Reviews for The Thorny Rose
Gracques chapter 1 . 11/29/2021
This fanfiction looks promising, after reading the first chapter. My main concerns are the Ron bashing, the fact that Ginny seems to have been turned into a character who solves all problems and knows everything, and Harry unrationally revealing his biggest secrets to Ginny. Still, I’m going to chapter 2 because this story looks good despite all this.

And with me, you don’t have to worry about fanatic comments for another pairing. I’m already a Harry/Ginny supporter, and even if I wasn’t, I tend to give their chance to other pairings (except when some just go too far, like Harry/Bellatrix or Hermione/Voldemort).
Guest chapter 10 . 10/21/2021
Hh
owl3764 chapter 10 . 10/21/2021
I enjoyed this a lot. I like a smart Ginny and having Ron's true colours show through. I really don't see how Hermione ever saw anything 'wonderful' about him in canon... it seemed ridiculous. Lovers of Ron should really be asking themselves a lot of questions of what a relationship is. Constant arguments and insults does not normally attract a partner, unless they've deep psychological issues that need addressing.
Looking forward to the next story.
Regards
Alpenwolf chapter 10 . 9/15/2021
Typical Ron, never seeing that he does anything wrong.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2021
Fv
Kesshiv chapter 3 . 7/24/2021
Enjoying the story, but the Author's notes are Ace!
StellaStarMagic chapter 11 . 7/12/2021
an old classic, really. always a good, entertaining read.
Samwise Pevensie chapter 11 . 7/10/2021
I am not keen on Harry / Ginny but you have made this work really well. Thank you.
Dovahkiin1503 chapter 1 . 5/3/2021
Up until resently, I only knew Ginny's character from the movies... I can say they did her a disservice. Because I only really knew her character from the movies, I admit that I fell into the bash Ginny trap.

I think that the people who write the Ginny is after Harry's gold stories, know her from the movies only and again I admit I too fell in that trap.

And while Ginny/Harry will never be my favourite pairing (those will either be Harry/Daphne or Harry/Fleur), I have to say you are putting a nice twist on it and even with consiquences from CoS. I will try to read more of them.

Also is it just me or did Rowling miss a very big oppertunity for Harry and Ginny to become friends in Harry's third year? I mean the Dementors would probably have a very big effect on Ginny with her possesion and all that. And as a final thought, I really didn't like Arthur's reaction to the dairy and what he said to Ginny. "Never trust something if you cannot see where it keeps it's brain." My reaction to that is "And what about the bloody Sorting Hat Mr. Weasley?"
ChuckTheElf chapter 10 . 2/4/2021
H/G paring isn't really too logical in my book; Ginny might as well be Susan Bones or another tertiary character Harry shows minimal interest in. However, you've done a great job in developing a minor character into a primary one!
SarahOlivier chapter 8 . 1/31/2021
Why is Harry talking to Hermione?
acespotter chapter 11 . 1/4/2021
This is the second time I have read these stories. They are well written and very enjoyable.
Brother Grimace chapter 1 . 11/30/2020
I just started and I came across this: 'You see, little Ginny Weasley had big plans for that raven-haired young man. As far as she was concerned he was her future. He held the promise of a life of excitement and fulfilment for her, and that was something she intended to fight for.'

This is 'fangirl Ginny', pure and simple. I really hope that she changes, because this right here? It's why I never liked 'Hinny'.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/16/2020
I am in love with ginny..mwuahhhhh
Stiru chapter 4 . 11/16/2020
Damnnnn...Ginny was amazing in i were a boy I probably would have fallen in love with her...especially her confrontation with hermione..kudos to u bro ;)