Reviews for Broken Promises and New Beginnings
Guest chapter 9 . 9/20/2002
Excellent Excellent! I thought you did great on writing a sweet romantic bit, with emphasis in just the right places! More moremore. And i hope the council see thru anakin..:P little brat bastard that he is. :P
laura chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
chap 9 isn't coming up, can u reload it again
Shanobi chapter 8 . 9/19/2002
Okay, I'm back Mel :) I had time to read this latest chapter before running out the door yesterday. I love how Obi is doing so well without Qui-Gon, though i'm sure the man is never really far from his thoughts. It's really easy for us all to hate Qui and be mad at him, but what we all need to remember is that Obi loves him! Should that mean that he should just forgive him? Hell no! But will he eventually? Of course. Our Obi is a forgiving soul, that is part of his character, and you've done such a good job staying in character. That's not to say he wont make the man squirm for it :) That's our Obi too.

This thing was Adi was a pleasant twist, way to keep us on our toes! I can't wait to see what you do with it. The commentary between Bant and Obi was casual and realistic. Obi is the only one that is oblivious to his allure, which only makes him all the more appealing :)

This thing about Anakin and Qui coming back though, I don't know. If Yoda declared Qui dead, why would he change his mind after only a year? I'm interested in seeing how you are going to handle it. And I forgot to mention how much I love how the King made Qui squirm as well. That was very well played out and forced Qui to face some things that he wasn't quite ready to deal with.

Mace sees right through the little brat I see :) I'm sure everyone else will as well. Can't wait to see what Yoda senses from the young man. I'm with everyone else on that I can't wait for the inevitable confrontation to occur between Qui and Obi. Obi's made quite a name for himself and is well adjusted and loved-wonder how Qui will feel about that? He should be happy, but ya never know with that man.

Hope you get that post up before you leave. I'd hate to have to wait til you get back :O Keep up the great work, Mel!

-Shan
dark angel chapter 7 . 9/19/2002
oh i LOVE this story! i hope when Master Jackass gets back to the Temple with The Whiner he'll c Obi has a new life and doesnt need him do lots a mean stuff to anakin the loser, plez!god i hate that little skanger!but what i really hope doesnt happen is that u have Obi suddenly forgive Qui and he and Anakin become best friends and they all live happily ever after, i no u wont but i hate when that i love this and cant wait 4 the next post so hurry!
Heidi M chapter 8 . 9/19/2002
lol, cant wait to read when Qui finds out that Obi is a knight, lol

I know that this is starting to sound boring but...PLEASE kill ani at some point, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Oh and this Adi twist is something...new..

I dont know if I like it yet, you have to post more G
MysticalMagic chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
Just read these seven chapters in one sitting. I am a fan of post tpm stories just like this one...and it is excellent
Shanobi chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Brilliant chapter Mel! I don't have time to go into all that I loved about this one, so I'll be back :)

-Shan
mysticshill chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Thank you for posting so regularly!

I love your story, in fact there is not anything I would change. So continue on.

I love the idea of Qui-Gon going back to the Temple with Anakin. I'm hoping for a bit of a confrontation of some sort between Obi and Qui. Should be interesting to see how you do it. I'm also waiting to see Anakin display some of his more negative emotions to the members of the Temple.

Until later next time keep it up!
jessewriter chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Hi all,

I know you guys have asked a few questions and I would love to answer them but part of the fun of reading is not knowing what is going to happen so I am afriad I am extending to angst to include each of you...evil laugh...sorry honestly I don't know exactly what is going to happen yet so I can't tell ya.

I am thinking the next post will take me a couple of days. I know that I have thought that before and it hasn't taken me that long but I am venturing into unfamiliar territory and I want to make sure it is good before I submit it.

You guys are absolutely the best for giving me so much encouragement. I really want this story to be something special for each of you. Thanks for the patience and helpful hints you give so generosly.

Well just wanted to let you all know what the deal is if it takes me a few days to post. I am going out of town for the weekend so my goal is to post before I leave.

Thanks again

Mel
Cascadia chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
I liked the Obi-Wan/Adi interaction and what you're doing with it. As far as I know, it's an original idea to have them possibly romantically involved. And now I know Adi has blue eyes. Thank you so much. I had to make a small adjustment to my fic. :)

It came as a complete surprise for Mace to offer Qui-Gon to return to the Temple and train Anakin as his padawan. Nice development. I assume Obi and Qui will meet again soon. Can't wait for that and for the interaction between them.

I like the quick updates, but I don't know how you write so well so fast. Take all the time you need, though. :)

- Cas
JediGal101 chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Obi meets Master Block Head after 1 year...Can't wait for the angst!Keep going.
trrbd chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
I hate you, I hate you!

YOU'RE TOO GOOD OF A WRITER!

I am insanely jealous. ;) (I'm kidding, if you hadn't guessed)

Adi and Obi-Wan - oh I LOVE that. It was so cute and I liked how Adi commented on his butt. And then Bant . . . and Obi-Wan the Oblivious. My cheeks hurt from smiling through that whole part.

Well, I can see that Qui-Gon is beginning to realize how stupid he is and how he is treating Ani is different from normal. Will he realize that he is making the same mistake with Anakin as he did with Xanatos? You'd think he'd have learned from that experience, but evidently not.

Anyway, great post! Loved it! Can't wait for more! :D
b chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
awesome he was finally knighted! can't wait for more to come so please update soon!
Heidi M chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
I love this fic!

Again wonderful job, you truly capture the emotions well.

Anyhoo, would you please kick Qui-Gon's ass and kill Ani, then I'm 200% happy ::VBG::

Update soon _