Reviews for A Scent of Burning Feathers
Fanfiction.exe chapter 1 . 6/8/2016
Really well done, glad I checked it out
Link101 chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
This is an amazing piece of work. I loved reading this and I come back just about every day to read it on this site. I know that it's good because my heart cramped up when I read about Pit being injured; it only does that when I read a good, well written fanfic. Very well done!
Tend to the Willows chapter 1 . 1/22/2016
Awwww~~~ Dark Pit~ You Tsundere~~
Sleepwalker48 chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
Yeah, Pit is awesome.

I'm surprised I haven't stumbled upon this fic earlier. One-shots usually make me cringe, but this one was quite good. You summarized the City of Lost Souls chapter quite well, and filled in the gaps at the beginning very well. Great description, and I think Dark Pit's inner dialogue contemplating the motives of humans, gods and the angels was very accurate.

You turned me around with the whole selfish motives thing. Dark Pit is a great criticizer of gods and how much they suck at doing their jobs, but then he gave exposition on his own pride and began analyzing himself. And THAT'S what I call character development! Great insight.

Yeah, I believe Dark Pit and Magnus would get along very well. But hopefully they'd be more like friends, and not try to kill each other just for the heck of it. If they truly wish to do battle with the other, then perhaps Pit can be referee?

And there you have it, folks: Dark Pit: God-Slayer. I . . . need to use that, because it's so incredibly fitting the more I think about it. Can there be a cross-over fic of God of War with Kid Icarus? Come on, there has to be a fic of that SOMEWHERE.

What else to say? Great pacing and diction. I liked the way you looped it around-with the scent of burning feathers until the very last scene. THAT'S how you write a one-shot!

Favorite: Story! Very enjoyable.
Detectivewriters chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
Yeeeeeees, break the fourth wall! . . . Or not, according to Pit. And Dark Pit's response to Pit's comment, "Okay, so we aren't breaking the fourth wall right now" XD That's probably one of my favorite parts.

Pit and his floor ice cream XD Also, I love how the last sentence ties into the title.

The imagery in this fic is good, and you can really feel/smell what Dark Pit is when you described the burnt wings. Overall, I think you did a good job of depicting what happens in this story. Good job! -
Katteilpawz chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
Great story! Saddest part : The dream sequence(what else?(if this part's actually in the game...) Best part : Pittoo's mind freaking stop.
Joez chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
Write more pls
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
Great story, very well written, love it
Caiahar chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Well done! I actually recently posted a fanfic extremely similar to yours! A reviewer notified me that it was very similar to this story, so I went here. Yours is much more well-written then mine. However, I assure you that I didn't copy you, and I hadn't read this story before!
Would you mind giving me some tips?
Bye
Damon Wolf Cub chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
well, aside from blood, this follows the game rather closely. they broke the fourth wall at the end, and that's ALWAYS good for lolz XD. although, seriously? sexiness? they're freaking 13-year olds, and the goddesses in the game refered to Pit as, "cute" all the time.
"Aww, your so cute Pit!" -Palutena, false credits
"It seems that under that cute demeanor of yours, your actually quite ferocious!" -Pandora, chapter 6
"You're such a yes-man Pit. it's a good thing your so cute!" -Phosphora
"Aww, you're turning red, that's even cuter!" -Phosphera again. see? I don't get the PitxDarkPit yaoi obbsession. I think it's stupid, it's a brotherly, not a romance. Nintendo doesn't do yaoi, ever, in eternity.
Ryuus2 chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
I really like Dark Pit, partly because his theme song is epic, but mostly because he has all of Pit's powers and abilities but much more freedom and personality. If only someone who give him a better nickname than Pittoo...

Keep up the great work!
aloof-kokiri chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I really loved this. It's great to see Dark Pit's thought process through this chapter. This is great characterization. I would love to see more from you!
Makokam chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I am SO glad I talked you into getting this game.

This was a pretty awesome story. And, as near as I can tell, in character.
I was a little worried with the dream sequence just because...well, I wasn't sure what you were trying to do there and then it was all a dream and that was cool.
I also really liked the idea that Dark Pit had to carve a path for Palutena to shine a light down. I figured she just needed someone there as a beacon. So she'd know where to send him.
And somebody needed to dip him in.

I liked the scene at the end with the wall breaking. Though, I'm pretty sure it'd be more than the twin-cest crowd that'd be interested in that.

Oh. And the scars in his muscles? Sinister implications much?

Makokam out.