Reviews for To Train A Dragon Rider
Pathseekerme chapter 27 . 7/22
I loved this all the way through! You are what the other teachers in my old school and I called a "Wordsmith" - someone who uses words sufficiently well that reading their work brings pleasure to the reader, and whose work reaches more than acceptable level of craftsmanship; this means better than eighty percent of the people with whom they are competing or being graded against. Given the level, or nature I'd your descriptions and character interactions, I would even go so far as to give you the title "WordSmith" or "Word Smith," which I only ever gave to the top five percent of people in any academic competition or students who consistent worked at that level on all writing assigned. I absolutely loved the intricacies and details involved in this whole story! Thanks for writing this!
Pathseekerme chapter 14 . 7/22
This is a great HP story! I am not as sure about how it compares , but if it compares as well to that series as it does to HP, WOW-just AWESOME! I especially enjoyed your talent for descriptions; you have a real gift for describing things so vividly that I can't help but see them in my mind... Also, your people and Sapphire all seem real; I think, in part, it's because of how they speak and interact with each other. I am really enjoying this! Thanks again for writing it!
Pathseekerme chapter 7 . 7/21
This was really good and I enjoyed reading it very much. You have a real gift for sharing your thoughts and vision of your story via your descriptions of places and people as well as making your characters seem real because of their interactions and conversations with each other. I am impressed, also, because there were no obvious errors that would make my retired, ex-teacher self want to stop and make a note for you to "Fix this, please." Well done! I extend to you the title "Wordsmith" which you may now append to your name like doctors say, "I am Robert Black, M.D." (I can't do that legally, but I can extend the title to you out of respect for the quality of your writing because as I said earlier, I am a retired writing and grammar teacher of sixth through twelfth grades. I taught for twenty eight years before retiring; I loved teaching. Now, I enjoy reading fanfiction and looking for the hidden gems-like this one! Thanks for writing and sharing!
Mattias88 chapter 13 . 7/20
Oh my god. Twins will be indeed mentally scarred by such experience for the rest of their short lives (damn even I would be -mainly from teletubies :D).
Captiosus chapter 27 . 7/5
Omake!Drake: "NOOOO! RELEASE ME! I AM FIRE! I AM DEATH!"
Omake!Harry: "You're a cat-sized little shit with delusions of grandeur. Now shut up before I stuff you in a box and give you a bottle to suckle on."
david.teague.3950 chapter 18 . 7/1
Good story so far, while the poll is done may I ask if you have intentions of giving Aria the same Dragon she got at the end of Inheritance? If Harry does get a Dragon I've got a couple names for it depending on its color and otherwise. If it's black like Shruikan Ebon/Ebony, if it's red like Thorn calling it Rubeus, kind of like how Saphira's name is a form of Sapphire. If a green egg responds to him and it's a female Esmerelda, if it's male Kyrogen.
david.teague.3950 chapter 11 . 6/30
I recognize Phrik and Mithril vaguely. Phrik is the metal alloy that Darth Sidious used on his Light Sabers. As for Mithril I think it was used in Final Fantasy X, I know it was used in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, it was needed for Sora's Ultima Weapon.
Siblings Grimm chapter 27 . 6/29
Wow, just happened to stumble on this story. I like what you have done here. Harry is a boss, and i like how he has traveled from place to place.

Also, it is neat that you have a new adversary to face. To many Eragon fics are all the same ol same ol
House of Chaos chapter 27 . 6/21
So, your story is really good and I like it lots, but this is mainly about the omake. I do see the Wizard of Oz there, and that was my first thought, but before the end I was thinking more about Mushu (think I spelled that right) from Mulan. It kinda fits better than the Wizard as well, because Mushu- small red lizard dragon- is the perfect mental image for Drake's tiny form. Keep up the good work.
Key to Chaos chapter 23 . 6/13
unless i missed it (possible), what ever happened to Harry trying to track Murtagh by the bracer Harry gave him? Haven't seen any mention of it in the story or A/N since the chapter he and Trianna got kidnapped.
Zephal chapter 27 . 6/12
Neltharion... Heh, well I did think that the Drakes story was similar to old Death Wings corruption story. Didn't think you would actually use the name though.
Araytigre chapter 27 . 6/11
Now the Battle truly will begin. Wasn't surprised much about Angela being one of the Grey Folk, let alone the last one. Angela and Harry, as well as the Dragons will have to put their collective heads together in order to fight the Drake. Thank You. TTFN
senpen banka chapter 27 . 6/11
Great chapter, can't wait for more!
Lliono chapter 17 . 6/11
this chapter felt weird, it felt like excuse after excuse for why things should go like canon. I understand why, it's much easier to write that way but it was still a little cringe worthy. Hope I'm past that and that the story can take on more of personal feel again.
trainreader chapter 26 . 6/10
have a nice wedding! I am looking forward to Harry's plans.