Reviews for Shades of Gray
Palindrome310 chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
I wanted to read about Matthew and Mary and I knew your work will be a sure place of excellent fic. I was suprised that I hadn't read this on FF, I remember I love it when you posted it on tumblr but didn't recognise it by the title. It's so beautiful, it shows a mature and happy relationship of companionship. Love the details of the glasses, cream, the reference to their children. It really transmits the feeling of warmth and soothing intimacy built on trust and time. I found that few writers express and portrayed the later stages, you show us a relationship, not only falling in love or getting together with interest and mastery.
DetectiveMinerva chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I've read this story several times and I never cease to be enchanted by it. It's a beautiful glance into what might have been between Mary and Matthew had he not died. I've always imagined that their marriage would have been very much like Robert and Cora's - loving, intimate, and strong, and that is precisely how you've portrayed them in this lovely little ficlet. I've never seen anybody capture Mary and Matthew better than you. Keep up the great work!
jmu chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Realized today that I hadn't commented on this wonderful, sensual, sexy, sweet vignette. How I wish it was canon for Matthew and Mary! How lucky for the fandom that talents like you are out there to provide us with such lovely alternate course. Thank you!
boojummed chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Aww this is lovely! I can't stop smiling. I love the idea of older Mary and Matthew so comfortable and happy, and of course still as in love as ever :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
You are a beautiful writer. Love your au stories where these 2 are still together.
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I have no words, this is so beautiful 3
Apollo888 chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Very inspiring to know there is still room for angst free, death free lovely one shots of M/M life together. Well done.
luvgoround chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Lovely - just lovely. Love all this romantic, intimate and tender love between Mary and Matthew.
i-can-if-i-want-to chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
When I read the title 'Shades of Gray', I thought: now that's gonna be something and started chuckling. And then I reached the line "she frowned at strands of gray". My smile faltered and I snorted: 'This is it? You can't be serious, Lala! It is rated T, isn't it?!' I was a bit disappointed... But then I went on reading and my smile came back onto my face, including the giggle ;D I love the commanding Lady Mary and how Matthew is ever the obliging husband! D
I'd love to have seen the old, white-haired Lord and Countess of Downton! Aww, and Matthew wearing glasses...
Oh dear, my imagination takes me away... P