Reviews for Broken Promises and New Beginnings
Cascadia chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
I liked the Obi-Wan/Adi interaction and what you're doing with it. As far as I know, it's an original idea to have them possibly romantically involved. And now I know Adi has blue eyes. Thank you so much. I had to make a small adjustment to my fic. :)

It came as a complete surprise for Mace to offer Qui-Gon to return to the Temple and train Anakin as his padawan. Nice development. I assume Obi and Qui will meet again soon. Can't wait for that and for the interaction between them.

I like the quick updates, but I don't know how you write so well so fast. Take all the time you need, though. :)

- Cas
JediGal101 chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
Obi meets Master Block Head after 1 year...Can't wait for the angst!Keep going.
obaona chapter 8 . 9/18/2002
I hate you, I hate you!

YOU'RE TOO GOOD OF A WRITER!

I am insanely jealous. ;) (I'm kidding, if you hadn't guessed)

Adi and Obi-Wan - oh I LOVE that. It was so cute and I liked how Adi commented on his butt. And then Bant . . . and Obi-Wan the Oblivious. My cheeks hurt from smiling through that whole part.

Well, I can see that Qui-Gon is beginning to realize how stupid he is and how he is treating Ani is different from normal. Will he realize that he is making the same mistake with Anakin as he did with Xanatos? You'd think he'd have learned from that experience, but evidently not.

Anyway, great post! Loved it! Can't wait for more! :D
CYNICAL21 chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
Very vivid imagery, and excellent character development. And, oh, yes, I can tell already that, by the time you're done, I'm going to want to drag Ani out behind the woodshed. Shoot - I already do. I love where you're going with this - and I loved the fact that Qui-Gon had to undergo major squirming under the king's interrogation. It's marvelous that he should be reminded so constantly just what he threw away - and we can only hope he will eventually understand that the cost of training his precious Chosen One is going to be - in the end - more than he can bear.

Take you time in developing your story. To generate good fiction requires both time and effort - and, if you're like me, lots and lots of rewrites.

CYN
b chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
awesome he was finally knighted! can't wait for more to come so please update soon!
Heidi M chapter 7 . 9/18/2002
I love this fic!

Again wonderful job, you truly capture the emotions well.

Anyhoo, would you please kick Qui-Gon's ass and kill Ani, then I'm 200% happy ::VBG::

Update soon _
Cascadia chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
I finally got the chance to read this. You're doing a nice job of expanding on elements from AUF and TPM.

The interaction between Padme and Obi-Wan was refreshing and seemed believable to me. It's nice that Obi-Wan was taken in by Yoda and knighted.

Your handling of the lightsabre fight was fine, IMO. And I think you're doing better with the breaking up of paragraphs.

I like that you're showing us what's happening with Qui-Gon and Anakin. I'm anxious to see how the boy continues under Qui-Gon's tutelage.

Keep up the good work! And take all the time you need with it.

- Cas
mysticshill chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
Hey, I just found this and read it all the way through. WOW I LOVED it. I think it is a great continuation of the story. I am very excited to see what you will do with it. Are you gonna carry it all the way through to Anakin's turning (assuming he does)? Please continue soon, but don't rush...I look forward to the rest being as good as the beginning!
obaona chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
Amazing, fantastic . . . *goes to find thesaurus*

Well . . . *can't find thesaurus* great post! :D
Shanobi chapter 7 . 9/17/2002
You are so spoiling us, Mel! Two posts in one day! I love it. So now we're going to be skipping ahead one year right?

Add all the parts you want if they are like this post. I love the part where Obi latched onto Bant and asked her not to leave, and then when everyone left and he put his head on her shoulder-AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That was just so damn sweet! I mean it. I found that really touching. I like the easy relationship between the two.

Mace's words to Obi were heartwarming as well. Everyone seems to know how special Obi is - - even Qui, though he is too busy stabbing him in the back under the guise of the 'force.' The light humor was well placed and very well written. You do have a knack for the dialogue and keeping everyone in character as well.

It's been awhile since i've found a fic as engrossing as this. I'm really enjoying it. Keep it up :)

-Shan
Angel chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
More! More! More! Please! Are Qui and Obi gonna ever sort themselves out? Huh? Huh?
CYNICAL21 chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
I am seriously impressed - and tremendously gratified that you chose to expand on the AU that existed in my story. This is truly compelling - and I can't wait to read more. The Obi/Yoda pairing is inspired; Ani is the perfect little brat that I've always known he was - only more so, and Qui-Gon? Geez, Girl - I thought MY Qui-Gon was hateful and maddening; but yours? How dare that huge, insensitive lout say that to MY Obi? In my story, most people just wanted to beat the big bastard into a bloody pulp; in yours, I say we just skip the preliminaries - and skewer the bounder on his own lightsaber!

Great job. Keep it coming - please.

One technical hint - for clarity's sake, insert a row of asterisks - or 8's - or whatever - at the points of your scene breaks. That way, there's no confusion. But that's strictly a formality; other than that - don't change a thing.

In case you're wondering if I really like this, let me say that, if I had time, I'd offer to beta it for you - just for those technical concerns - and I have NEVER made such an offer to anyone before. Unfortunately, I DON'T have the time - but I wish I did. It would be an honor.

CYN
Shanobi chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
That was a lovely little interval, Mel. I quite enjoyed it. Loved the interaction with Padme and Obi-Wan. And that was a nice little piece of foreboding with the Chancellor as well. I'm glad Padme picked up on it.

Anakin's meditation was quite disturbing and enlightening. Qui is in for a ride by the looks of it - -He's gonna have his hands full there. He really jumped into that situation without taking thought for anything (or anyone) else.

Love where you're going with this Mel. Can't wait to see how it all works out. It's amazing how each individual person can put their own spin on essentially the same plot. Personally, I like our versions much beter than GL's :)

Keep up the good work.

-Shan
Ciria chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
You're an angel, you know, updating your story so often! I'm hoping that this will be in the future obidala, but it's something only you can decide...

I can't wait to see what will happen in the future chapters.
lighted eagle chapter 6 . 9/17/2002
interesting, good, needs update...yes very good!
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »