Reviews for The Thorny Rose
Concolor44 chapter 9 . 10/9
Also, if I may, the way you handle "Slythendor" Ginny is quite masterful. You've expanded her character a great deal while keeping her IN character. That's not a trick just anyone can pull off.
Concolor44 chapter 10 . 10/9
Top-notch work, that! I liked the various places where Ginny's presence twisted the plot. Nicely done!

I have your sequel cued up.

Adding to Favorites.
SarahOlivier chapter 4 . 9/27
I hope Harry doesn't forgive Hermione. She is a good friend
Dj
Ch
Dy
Leaf Ranger chapter 10 . 8/20
heh, this was quite a great fanfic. Glad my friend sent it to me. I love the majority of twists, how things changed overall in the fanfic.

I'll admit, I wasn't entirely happy about Neville turning into an idiot, but it was your call, and your explanation for it was reasonable. Just hope he grows out of it.

And awesome, not only is Sirius a free man, but voldemort hasn't returned! At least not yet.

And Ron is a mega idiot...to be honest, I really didn't like him. I mean, the only thing he really does is just being harry's friend. Which is all fine and good for the normal side of harry, but Ginny was spot on: Harry needs more then that for his life. And Ron can fight, but it takes pretty much being on like four separate death adventures to reach that point. I really do think Neville would have been a much better guy friend for HArry from the start, rather then Ron.

anyways, looking forward to the next part! *goes to start it*
pix25 chapter 11 . 8/1
Brilliant story, I loved it
To
Navn Ukjent chapter 11 . 3/11
Nice fic, and good job on avoiding quite a few common HP tropes.

I look forward to reading the sequel.
RHJunior chapter 4 . 2/27
You know this story would have been worlds better if you wrote about the Ron Weasley that was actually in the books... You know, the one who faced down monsters, murderers and maniacs at Harry's side unflinchingly. Who got into NEWT level classes on his own merits (no amount of help on his revisions by Hermione "lets use a time machine to get more homework!" Granger could help him on the tests or the practicals.) Who was a cracking good wizard who performed nonverbal magic on several occasions before third year, cast upper level curses with a mis-matched and BROKEN wand, outperformed Hermione in training for Dumbledore's Army, and took on Death Eaters in head-to-head fights before he was even in sixth year. AND Whose quick thinking saved all their asses on multiple occasions, from first year right to the last.

Who in CANON in the Goblet of fire wasn't JEALOUS (that was Hermione "clueless as a brick" Granger's conclusion), but upset that Harry had apparently taken off on yet another rule-breaking misadventure... without him. Who was shaken to his core when he clapped eyes on the first trial of the triwizard because he realized his best friend really WAS in peril and might even be killed.

Not this lazy, stupid, surly glutton (Try having five older brothers, two of whom regularly poisoned your food to test their experimental prank potions- you'd eat like a starving wolf too!) you've whipped up from fanon and bad movies.
RHJunior chapter 1 . 2/25
Ron was not jealous (that was Hermione's diagnosis, and that girl has all the interpersonal understanding of a teaspoon.) He was ***upset that Harry had apparently gone off on yet another rule-breaking adventure and left him out.***
fusion721 chapter 8 . 2/5
review for last chapter, I can't wait to see what harry and Ginny do the ugly pink toad.
mysuvone chapter 1 . 1/3
Hmmmm
Tenjo chapter 9 . 11/1/2019
You gotta be kissing me. There was progress, he was becoming the wizard she wanted him to be.. but then you do this. What was the point of his ‘growth’ if he’s apparently so inept that Ginny is solving issues for him that he solved himself in canon? I thought the story was about their relationship and her making him into a great wizard.. so far there’s not really an actual relationship and Harry’s completely reliant on Ginny and others by this point, hardly the ‘great wizard’ he’s supposed to be becoming.. Ginny solves all of his bloody problems for him, instead of actually helping him learn to deal with those issues himself.