Reviews for Slow Start
drunkdragon chapter 8 . 1/26/2015
Yes! There is more! I was really happy to see this get updated, as I forgot that such an enjoyable story was around.

One concern of mine is that while the story is riveting and enjoyable, I feel like we're pacing a little slower than what I'd like to see in terms of plot. But that might just be the curse of fanfiction in that the chapters are updated by piecemeal instead of having everything available immediately - the pacing in everything seems slow.

Still, hopefully you're able to update soon! I am eager to see more of the dynamics between Gaius and Maribelle.
drunkdragon chapter 7 . 10/6/2014
Aww, I was hoping for some more interactions between Gaius and Maribelle, but I'm more happy to see this story updated! I am unsure how to feel about seeing Olivia there, but I shall wait patiently for whatever developments may come!
utdfan22 chapter 7 . 10/6/2014
Good to see this story moving again. While kind of a slow chapter, it set up Gaius returning to a normal life and his stable relationships with the people around him. Very good, if a little light.
PlegianAlterCake chapter 5 . 5/2/2014
This chapter was nice I am quite enjoying Gaius' s development and his budding relationships with tge other character. This was awesomely writen as usual, and I thank you whole-heartedly for the fantastic tale!
PlegianAlterCake chapter 4 . 1/23/2014
Yes! Finally you updated! You wrote thid battle very well. I see Lon'qu might be starting to trust Gaius. I really liked how you wrote Olivia also.

Thanks for the chapter
PlegianAlterCake chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
Yes! You're back! This was a great chapter I abdolutly loved how you handled all the emotion, it was easy for me to feel what was going on. I also loved how you wrote Lissa cheering him up, it was cute! I also loved the banter with Lon'qu and their forced handshake XP

Thanks for the update!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
Aha! Another update! You might say you're off to a...Slow Start.
utdfan22 chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
I really enjoy the way you're weaving all of Gaius' various relationships around the central struggle for redemption. It serves to liven up the affair and keep the reader's attention throughout. Gaius comes off as his slightly weaselly but lovable self and the other characters are all in-character, just how Gaius would perceive them rather than a purely objective look. Nice.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/19/2013
Please update soon, this tale is amazing. I must know what will h appen next! You writing is very clear and discriptive snd an enjoyment to read. Thanks for what you've done so far!
selenia-sopheria chapter 2 . 8/31/2013
I really like the interaction between Gaius and Lon'qu in this! And echoing Goku's Donut's words, I also see them as particularly close friends. Your characterization is top-notch, too.
PlegianAlterCake chapter 2 . 8/25/2013
And the awesomeness continues! I like how you have expertly woven in many other chsracters to make a finely writen tale. poor Gaius is not having the best of days :'( I hope things get better for him.

Thanks for the update!
nneefa chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
Oh me, oh my! Why doesn't this have more reviews?!

I admit to favoring and alerting this (but that was because I wanted to come back and read it a bunch of times before leaving a review, otherwise I'd forget, hehe), but holy cheese, this deserves more reviews! This is EXTREMELY well-written! I dunno if this is a Maribelle/Gaius story (if it is, that's a total bonus, because I paired them in my first playthrough and they completely grew on me), but goodness...

I never thought Gaius would go to Robin (or anyone, really) for help in regards to his problem. I do, however, think it's completely in character for him not to reveal the details behind his "Road to Forgiveness." I love, love, LOVE how you threw in Lon'qu! Personally, I can see Lon'qu and Gaius as close friends - or about as close as Lon'qu is ever willing to get, since he seems like the type to diss friendship (but with a wifey like Lissa - not that you're pairing them up - who knows what he's capable of, lmao) - and I look forward to seeing how you handle their little training sessions. Haha, you even threw in Gaius' nickname for Lon'qu from the Summer Scramble DLC! XD

I'm just rambling, honestly. I can't organize this review for absolutely nothing, but man, I can not WAIT for an update, especially since your chapters are long! Good luck !
PlegianAlterCake chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
This is pretty awesome so far! I am expectantly awating more of your brilliant work! You have characterised everyone pretty amazingly, I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Basikilos chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Yes! Cute! I love Maribelle x Gaius, and Gaius's attitude towards getting advice from Robin was awesome :) Well done.