Reviews for I'll Make A Gentleman Out Of You
Razell chapter 1 . 10/5
Oh, this was just perfect!

Here we see the Wild Scout outside of his natural environment, attempting to blend in with a school of wealthy, cultured, high-society snobs. As expected, the results are violent, but entertaining.

'I should give you detention for that.' Miss Pauling said.
'You could spank me.' Scout said.
; )

'This is no mere fork! These utensils have been infiltrated!' You can't trust anything these days. Even the silverware is working with the enemy.

Scout going silent with shock when he learned he would be Miss. Pauling's dance partner... Cute. And impressive, as his teammates noted, Miss. Pauling is possibly the only thing on earth, (other than his Ma), who can make Scout shut up.

When Sniper was cutting the line they were clinging to, I wondered for a moment what he was doing... But they survived. It was sweet how Miss. Pauling wouldn't let Scout fall. He's fallen for her, of course, but I mean literally fall.

The 'hide behind the curtain and pretend to be canoodling lovers act' worked out pretty well.

Scout pretty much tearing up the room trying to find his bonus gift seemed so in character. Like a kid on Christmas morning.

I forgot that TF2 is set so far in the past, I kept expecting a 'Private Dancer' innuendo. Scout has the amazing ability to turn what should be obnoxious sexual harassment into sweet, adorkable charm. Part of it's his total sincerity, and the fact that that's how he is. He's not all polished, fancy and sophisticated. He's a tough, uneducated kid from a bad neighborhood and a rough environment. He knows he's not a silver-tongued dandy like Spy, but he tries his best.

'If you wanna' hit me, you're allowed. Just not the face. And not the nads.' Love is beautiful.

I shudder to think of Demoman at a formal party, with or without his beloved scrumpy.

Is Medic/Heavy canon? In 'End of the Line' it seemed pretty obvious, but I could be wrong.

'First a dance partner, then the world!'

Just like Bonnie and Clyde, except for the whole 'dying' thing. Yay for Respawn!
BlackStormReborn chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
Very Very Much :)
Tsutaru chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Loved it! I really appreciated how cocky Scout is. So many people neglect that.
Sesquipedalia chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Ah, yes. I am very well acquainted with deadly neurotoxin, whether it goes by that name in this universe or not.

The action scene was a little hard to follow. I admit to getting lost throughout most of it, though I'm sure it's cool in your head, and you forgot italics.

Criticisms aside, I really liked it. Scout remained in character even during the romantic scenes, for better or for worse, and that's not something many writers can claim. The problem is mainly that, while Scout can be endearing, he can be a bit of a jerk, and many writers forget about that. You weren't afraid to let him be that, and even though it's a little overdone in places, it still provides that flair his character needs.
Erica chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Jesus fucking Christ I've read three of your S/P fics so far. Oh my god. They're so cute! I love how you actually make the characters canon; as in, you don't make tehm stray from their already given personalities. So awesome, will be reading the rest.
Deslock chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Good job, I read the whole thing with a smile on my face. The Scout's character was hit on the head and the little snippets we see of the others was just as entertaining.
The way you write Scout and Miss Pauling is exactly how I picture them, very believable.
A couple of lines that made me snicker -
"You should give him a minute to let the blood go back to his brain, lassie," Demoman said.
and
Because it felt wrong to leave Pyro out, even if he hadn't technically been there, there was a small colored ball that lighted up.
Love it.
They ending was great too, not too much and not too little. Thoroughly enjoyed the read, so thank you.
RedTangerineMedic chapter 1 . 8/20/2013