Reviews for The Nature of Belief
LavaLilly chapter 11 . 7/19
My face hurts from the amount of love I feel from this
clumsymythicalowl chapter 5 . 1/20
I congratulate you on your ability to make this story twice as heartbreaking and sad as the movie with less reprieve for Jack. It seems to be your talent.
clumsymythicalowl chapter 2 . 1/20
Jack Frost IS real, North. It hurts him that only Baby Tooth can see, and interact with, him because she is the only one who believes he exists other than Manny and Jack himself.
He stays firmly on the naughty list now because he has no reason to try to please anyone when even the myths/spirits themselves don't believe in him. It kills him inside when he feels another myth/sprite/spirit walk through him (physically, mentally and emotionally). And no one can help him except Manny, who doesn't do much but not answer Jack and be cryptic.
clumsymythicalowl chapter 1 . 1/20
At least Baby Tooth believes in Jack Frost. Such a sweetheart.
clumsymythicalowl chapter 1 . 1/20
Oh no. This is even more heartbreaking than the movie. Even the spirits don't believe he exists. Not cool Manny. And the detail where the Guardians couldn't see the new Guardian even in the crystal? That just broke my heart even further. Poor Jack.
doraemax chapter 11 . 12/21/2020
aww...you make me cry.

i felt you ruin it a bit with the romantic wishes, cause that was a little bit too 'adult' for little ol' Jack. Too specific desire...that borne of adult-self-awareness. I think making him unaware of his gender-specific 'wanting' is better. an innocent love. huhuhu. That bit on romance reading was ok, though.

speaking of, Bookwyrm. Epic idea! more of that spirit, please...
1Dturtle chapter 10 . 9/27/2020
I absolutely LOVE Bookworm! the lil guy sounds so precious!

Also, I just wanted to say that this fic has had me tearing up more times than I’d prefer to admit. Perfect balance of angst and fluff, I am living for it.
KillgarraghForever chapter 10 . 7/21/2020
YES! ARTEMIS FOWL!
MidnightWriter44678 chapter 11 . 5/24/2020
Ahhhh this was so amazing! Oh my word. The plotting was so brilliant and intricate and the emotions we so powerful. I cried so much. This was great and I look forward to reading the next installment.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/17/2020
I love this so much!
Onyx Aven chapter 11 . 1/27/2020
I could barely read this through a haze of tears... It's really well written. Thank you.
Sky cat chapter 11 . 12/23/2019
AAAAHHHHHHH! this was amazing! I may or may not have read it all In one day... it was Exactly the title of story I had an itching for and you wrote it so fantastically! Ahhh! My heart is happy now:) thank you!
Seth A. Mincberg chapter 11 . 8/13/2019
Every time I read this I wind up crying. The hope and sorrow you've managed to convey here is tremendous. I feel so happy for Jack when the Guardians all finally see him. I even end up clenching my gut and holding my breath when he asks if they can see him. After reading this story more than ten times, I know the ending and yet, I still react this way. Let that, more than anything, tell you that this is an amazing story you've written!
Everything4Everyone chapter 11 . 7/21/2019
This is amazing! I almost cried in front of everyone! an excellent job!
CryingHands chapter 11 . 5/11/2019
This made me cry. Good thing people don't notice the redness.
But still, this made me cry.