Reviews for Trial of Legends
thelittlepandagirl chapter 10 . 10/4/2018
Woah, this was so intense. I'm a bigger fan of the games than the show so I love battle scenes. So many questions unanswered though so I wish there really was a sequel. Nonetheless, this was great!
anjumstar chapter 10 . 9/15/2017
Okay, interesting follow up. I liked how the cast of characters were more spread out this time. I especially liked the couple of flips over to Paul and Reggie. I liked the quick nod towards CavalierShipping (which I do prefer to IkariShipping). I liked the Maples watching together (though I would have preferred Drew being there) though I'm not sure why May and Max weren't traveling. I wish we'd had more Brock and I think a moment could have been spared on Misty's sisters.

I'm not sure why we got Ash's backstory for disappearing in this one. It really didn't feel like it had a place here. I should have been in the first story. I mean, I was glad for the info, but we're five long years past that. It shouldn't have been as present anymore. That said, I didn't like the idea that Ash disappeared in the first place-still strikes me as OOC-but I like it less now that you have Tobias doing the same thing. I like it more for Tobias than Ash. It would make sense to have to go to remote locations to get Legendaries, and it would take years to find them. That's fine. But it took away the significance of Ash doing that when our next main character does it as well. And it also slightly invalidated it as an effective strategy. This battle ended up being about why Ash is a better trainer. Yet you had them pull the same major move in their training. That seemed like a bit of a blip for me.

I thought the battling was interesting. I mean, Ash's Pokemon kind of withstood too much to be believable, especially Pikachu. Legendaries are very different in the games than in the anime. In the games, they're really not that special. But in the anime, they're much more serious. Of course, you had to have Ash win, and I think that you did go about it in a pretty good way, but it was just a bit over the top at times. Especially this last chapter with Charizard. Going into Sunyshore and destroying the city? Nooooo! Ash was way too nonchalant about that! What is this, a Superman movie? Uh-uh! So much focus was being paid on the fact that the field was being destroyed-literally what it is built for-and then Ash sees cars crashing and he's like "well, that's too bad." Nope. Just nope.

I did like the thing with Mew in the end. It was a good mystery: the Feraligatr and the other Pokemon. The type effectiveness thing did have me stumped. I think that there should have been a hint with Aaron, since he is a bug trainer and bug is strong against psychic, but, nevertheless, that was a clever trick. Quite the mind-game in terms of strategy too, to throw Ash (and the others) off right away. Good use of some of Mew's unique abilities. I'm not sure about the Mew being in Tobias' head thing...I'm not sure about a lot of the stuff with Tobias. But you did take a stab at it, and it was a good one. Pretty unique. I mean, some of the tropes in here were things that you see in bad IC fanfictions, but Tobias is a canon character, and quite a strange one at that. He deserves more exploration. And you gave him that.

The stuff with Cobalion was interesting. It made the whole legendary thing more believable than it had been in the anime. And it was a nice tie-in to the fact that this Ash never went to Unova. Although, that thing at the end with Ash being restless. I think that that is good characterization-Ash doesn't seem like the type to settle down-but why would he need to be tied down as champion? In the anime, we saw Cynthia in Unova. Lance took part in G-man stuff: very action/adventure. Why was Ash stuck at a cottage on a tiny island? Why not travel...everywhere? There can't be that many trainers that get the right of challenging the champion, so it's not like he needs to be sitting pretty at his post. Just something to think about.

Again, I don't think that the shipping was super earned. We don't get any sense of what Ash and Misty's relationship has been like for the past five years and so then the proposal at the end just seems like a mirror of the prequel to this-which is nice-but, again, not earned. It would have been hard to fit in-harder than in the prequel, since it was kind of a focus there-but there could have been room for it. We see Delia's POV once or twice, and she could have offered some insight. Or, as I said, Misty's sisters could have helped with that. Or even Brock. I guess it's just that these stories don't seem as integrated into the characters' lives. We get some from Tobias and Ash, of course, but we don't really know what's up with the other characters and so then we're lacking in relationships of all kinds. We just have a couple people-no relationships. This was also an issue in the first fic, just because Ash had disappeared, of course.

Okay, once again, I'm going to cut this off here, because this story is 4 years old and so this review is irrelevant. But it's a decently sized story and it did engage me enough to read the whole thing, so I think its deserving of a somewhat thorough review. You tackled something pretty big here. And good for you.
Digitialwriter92 chapter 10 . 7/24/2016
Wow best Pokemon Battle ever. I loved it. Please write a sequel im begging u.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 10 . 6/5/2015
Cameo from Brandon and Scott. Charizard defeated Mew, I guess. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 9 . 6/5/2015
So if Ash makes it back alive, he won't live for long. Ah. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 8 . 6/5/2015
So Tobias's father is Lawrence III. Paul has a Metagross; neat. MEW? Tobias has MEW? Shocker. NO, really, I'm shocked! Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 7 . 6/5/2015
That's great that Swellow beat Latios. Cobalion. Wow. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 6 . 6/4/2015
We see Latios again. Wow. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 5 . 6/4/2015
So Tobias has a Raikou. Yeah, that took me by surprise.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 4 . 6/4/2015
That's great that Pikachu defeated Moltres. It's either Zapdos or Raikou. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 3 . 6/4/2015
So Ash plans to win this battle for Misty. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 2 . 6/4/2015
That's great that Ash beat Tobias's Darkrai again. So Tobias has a Moltres. Good chapter.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 1 . 6/4/2015
Darkrai again. Good chapter.
riorio chapter 2 . 3/3/2015
AWESOME
riorio chapter 10 . 3/3/2015
Awesome! I mean really AWESOME! But, one mistake, Mew can't change into Giratine. Leavin this mistake, I love this story!