Reviews for Broken Promises and New Beginnings
jessewriter chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Hi all,

I know you guys have asked a few questions and I would love to answer them but part of the fun of reading is not knowing what is going to happen so I am afriad I am extending to angst to include each of you...evil laugh...sorry honestly I don't know exactly what is going to happen yet so I can't tell ya.

I am thinking the next post will take me a couple of days. I know that I have thought that before and it hasn't taken me that long but I am venturing into unfamiliar territory and I want to make sure it is good before I submit it.

You guys are absolutely the best for giving me so much encouragement. I really want this story to be something special for each of you. Thanks for the patience and helpful hints you give so generosly.

Well just wanted to let you all know what the deal is if it takes me a few days to post. I am going out of town for the weekend so my goal is to post before I leave.

Thanks again

Cascadia chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
I liked the Obi-Wan/Adi interaction and what you're doing with it. As far as I know, it's an original idea to have them possibly romantically involved. And now I know Adi has blue eyes. Thank you so much. I had to make a small adjustment to my fic. :)

It came as a complete surprise for Mace to offer Qui-Gon to return to the Temple and train Anakin as his padawan. Nice development. I assume Obi and Qui will meet again soon. Can't wait for that and for the interaction between them.

I like the quick updates, but I don't know how you write so well so fast. Take all the time you need, though. :)

- Cas
JediGal101 chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Obi meets Master Block Head after 1 year...Can't wait for the angst!Keep going.
obaona chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
I hate you, I hate you!

I am insanely jealous. ;) (I'm kidding, if you hadn't guessed)

Adi and Obi-Wan - oh I LOVE that. It was so cute and I liked how Adi commented on his butt. And then Bant . . . and Obi-Wan the Oblivious. My cheeks hurt from smiling through that whole part.

Well, I can see that Qui-Gon is beginning to realize how stupid he is and how he is treating Ani is different from normal. Will he realize that he is making the same mistake with Anakin as he did with Xanatos? You'd think he'd have learned from that experience, but evidently not.

Anyway, great post! Loved it! Can't wait for more! :D
b chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
awesome he was finally knighted! can't wait for more to come so please update soon!
Heidi M chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
I love this fic!

Again wonderful job, you truly capture the emotions well.

Anyhoo, would you please kick Qui-Gon's ass and kill Ani, then I'm 200% happy ::VBG::

Update soon _
Cascadia chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
I finally got the chance to read this. You're doing a nice job of expanding on elements from AUF and TPM.

The interaction between Padme and Obi-Wan was refreshing and seemed believable to me. It's nice that Obi-Wan was taken in by Yoda and knighted.

Your handling of the lightsabre fight was fine, IMO. And I think you're doing better with the breaking up of paragraphs.

I like that you're showing us what's happening with Qui-Gon and Anakin. I'm anxious to see how the boy continues under Qui-Gon's tutelage.

Keep up the good work! And take all the time you need with it.

- Cas
mysticshill chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
Hey, I just found this and read it all the way through. WOW I LOVED it. I think it is a great continuation of the story. I am very excited to see what you will do with it. Are you gonna carry it all the way through to Anakin's turning (assuming he does)? Please continue soon, but don't rush...I look forward to the rest being as good as the beginning!
obaona chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
Amazing, fantastic . . . *goes to find thesaurus*

Well . . . *can't find thesaurus* great post! :D
Shanobi chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
You are so spoiling us, Mel! Two posts in one day! I love it. So now we're going to be skipping ahead one year right?

Add all the parts you want if they are like this post. I love the part where Obi latched onto Bant and asked her not to leave, and then when everyone left and he put his head on her shoulder-AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That was just so damn sweet! I mean it. I found that really touching. I like the easy relationship between the two.

Mace's words to Obi were heartwarming as well. Everyone seems to know how special Obi is - - even Qui, though he is too busy stabbing him in the back under the guise of the 'force.' The light humor was well placed and very well written. You do have a knack for the dialogue and keeping everyone in character as well.

It's been awhile since i've found a fic as engrossing as this. I'm really enjoying it. Keep it up :)

Angel chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
More! More! More! Please! Are Qui and Obi gonna ever sort themselves out? Huh? Huh?
Shanobi chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
That was a lovely little interval, Mel. I quite enjoyed it. Loved the interaction with Padme and Obi-Wan. And that was a nice little piece of foreboding with the Chancellor as well. I'm glad Padme picked up on it.

Anakin's meditation was quite disturbing and enlightening. Qui is in for a ride by the looks of it - -He's gonna have his hands full there. He really jumped into that situation without taking thought for anything (or anyone) else.

Love where you're going with this Mel. Can't wait to see how it all works out. It's amazing how each individual person can put their own spin on essentially the same plot. Personally, I like our versions much beter than GL's :)

Keep up the good work.

Ciria chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
You're an angel, you know, updating your story so often! I'm hoping that this will be in the future obidala, but it's something only you can decide...

I can't wait to see what will happen in the future chapters.
200 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »