Reviews for Broken Promises and New Beginnings
kyjori chapter 2 . 8/24/2011
omg. this is a genius story. I freaking love the plot that has been set so far. Yoda replacing Qui-gon as Obi-wan's (my favorite character in the star wars franchise) master. hope this spans past TPM!
M-K chapter 19 . 8/14/2011
hi, i know u posted this ages ago but id just like you to know how amazing this story is and how much of a joy it was to read. Ive read it twice now and i still think it is a work of art. i hope you continue writing and im sure you will get published one day :-)

Thanks for a brilliant read :-)
hagadoe chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
wo I must regain my breath

it's great, the emotions ... I lack words, that makes three chapter that I'm in tears and I think I'll continue.

obi wan has been wrong in conversation with whom gon, but it by cons I find abhorrent, and I hope he will pay one way or another, after all this has done for him qu'obiwan , fine thanks!

cursed jinn jedi master
hentai18ancilla chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I am glad he gets a new master, Obi deserves it.
EmeraldWings90 chapter 4 . 9/28/2009
Hello! I just started reading this and I already love it. I love Obi-Wan as a character, as well as Master Yoda (the only full-size poster I have is of him ;) ) so I think I'm really going to like this. :) It's brilliantly-written and heartbreaking.

SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 18 . 7/3/2009
If this is 'mild angst'I'ld like to know what your deffinition of 'moderate' or 'severe' angst is.

Fantastic revalation to Quigon in chapter 15-18 of his mistake. I keep reading these stories about Obiwan and his pain at his master's rejection- and it just makes me want to scream at Quigon "You fucked up." (please pardon my language...) I addmitt, my eyes wattered. [i]Verry[/i] few fics manage this.

It actualy reminds me a lot of the song 'Perfect' by Simple Plan, and Bonnie Riatt's "I can't make you love me". Clique, I know...

It does make me wonder if on some level (deep, deep down) Obiwan was jealous of Anakin (at least initialy), and the aparent ease of his life- how it seems everything was given to him, and he didn't have to work for it.

Admittedly I do not like how dark Anakin is in this, but I can't fault your explaination of him finding solace in the darkness.

The thing that really gets me about this fic is its realism. There isn't a 'lets make up -hugs kisses- and everything can go back to normal now'- because, lets face it, after a hurt like that life does not, and never will become the way it once was.

Anyway, looking forward to the sequell! -goes to read it-
albeva chapter 3 . 4/12/2009
this is an interesting story but VERY hard to read. Story should "flow" easily when one reads it. Not need a manual to decipher what some notation or other means. Thoughts and such should be obvious not need special notation.
albeva chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
your story sounds interesting. However although you finished it long time ago it would be nice if you would consider doing some editing. Such as breaking up text into paragraphs and use for example italic text to denote thoughts or mental conversations and such.
TheMacUnleashed chapter 19 . 1/4/2009
Great job! I love stories like this, where Qui-Gon survived TPM and hope to one day write my own, although that's completely irrelevant.

So many stories that follow this line are unrealistic, but you left no plot holes. The characters were all very realistic, and you certainly have a dufferent pairing here, which I think is a good thing. I've never really considered Obi/Adi, but this kind of made me think.

To sum it up, awesome story, and I'm off to read the sequel! :-)
Kajia chapter 3 . 1/22/2008
wow... well usually I wait to have finished all that is available of the story before reviewing but well you caught me off guard

your characters are perfectly well... in character

l I had a slight doubt though... is Anakin emphazizing the word"Master" on purpose so toenlithens to Obi-wan that it was HIS place now?it would be very cruel of him (well we all know the cruelty of the children anyway..)

anyway I must congratulate you because that must be the first time I'm crying because I'm so taken in the story like I was

well sometimes I may let escape tears in one or another fanfiction it's true but it usually involves major dying or something

the situation would have rahter called to m fury (yeah yeah I didn't wait for you to hate Qui-gon...tsskk and to think than even dead he's still there bothering us...)

well anyway it was just perfect how you pictured their conversation... I could rightly see it

I don't know what pb you had with the facial expression but it seemed perfect to me

well QG's outburst was a little surprising (I'm not surprised tha he reacted badly but in that proportion...) ahah "Obi-Wan Kenobi's Replacement" in no time you'll be desperate to have sweet Obi-wan back instead of that annoying arrogant brat that Anakin will obviously become (all the more with someone continually praising him)

well it's obvious that Obi-wan is not even gonna be angry with QG and that i's not a question of forgiveness... I relinquish in the fact that QG's own words as long with the knowing that he's broken the boy will haunt him forever (yeah that would be much worse than anger... I hope that he will suffer A LOT in the next chapters )

well anyway to sum it all: really great story we're totally taken in it and can't hlp but feel the pain along with Obi-Wan

oh and also... don't know why but I thought Windu would train him... Yoda seem a little too...occupied for the job (with the youngling and his statue in the Temmple and all..) but well we'll see how this will come
Elaine du Lac chapter 9 . 7/10/2007
I thought that Jedi were supposed to be celibate? No attachments remember? Crushes are fine as long as nothing is done about them. So is this kinda AU because they are allowed romantic liaisons?
JennMel chapter 18 . 6/3/2007
This as a really good story. I especially loved the characterisation of Obi, Qui and Yoda - the inner dialogue always seemed really inkeeping.

I'm intrigued as to how this story will continue in the sequels, especially concerning Anakin. Not quite sure about the whole romance thing you had going on, and the way the order accepted what's forbidden by the code, but on the whole, an excellent, addictive read.

Good work!
Laureline chapter 19 . 2/18/2007
I liked reading your story, it was interesting, especially the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan interaction. Anakin is an intriguing character. I look forward to reading the sequel. ;)

One small criticism (I know, this story is several years old and finished): the whole Obi-Wan and Adi Gallia thing spoiled the story for me a bit - at one point, I was just skipping those parts. I don't get what it brings to the story and, from what I understand, "dating" and "Jedi" do not go together. So I don't really understand why you felt it would be necessary to add this aspect to a fanfic which already had an interesting subject.
Darth Skywalker 23 chapter 2 . 8/15/2005