Reviews for The Up Side and Down Side of Being in Love with A Kirkland
Chiisaioni chapter 5 . 12/5/2014
What are you saying?! You're absolutely not bad at writing smut!
That was hot. And accurate. Long smuts are unrealistic - nobody can have sex for hours and not comming even once.
Good job! :)
OutToGarden chapter 8 . 8/3/2014
This story deeply touched me. Don't belittle yourself as a bad writer. Yes, at times the typos were rather present and Arthur was out of character for half the story, but the emotions throughout just felt so genuine and everything seemed like such a nice slice of life kind of fic. I think it had great pacing and you did a really good job! As an ex-cutter, it was moving to read this and watch Alfred and Arthur progress together.
Arista chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
I have some questions you might consider:

Your chapters are extremely long, there could have been 2, 3 or even 4 chapters for this one particular first chapter.

Who is Archie, and Thom? Are they OC's if they are, are they Arthur's siblings? Or are they his friends from the crew? When I imagined Arthur's sleepover, I imagined just the four hetalia characters, then BAM, two OC's outta nowhere huehuehue

Other than that, this is going well!
BW chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
One part during the movie Archie screamed; "Harry! Take out your wand!"

...Oh my! I did the exactly same thing when I watched the movie in theatre! XDDD

Poor Alfred... I am not used to read Fic that Al was so lack of self-confident I love the Al being airhead and laugh-loving but meanwhile I like your writing and unusual that Al was not sort of ass jork when meet a Punk!Arthur! Yeah I akways love Punk!Arthur;p

Being strong Alfred! You can make it!
ThatCrazyGirlReading chapter 8 . 12/7/2013
loved it, this made me scream and almost cry and laugh damn i hate these boys they make me remember how pathetic my love life is...i don't even have a boyfriend! THese boys are so cute and i love the song they keep singing to. well i must sleep goodnight/goodmorning
xxrainbowdashiexx chapter 8 . 12/3/2013
Please keep writing fanfiction... This is like awesome and like I cried and I love you
Guest chapter 8 . 11/5/2013
God damn amazing. You, are the best writer in the whol freakin' world. Everything was perfect, and it felt like it was a real life story. Awesome job!
wintergenisis chapter 8 . 10/31/2013
This was such a beautiful story. I can relate to it on a deeply personal level. I bet a lot of others can, as well. I'm definitely favoriting this one :)
wintergenisis chapter 4 . 10/31/2013
Okay but no. Seriously. Trigger warnings. Not to go all Kankri on you (cuz now I know you're into Homestuck) but FOR THE LOVE OF TROLL JEGUS TAG YOUR TRIGGERS!
Like, I'm being so serious right now. I said I was awesome and couldn't be triggered. I've read shit like this before. Well, the beginning of the chapter severely triggered me and I had t spend ten minutes staring at my left arm talking to myself and stroking it telling myself it was okay and there was nothing there. It was tingling like a motherfucker. I was honestly freaked the fuck out there for a bit. Because I felt what Alfred was doing to himself. I felt it because I -knew.-
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything like that, but seriously. If my anxiety problem was any worse I may have had a panic attack or something.
I don't know when you'll see these reviews of mine, but when you see them, please insert trigger warnings. Please, please please for the love of God just do it.
wintergenisis chapter 3 . 10/30/2013
I love you for the Homestuck reference! :D
wintergenisis chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Wow. Just finished the first chapter. It's already giving me that super happy, giddy and excited feelin! I just love fics like this, and you're a skilled writer so that makes it all the better!
The only thing that I would say is to have a trigger warning for all the intense bullying (this is more assault and battery than bullying) and also the cutting. I used to cut, so I can relate extremely well to Alfred right now. But people who aren't quite as awesome as me may be seriously triggered by this, and I just wanted to point that out! :D
Natashaurbestie chapter 7 . 10/20/2013
This is beautiful
MusicLively chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
You know this is beautiful Like I love this like I love Doctor Who
Calexy chapter 8 . 10/15/2013
This has easily been one of the best USUK fan fictions I have ever read. It never ceased to surprise me, I mean, how did you think of a house fire as a plot twist? And the emotions. It was constantly making me super happy, and then making my hopes plummet down. When Arthur got Liam as a boyfriend, I almost cried. And you made the characters perfect! They weren't OCC or anything!
This is also the only USUK fan fiction that I've read that in the end Alfred and Arthur get married. I was squirming with happiness

Thank you so much for writing this! I enjoyed it soooo much! 3
Guest chapter 8 . 10/8/2013
Waaaaah I want to cry because it's over :'( beautiful story though and thank you for writing it!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »