Reviews for Broken Promises and New Beginnings
AllyrienDM chapter 3 . 11/20/2002
*starts crying* that's awful! Poor Obi!
Always an Angel chapter 18 . 10/28/2002
GREAT GREAT GREAT! I LOVED it!-very well written also-Obi-Wan is sooo forgiving-Obi-Wan rox-I feel so bad for him though-even after his and qui-gons convo-go obi-wan! you are so strong! anyways i say again well written cant wait to read the sequel!
shanobi chapter 19 . 10/26/2002
Whoa, great summary Mel! Way to be ominous :) I've been waiting patiently for this so i'm glad you've decided to start posting soon.

Your plot sounds very intriguing and complex. Good luck with it and i'll be hanging on every word. Can't wait.

-Shan
Shanobi chapter 18 . 10/5/2002
Hey Mel. I think I sent you an e-mail about this last post, but thought i'd review also. What a lovely way to end this fic of yours, of course it's not really the end though now is it ;)

I really loved how you handled things with Obi and Qui. They were both very. . . . jedi like :) Hey, that's how they should act. They are both adults and are mature and rational. I think it was a very realistic way for them to have come to terms with what happened between them. And the outbursts that took place before they could do that were very realistic as well. They both had to come to terms with their emotions.

The role reversal with Obi comforting Qui was a little bit of a surprise, but did show us how much Obi has grown in his year without Qui. I liked how he told Qui that he no longer had the right to call him 'my Obi-Wan.' And that Obi referred to Yoda as his master. It was said tactfully and with respect to Qui's feelings, but at the same time i'm like 'Yeah baby! Stick it to him! Yes, i'm a bit of a sadist-especially where Qui is concerned. He hurt our Obi, I don't take that lightly at all.

Anyways, I know what you mean about getting absorbed in your fic. I really applaude you for getting it out so quick. It took me nine months to write Going Home, and you surpased me in length a few chapters ago :)

Take you time with the sequel. We'll be waiting patiently to read it whenever you are ready. Thanks for such a wonderful and well written ride, Mel.

-Shan
sassy-satine chapter 18 . 10/4/2002
Oh My God! That was absolutely fantastic! And you know I mean it, I loved it mel! You are so talented my friend, I almost cried this time,I was so close to it my eyes were welling and my throat was tight. The way you expressed the emotion wasspot on and you did a great job, can't wait for the sequel. Good Job!
Havoc chapter 18 . 10/3/2002
What a great story! I'm so sad it's over, but I am really looking forward to the sequel! I have the feeling Qui-Gon isn't done being a bonehead yet.

Oh, ummm... will there be any character appearances from Cyn's AUF? Hopefully! I'd love to see Arain Fermia again...! He was a great friend/father figure for Obi-Wan.

Thanks for a wonderful story!
jedi71 chapter 18 . 10/3/2002
Bravo!, this was much better than any "action" laden fic I've read lately, the emotion and the realization that you can't go back, but only forward on your on terms, made this so good. I could'nt wait for each new post, I for one am very looking forward to the sequel. :) 7
Heidi M chapter 18 . 10/3/2002
Oh wow! Awesome chapter, awesome! Cant wait to read the sequel _
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
what a good ending-very realistic. the way you played out the emotions was believable and touching and very fitting. i know that i am anxiously awaiting the sequel and i also know that good things comes to those who wait :)

faye
History chapter 18 . 10/2/2002
Congratulations on writing a very interesting and dynamic story. I really liked the way you wrote the characters, Qui Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin. You detailed their personalities by highlighting the admirable qualities and their flaws.

I have enjoyed reading your story the last few weeks, and I look forward to its sequal. Thank you.
maxwig chapter 18 . 10/2/2002
Absolutely stunning! I have read many pieces of fiction on these boards and can say this has been one of my favorites.

I enjoyed the reconciliation between Obi-Wan and Qui-gon and was so enthralled to see it handled so intelligently. How true it is that their relationship could not possible return to what it was. Great job.

Oh and please let me tell you how truly happy I was with the frequency of your posts. From the start it was clear that your story was well-thought out and you knew where you were going AND most importantly, your weren't going to leave us hanging and never finish the fiction. Thanks so much for that effort. I anxiously await your sequel and hope to see more and more from you on the boards.
Has-Bei Padolsa chapter 18 . 10/2/2002
Thanks for sharing.
b chapter 18 . 10/2/2002
great ending to the story, im glad they confronted each other and said what was needed to be said, can't wait for the sequel! please write it soon!
BlueElli chapter 18 . 10/2/2002
Awww! That's so sad, sweet! *Sobs and hands a tissue box around*

Wonderful job with the entire fic, and I CAN'T WAIT for the sequel! Yay! Thanks for writing it! It was so great!
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »