Reviews for Quake
J Luc Pitard chapter 3 . 3/16
I like this story for the growing mutual attachment between two exciting characters and then the twist of the Labyrinth's deep involvement in their lives, but in a world full of news stories where people die in freak accidents or a moment of inattention or indecision has disastrous consequences, it's hard to feel empathy for Sarah. Sucks that such a good person allowed a tram full of families to fall to their deaths, but that she did so because of the Labyrinth's needs? Innocent people die because the Faerie world wants Sarah to be a villain sometimes? Whoa. Couldn't get my head around that aspect of it. Did make me wonder what Jareth had done, though. Maybe it's better that his darkness is unexplained. So, to recap- couldn't empathize, but loved the story anyway.
Interesting. Very interesting.
3iggy chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
Thoroughly blushing, but I am also thoroughly enjoying this story.
LaraWinner chapter 3 . 3/21/2014
I don't think I've seen anyone capture Jareth's depth of character as perfectly as you did in this story. He is manipulative but most stories either don't play around with it enough or they lack giving the reader a legitimate reason for the word/mind games.

I also adore the fact that you make a point to show how magic is both terrible and beautiful simultaneously. As tempting as a sequel would be, I have to say, it leaves a haunting impact to end it here.

Wonderfully angsty yet sensual and even sweet. This is definitely a fic to be proud of. Lovely work.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
I like this story vey much and would love to read follow-up chapters, please continue!
Bugula chapter 3 . 2/26/2014
Brilliant story, very well written.
Arciere chapter 3 . 2/10/2014
Darkly inviting and astounding. Well done!

-Arciere
Kendran chapter 3 . 2/6/2014
Good Lord this was fantastic! I absolutely adored Jareth's and Sarah's banter throughout the entire story, not only engaging but also realistic, well...as realistic as this situation could be. But very few FanFictions have this kind of relationship and it's just really refreshing to see...anywhere really. Thank you for having more to the problem than just Jareth wanting Sarah for the sake of wanting her, major props. I also have to say Bravo for ending this story here on such a good open ended note, not many authors know how to write well, and even fewer no when to end a story so seeing both was a real treat. You should be very proud of this. If you choose to do more in another story I can't wait to see it. Stay safe and well.
Avenging Neko chapter 3 . 1/29/2014
Eeeeeee... I love this story, and will so totally stalk for a sequel cuz I'm mean to Sarah like that. Awesome story great job
Luna chapter 3 . 1/29/2014
Goodness to gracious must you tempt me so? Dangling succulent morsels between my lips to only seize them from my sight!
So cruel. So generous. So well played.
Luna chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Absolutely love the idea! It fits beautifully with the capricious nature of the fae and is decidedly hot at the same time.
The writing also is far better than I've seen here for a while, though if I'd not known the fandom, I would find it a tad too lacking in detail.
Irwaen chapter 3 . 1/29/2014
Nicely ended- quite honestly, I wouldn't care if it never gets a continuation. A good cliffhanger can sometimes be the way to go (though if you do choose to continue then I will probably read just to see where you take this)
The characterisation was pretty good throughout, and Sarah's madness was pretty well realised. If you don't mind I also developed an alternative interpretation of events (though chapter 3 negated this somewhat) where Jareth was simply a manifestation of her madness/ guilt and that the accident really had been an accident, though the fragility of her mind convinced her that it was not and then came up with a fantasy to compensate (if you don't like my ramblings feel free to ignore them. And yes, I have noticed that they make little to no sense)
Anyway, nice story, well written and because I'm a twisted person I saw it as having extra layers that may or may not be there. Thanks :)
FrancesOsgood chapter 3 . 1/29/2014
This is incredible. I love the back and forth between light-hearted banter and downright freaky darkness. Balance. What a cruel concept. I'm both excited and terrified to find out what happens when our beloved heroine finds her memories. Excellent job! Abso-bloody-lutely brilliant!
CheshireMewl chapter 3 . 1/28/2014
I love how you wrote the banters between the two; very well written.
Jetredgirl chapter 3 . 1/28/2014