gollum thing...
Anna chapter 21 . 7/5/2014
Wow, didn't see that coming! Harsh! :(. But in my opinion, an author who has the ability to make one feel emotion so strongly (even if it is deep sadness or extreme despair.) is a good author. It just seemed a bit sudden!
Dreamer1218 chapter 21 . 7/5/2014
You know what, I'm kinda sad too. :p

I was really hoping this wouldn't be a heartbreaker. I should have known better from the author's notes.

I truly think I may cry over this ending.

Tragic ending aside, this was a great story. *adding to favorites*
TMI Fairy chapter 21 . 7/5/2014
Very interesting ending.
Original - bravo!
An here I thought that it was just me killing (canon) characters right and left :)
TMI Fairy chapter 11 . 7/5/2014
Stubborn little buggers, aren't they?
TMI Fairy chapter 10 . 7/5/2014
Yay for the snot info!
You really are making him feel like dirt - what next- while he shit himself?
LOL!
TMI Fairy chapter 8 . 7/5/2014
I like the disowning.
jaymzNshed chapter 21 . 7/4/2014
... That was literally the most terrible-ist and really quite sad ending I have ever read! (No offense... its just it really was quite terrible... :( ... )
I'll admit that I was not expecting that kind of ending at all...
Overall, this was a really good story and I enjoyed reading it! (except for the epilogue...)
Thank you for the story! :D
TMI Fairy chapter 6 . 7/4/2014
Creative license is one thing, and peeing all over canon another. Don't use it as an excuse for ignorance and laziness.
I'm talking about Arwen's age - both absolute and elative - as you had presented.
Audrey Spirit chapter 20 . 7/3/2014
YES! I was looking forward sooo much for this chapter! I love how the story is going on! Please post next one soon, I can't wait to read how it all turns out!
jaymzNshed chapter 20 . 7/2/2014
Great chapter! :)
Celebrisilweth chapter 20 . 7/2/2014
So sad for poor Fili. Glad he made his resolution, but we know that if he doesn't take some action, he will never fulfill it...and the cost will be too high.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/2/2014
I like this story, but I feel like the actual story does not live up to the description at all. Yes, Fili blamed Bilbo - briefly. But that wasn't at all the point, because out of twenty chapters, he mentions anger at Bilbo twice. The rest of it is really about Fili himself struggling to deal with circumstances and emotions. Which is a good enough story on its own.

Were you working from a prompt? I'm just curious at why the description makes it sound like it's going to be a long angsty story where Fili and Bilbo are the focus characters struggling to understand each other, when that is not at all what this is.

I liked this, like I said, but I would actually be more interested in reading an actual story that fits the summary. I don't feel like that's at all what I got reading this.
GregsMadHatter chapter 19 . 5/30/2014
:( So sad but Fili being king! I can't wait!