Reviews for Promises Made, Promises Kept
MarvelousWonders chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
You have no idea how happy I was when I was finally able to find a good Tobirama fanfic.
It's perfect, really.
You also wrote Tobirama almost exactly like I have always imagined him, which is rarely the case.
Every one of your 6 mini-stories is wonderful and very revealing about their relationship.
Please write more about those two if you have the time and the inclination.
The fandom would appreciate it.
Swirlycloud chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Aaah the feels. Thank you for writing this! Now I am having many brotp feels. You have written Hashirama and Tobirama's relationship well. Here are a few of my favorite parts:

-"Was that really necessary?"
"Yes," said Tobirama simply.
"He was willing to give his life for you, and you complain about buildings. You disgust me." -
-} Oh, Tobi. So in-character, as always. I'd be disgusted with that guy, too.

- Tobirama turned slowly, his chakra tingling around him, but his enemy's trace was once again too dispersed to detect. -
-} I like this small bit of technical detail. It definitely helped me the fight better.

-"I still could have been more careful," Hashirama mumbled, but Tobirama felt him relax a little, and just shrugged in response. -
-}Shhh Hashirama ! Geez. Always thinking about others and how they would feel. Perfect. I can see Tobirama's frustration with him over this, but he knows it's in his character to think like that. Still, *sigh* These two!

- Kuraya -
-}You seamlessly fit her into the story without a problem! There is no question who as to who she is or anything. I also like how you reveal small details about her personality in passing, such as with Tsunade and the gambling. I wouldn't mind hearing about her again, in future stories, now that you have already introduced her.

- Tobirama didn't care. He was used to it. And it was worth it. -
-} *the brotp feels*. Gah.

-"Because I'm young. My lack of experience is a liability." His eyes narrowed. "I need to prove myself."-
-} This is a good line. Hashirama has recognized the problem and already knows how to address it. Progress, progress.

All in all, this was an enjoyable read. Great job :)
time2read chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
this is awsome i love the way you write the brothers with tobirama always getting hurt because his brother is so kind! i would love you elaborating on the last story! please message me when you write a new story on tobirama:P ty!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Type your review here...
Eisenstein chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Great once again.
You really have a talent for filling in blanks in background with fitting and unique parts.
Coffeepuffs chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Love it. I love the way it flows particularly, it was very natural despite all the time skips. Tobirama is mu favorite obscure character, but he's been getting the attention he deserves lately *u*
Anyways, love ur fic and i wish you wpuld try ypur hand at longer writer, because i like how you pay attention to subtle gestures and characterics of the... Characters. Preferably ones about my man, Tobirama.
Withered Pages chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
This is really good, I love brotherly-bond-focused stories, and you depicted their relationship in a heartbreakingly familiar way for me.
The obvious parallel with Madara and Izuna made Tobirama's reaction to the killing very viable, since it only takes a little bit of imagination to imagine our Hokage bros in the same situation. and in fact, the scene with..Zetsu, isn't it? does exactly that, Tobirama almost getting killed for Hashirama. I'm sure the scene flashed across Hashirama's eyes when he saw Tobirama kinda getting crushed to death, and it's sad because he'll find it harder to fight Madara knowing that what had been a horrible possibility for him was a reality for his friend.
Princess Unikitty chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
well-written story. very compelling.