Reviews for Return to Rivendell
KathyG chapter 6 . 6/28/2014
Too bad Tolkien left no way for Sam and Frodo to actually travel to Mirkwood and meet King Thranduil before Frodo left for the West! If someone were to write such a story, it would have to be AU.
KathyG chapter 4 . 6/28/2014
Too bad the story's finished, shirebound; you could have written an extra chapter about Sam having a nightmare of his own! (And Frodo comforting him, of course.)
Mockingbird's Song chapter 10 . 6/1/2013
When they get post from Gondor they will both get chests of gold I bet harder to turn down gifts when half of Middle Earth separates you from the giver.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 9 . 6/1/2013
What a great gift I want an eagle flight.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 8 . 6/1/2013
I like the way the elves decided of their own prerogative to guard the ringbearers.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 7 . 6/1/2013
Never wise to underestimate a hobbit.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 6 . 6/1/2013
The Travellers are all geared up to start a cultural revolution
Mockingbird's Song chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
Sam is Frodo's rock his very own piece of everything good about the shire.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 4 . 6/1/2013
Nothing to fear but fear itself but fear is a mighty foe indeed at times.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 2 . 6/1/2013
What an appropriate gift for Frodo's Birthday from Elrond.
Mockingbird's Song chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
The only place where Frodo is able to go around without adulation from strangers in Middle Earth is the Shire.
Aria Breuer chapter 10 . 5/19/2013
Another good story, which I am once again putting into my community. I hope this is all right with you.

So, on with the review: your stories certainly put Pippin in the spotlight a lot, same for Merry and Sam. I guess, in my eyes, it seems Frodo is in the background of these stories, or helped all too frequently by his friends (I haven't always understood why he let them in the first place), while the others - including his other companions - are in the foreground. Sometimes this didn't make sense, but then I remember that Frodo's task in the books was to take the One Ring to Mordor. Due to that quest, he must have missed a large chunk of what his other companions and Bilbo before him were doing, at least as far as being heroic is concerned. No wonder why I feel like, there are days, I can relate to him because of this. He seems to be the only hero that is in the background, in a way, whereas others are seen as what most of us think is typical for a hero. It's no wonder I defend Frodo so much as well, maybe because I usually stand out that much from the crowds.

Still, getting past my typical ruminations, which are becoming frequent with well-written stories, there were parts of this story I enjoyed. Earthquake Pippin... that was funny, but most likely would be annoying if that really happened. I also liked how Frodo helped ease Pippin from his nightmares. That seems like something he would do towards his cousins and, possibly, with Sam - if Sam would ever give him that chance. Bilbo's gift of dragon treasure was, in a way, sad since, due to the events in the books, Frodo left without any wife or children. I do wonder at times what would happen if Frodo did have a spouse and children, but I fear we might not know that part in the original works.

Overall, you have a streak of well-written stories, at least from the ones I've read so far. I don't know how many times I'm going to keep saying that. Keep writing. You are doing well with the book-verse, gap-filler stories.

-Aria Breuer
Nikikeya chapter 10 . 8/15/2011
This was a beautiful story. I love Bilbo... And Frodo. I love this story.
Nikikeya chapter 8 . 8/15/2011
OMG That was almost RAEP! Thank the heavens for Arnen! (Sam of course still could have took both those guys, no sweat. Frodo is in very safe hands indeed.)

Well now that Frodo is safe once more, on to the next chapter!
Nikikeya chapter 7 . 8/15/2011
Crying again... So good... TuT

I'm gonna hate having this story end...