Reviews for Angry Drabble
Allronix chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Well, I've been in Liam's position. (You've seen me on the Sphere...welcome sister!)

The bad is that the formatting's a bit clunky, detracting from some otherwise wonderful content.
rainbowswirl chapter 1 . 10/3/2002
Your point on censorship of the free expression of opinion is well-made, and I agree with your view as you wrote in your drabble. The free discussion of ideas and opinions, by adults, in public venues should not be infringed, including the right to disagree with and criticize the actions of public servants.

However, the situation at is a little different. As usual, you and a lot of other people are worried that your rights are being infringed in some fashion. (You seem to forget that is a private forum, not a public one.) But I have yet to hear you show awareness of the RESPONSIBILITY that goes along with free speech. It's a variant of the "Golden Rule". If your 'free speech' has the potential to do tangible harm to another, then you have a responsibility, even an obligation, to NOT speak. By 'tangible harm' I mean more than getting their feelings hurt. Children being overwhelmed by adult issues like sex and violence is definitely 'tangible harm'.

At fifteen, you are also too young for much of this, but in typical teenager fashion, you just want more and more freedom to do, say, read, see, anything you want, to reflexively rebel against authority just because it is authority, and flip off the idea of consequences. Consequences are for other people, not you. If they get hurt, well, that's their fault and not yours. You were just exercising your 'rights'.

Well, I'm exercising my rights here, too. I am saying what I think, without concern as to whether your little 'feelings' get hurt. How does it feel? Don't like it? Feel angry? Want to blast me back? Consider that that's how you are making lots of other people feel with your ranting and self-centered focus on your 'rights'.

So, the question is, are you going to react with self-righteous anger, or are you going to really think through the consequences of your opinions on this issue? Can you begin to look at this from both sides, or will you continue to see only the infringement of your personal rights? Are you capable of looking at society's welfare in protecting its children, and balance that against the individual's rights and responsibilities? If you can at least consider this, then you're on the road to maturity as an adult. If not, then you continue to prove yourself an immature, if precocious, young teen whose opinions will be smiled at indulgently like you smile at the antics of a toddler.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
There is another site that allows any kind of rating: .net
Chibinaoka chapter 1 . 9/17/2002
What! NOOOOOO! I'm going to miss you here! Even thought I've only read one or two of your fics, I still liked it alot. Especaily your fic 'Becomming'.

I can see how your fic relates to our rights of speach. Even thought I think that Nc-17 stories should'nt be in catagories for little kids and that I'm not a huge fan of them, I still think that they should'nt take them down from the site. They should have a seperate section for those kinds of stories. They are, in a way, taking away our creative rights.

Anyway, you will be greatly missted Adnesle. Good luck in the futur with your writting and I hope that this isantent dosen't discourage you from writting.

Bye...
Kira chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
Hi,

Ive read and enjoyed all your stories.

In this ony you say your moving to a new site and to Email you for the site address.

But you haven't included your Email Address.

Please Please could I have the address of where your sories will be posted so that I can continue to read and enjoy them.

Kir.
Much chapter 1 . 9/13/2002
Adnesle, I understand your emotions. I feel it too.

Like I said over on EZBoard: Why is sex considered bad for kids, when stories that portray war, torture and violence in graphic detail are okay?

I'll see you at EZBoard, girl!