Reviews for I Miss You
Thecrazyrabidfangirl chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
I really enjoyed this story. The beginning and middle sections were engaging; I was chuckling at the interplay between Madoka and Homura and I was very interested to see where it was going. Sadly, however, it didn't go much of anywhere.

Now don't get me wrong, as I said, I liked the story and it's very good and well written. The problem is that the ending doesn't deliver on the build-up throughout the story. To be honest, the final section feels rushed, that's the best way to put it. It wasn't particularly bad, it just felt lacking.

I was hoping to see some kind of resolution or impact on Homura's character relating to her selfish desire to basically cheat on Madoka for completely physical reasons. After spending so long trying to protect Madoka, she just wants to break it off because Madoka isn't technically 'there' and isn't willing to wait. OK, I can suspend my disbelief and buy this near-radical change in character, I mean, people can change, and I can see how years of having your one-true-love 'there' but not tangibly 'there' can take its toll.

However, the caveat to me buying this premise is that there must be some character arc or impact in the ending that justifies it. The way Madoka handled Homura's decision to break off their 'relationship' was the only on-point character aspect that kept me thinking that there would be some form of resolution. I fully expected Homura to, in actuality, be projecting her feelings for Madoka on a physical girl because Madoka wasn't there, or for there to be at least some form of regret or remorse for leaving Madoka and her seeking forgiveness.

Well... there was none of that, in fact the ending baffled me. Madoka returns from god-land, her Godoka work complete, and... she's the one asking Homura for some form of forgiveness? This is like role-reversal except it has absolutely no place in the story. Homura should have been the one asking for forgiveness or having some kind of character change.

In the end though, I enjoyed the story, enough to give it a favorite in fact. It was fun through the beginning and middle parts. The only drawback was that the ending was disappointing, it just could have been a lot deeper and more meaningful. But that's just my opinion.

Rabidfangirl
A Cynical Illogical Ideologist chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
I have Type M Diabetes because of you now. Thank you.
Psykoakuma chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Oh MY! The things we do for love!
Very unusual and interesting! I was half expecting Madoka to go yandere at some point. When she really wanted Homura to look under the bed I got some very creepy feelings! But this was a story about powerful emotions tempered by a desire for a certain future that could only happen if everything was done just right. In a way it's like Madoka took on Homura's earlier role. Of course, being a goddess she knew exactly what she had to do. So it came down to trusting that Madoka really was acting out of love rather than spite.
When the end finally came, it was a little overwhelming!