Reviews for -
GlacialFreight chapter 27 . 1/12/2016
OH MY GOD. This is absolutely gorgeous. I've been reading just about every M and many T rated fics in this fandom (and 3 others) for a while now, and I'm somehow just finding your incredible work.
First - thank you SO MUCH for sharing your work. It can be scary, but you pushed through that and did it anyway, and this reader appreciates that. When I used to think of "fanfic," I certainly never thought anything this good could exist, but obviously I have been proven wrong by this story and others of incredibly high quality.
Your characterizations are monumentally good. Firmly based in canon, yet also your own creations. Your dialogue is beautifully rendered and totally natural and just gut-wrenchingly moving and painful and gorgeously evocative.
Your story incorporates Hoyt wonderfully. There are a lot of Hoyt-focused fics out there, and yours is my favorite because of the way you use him and that plot to support the development of J and M's relationship. I love that the relationship is front and center, and everything else supports that so beautifully.
Your portrayal of Jane struggling from despair is incredibly well-wrought, and your portrayal of Maura falling in love with the kids (and then Jane, of course,) feels so heartwarming and real. And the relationship between J & M that starts in comfort and friendship and then expands to everything is just so well done.
Your children are beautifully rendered - I'm not always a fan of the fics with kids because they're never done this fully or well.
Your epilogue is by far the best epilogue of any fic I've read - not just a blast into the future, but a warm, real capstone that captures the characters and themes of the fic in a natural way.
THANK YOU again for sharing this. I'm now off to voraciously read your other Rizzles fics!
QuintessentialLola chapter 27 . 12/20/2015
I just had a thought about how itd be super cool if you did like a prequel about Katherine
Jupiter chapter 27 . 12/4/2015
This is amazing! Your storytelling is completely compelling. I couldn't put it down even found myself surreptitiously reading it at work. I was addicted. The story itself was fantastic but the way you told it was incredible - what talent! Why have you not had any published work? Or have you? This writing is so good - better than the vast majority of the books I have read. I smiled and then cried - a lot! Maura was an absolute saint, but entirely believable - that's what love is. More please... So so much more. This was such a labour of love and you should be so proud. Thank you for posting it and making my life richer.
KanucksPen chapter 27 . 11/11/2015
What an incredible work, a heart-wrenchingly real depiction of these two very extreme characters in a dangerous world. Love your attention to detail and your decision to never -not once- take the easy way out. Your understanding of the souls tortured by PTSD is remarkable, as is your ability to present their reality with compassion and care. Thank you for your commitment to a piece that was much more than entertainment.
Guest chapter 27 . 11/9/2015
Ok so I started reading this 8 hours ago and I haven't done literally anything else until now. Except cry, and laugh, and cry a whole lot more. This is incredible. You are an incredible writer.
KanucksPen chapter 5 . 11/9/2015
Reading this, with plans to review properly at the end, but so captivated by one line that I cannot move past it without letting you know.

'... her eyes say "sorry," but her posture says "unless you want to fight."'

Just lovely, beautifully written.

Thank you for sharing your story. You've captured much of the reality of PTSD without being flip. You've had the courage to go deep. Respect.

And back to reading...
lazyseawater chapter 27 . 11/6/2015
It's amazing story! Thank you for sharing it.
DaisyRebel1992 chapter 27 . 11/1/2015
This is my absolute favorite story. I wish it were real. I'm practically swooning over here. Brava.
Erin chapter 27 . 10/30/2015
Hey, I don't have an account on Fanfiction, I just read them. And I'm a horrible writer. But I had an idea for a Rizzles story and I thought that maybe you would like to write it or something. Of course, maybe it's no where near as good as it is in my head. Anyway, I liked the idea of them each separately coming to realize that they love each other but not saying anything for fear of ruining their friendship. Then Jane shoots Maura's dad and Maura freaks out yelling at Jane. She is upset because she feels like Jane betrayed her, and it is amplified because she's in love with Jane. Meanwhile Jane is hurt that Maura would think badly of her and isn't understanding that she had too. She also is extremely upset because she was only with Gabriel Dean as a distraction. Then Maura can't apologize and go back because she wants more than friendship and decides that since she can't have that, she would rather not be friends at all, no matter how much that hurts. So when Ian comes back she decides to do her best to fall in love with him again, since she did it once she should be able to do it again, right? And he decides that he is old enough that he could stand to settle down and work at one of the local clinics to help the poor. Jane then has to watch all of this and she kind of goes off. First she closes herself off emotionally, and becomes a lot more cold. Anything that makes her angry during cases makes her REALLY angry. She becomes kind of pale and can't sleep at night, having nightmares from any and all cases - and Maura is in them. Sometimes dying, sometimes blaming Jane, sometimes both. Basically Jane becomes a drone. And eventually to feel something, anything, she goes out one night and sleeps with a stranger, which is obviously very NOT Jane. And does the same the next night. Soon she is spending most nights out with different random guys. She also starts to be more reckless. Not obviously, but definitely becoming more daring. She shoves all of her mothers comments out the window without even the 'I'm not actually dead' or the 'it's my job' that she normally gives, instead kind of going silent and at one point mumbling something about how it wouldn't be that bad if she had died, or that it would be better if she just died. Then she finds out that she is pregnant from one of her one night stands and becomes the exaggeration of reckless, realizing that she has become a person she would normally despise and not wanting to bring up a baby in her current life. So one day in basically a suicide attempt she does something crazy in a case and ends up almost dying and in the hospital. Maura, realizing what Jane was attempting rushes to the hospital and hears the doctors saying how she lost the baby, which confuses everybody because Jane hadn't told anyone. Ian realizes whats going on and decides to go back to Africa that 'he has a few more years left'. Maura sits by Jane's side for as long as she can everyday, they don't communicate, just sitting there as Maura can't stand to be away. Then one day after Jane tried to rip the respiratory tubes out at night to kill herself, Maura sets up a cot in the room and starts sleeping the room. Once Jane is good enough to go home she goes to her mothers house, or Maura's guest house really. Maura and Jane continue to not speak, but Maura silently brings slips cold case files to Jane to amuse her or something like that. And one night after Maura gets home Jane shows up, barging in like always and immediately goes over to Maura and gives her a passionate kiss, pleading with her not to say anything with her eyes, and then they sleep together; in the morning though Jane is gone. And it repeats the next night, and the next night. Even after Jane is back at work ( during which they still don't talk much - no animosity, but nothing but short sentences about the case, and Maura even stops giving out her explanations but simply the conclusions and relevant information ) it continues. One week Maura is at a conference, and the minute she gets home she drives over to Jane's house late at night and pounds on the door until Jane answers. One week Jane had to go to some other state for a couple days to work on a case, and the moment she arrives she pulls Maura into Maura's office. However, while Jane is physically better, they both still are slightly paler than normal, and easy to startle, emotionally off (obviously) and very closed. Each night though, they don't say anything and the person who is staying over is always gone by morning. And every time something dangerous happens to either of them, they either disappear for a couple of hours or rush 'home' at the end of the day. Finally one day Jane's dad comes back for something at says something about Jane being broken or something happens and someone yells at one of the women, and the other blows a gasket saying that they are wrong and that Jane/Maura is the best person they know, etc. And hopefully you could find a non cliche way of writing them actually becoming a couple.
Its obviously a very thought out story, with bits and pieces coming from random other stories and my own head. I know that you might not write it, or that you'll change aspects/add or take out parts. I personally think keeping the other characters in the story would be nice - writing parts for Constance, Hope, Paddy, and of course Jane's family, though I'm guessing that makes writing harder, to have so many characters. Anyway, I liked the idea of it getting written, because as I said, I can't write. I like to come up with alternate endings or story lines, but I can't actually write them. Hopefully you read all of this, and hopefully you write my idea of a story, but even if you don't then I would like to tell you how much I like your writing. It is why I an writing to you. And I really enjoyed this story, as well as your others. Like I said, I don't have a fanfiction account, so I don't even know if you'll receive this without checking a story that you finished in 2013. I've only just now read your story. And I'll stop writing now.. Thank you...
Hazmatt chapter 27 . 11/1/2015
Incredible story! I really enjoyed it! I'm glad everything worked out!
Ixxy451 chapter 27 . 10/26/2015
Flabberghasted! A heartbreaking amazing story. Thank you SO much for sharing this with us.
Guest chapter 27 . 10/23/2015
I just read your story and I'm trying not to cry while typing this. This is the most beautiful stories I've ever read. Thank you for sharing this story with us! You're an amazing writer. Keep writing! :)
badly caffeinated chapter 27 . 10/16/2015
Awwee...its wonderful. Especially the last chapter. *love*
Guest chapter 27 . 10/10/2015
Absolutely marvelous! Loved it! Great storytelling and brilliant writing.

Thanks for sharing the experience with us!
Guest chapter 27 . 10/3/2015
Even without you saying this story is close to your heart, I think I would have known. It's close to my heart now as well.
1,116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »