Reviews for Escape
jmu chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
Hello Orangeshipper! Today I was looking through the Mary & Matthew archive and spotted this little gem for the 1st time. True to character, clever, humorous, romantic, and rather sexy, to boot... what more could a reader possibly ask for in a story? ) Your sly foundation of "all sorts of things" and "then I'll get wet" future exchanges... Orangeshipper, you're simply perfect! Thank you so very much for all the M&M joy you've brought over the years! I hope you and your family are all quite happy and healthy, and best wishes to you all for a blessed holiday season! I won't give up hope that someday you might feel inspired to re-visit M&M.
Mimi chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
So sweet! Love his smirk and mention of "all sorts of things!"
Mimi chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Love smitten!Mathew and how he breaks down Mary's wall. I love how you write them. I'm so glad they live on in fanfics! ;-)
a readerrrr chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
such a lovely fanfic :)
Ultrahotpink chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Aww I love pre-marriage fluff! It was very sweet. Lovely Job! :)
Palindrome310 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Really enjoyed the story and the fact she goes to visit him in his office :)
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Oh my darling, I can't begin to tell you how I loved this little story. It is so perfect, and sweet, and tender and just about everything that Matthew and Mary were together. I so miss what we never had, this tender closeness showed through all the times in their story we never saw: the engagement, the first weeks of marriage, the journery toward George's birth, and I will miss everything that should have come after it immensely.

I'm so glad and so thankful you took time to write this, and I hope it helped even in the smallest ways with your writer's block.

You're such a wondeful writer, and you know MM so well, it's always a treat reading your stories :)
Lady Etiquette chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Love this slice of life moment between them in the law office. I'm sorry we never saw more of Matthew at his place of business. Secretive Mary is very sweet...and Matthew wondering about her secret is even sweeter. Thank you, OrangeShipper! :)
Merlin'sM chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Just another example of your skill as a writer and your tremendous grasp of these two characters. Loved your referencing 'unpredictable' - that will live with me whenever I rewatch Ep1/S3 wedding scene.
Hope you'll do more of unseen moments, especially engagement period...
Many thanks for doing this one - especially on vacation. You're missed already!
xRaela chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I love little fics like this that I can imagine happened between scenes/episodes. And, as ever, it was written beautifully
dracke chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Lovely! The part about the dress was too cute and so very matthew!
I hope u write more of this "engagement fluff" as we haven't seen much of it on the show! Again, this was lovely :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Lovely. I liked the idea that his work was something he thought of as "private", a retreat to "normalcy", kept from the Downton set, and that Mary, by choosing to be there with him, was entering into his private domain...into what he did for himself, rather than as a duty to anyone else. A lovely moment, and the rain seems almost welcome. :)

We never saw him explicitly back at work in S3, although I assumed that he was, at least on a part-time basis. I thought it might be interesting, if he'd continued on in S4 and the estate renovation was turning out to be successful, if he'd be called upon to assist with other families' estates. It seemed that word had gotten around well enough (given Shrimpie's comments) that Downton was being modernised, and I could see Robert giving credit where it was due if any inquiries came in. Matthew being in a rather unique position, with his professional expertise combined with his stake in the aristocracy, I could see other families whose estates were on the way out looking desperately for some help in the post-war world. Could have been a fascinating look at the larger issues of the day, with unassuming Matthew finding himself at the center of all sorts of legal, business, economic, political, and tense interpersonal interactions.
Princess Unikitty chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
heh. cute story.
jmar chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
It made me smile that M&M would enjoy the company of Matthew's work - Mary had held his work with some disdain early on, so it really shows how much she has grown as person, to appreciate his work. And for Matthew to feel greater concentration with Mary by his side. Just so fitting! Now, for the weather. Any proper English man always carries an umbrella! There's a saying in the UK: if you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes! It is an island, afterall...lovely story :-)
Dancing a jig chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Why are you such a good writer! Can't think of anything to say except thank you for such a beautiful little story!:):)