Reviews for Hiatus
Oxford chapter 2 . 10/9
I just feel that I will enjoy this story. The beginning is pretty good. I haven't read many interesting post ST into darkness stories and this one is promising. Thank you for sharing it.
tanseynz chapter 10 . 8/12
A great story, and the plot concerning the Andorians was very well thought out. I confess I do have a soft spot for your Andorian professor. Didn't like the Carol/Kirk attraction, but a reader doesn't have to like everything to still enjoy a story, right? And I did like your main focus on her as a thoughtful, intelligent, weapons specialist struggling with the guilt about her father. Very well written.
This is by far one of my favorite stories! It's so well written and i couldn't stop smiling while Reading it. Maybe someday you'll write more
I loved it. Best "Into Darkness" story I've read in ages. I so hope you continue this sequence. Thanks!
This story is very well begun. It is interesting to view Uhura and Spock from Carol's POV. I liked the "Vulcan ruana". And I have long been a fan of the Andorian professor. Can't wait to see if Spock, Uhura and Carol will be able to solve his mystery and help him avoid further clan warfare. Thanks for a good read so far.
Botsey chapter 10 . 6/27/2014
Dear Notes:

My sister recommended this story to me late last night and I finally got to finish the last three chapters this afternoon.

Thank you so much for this really great fic. The budding understanding between so many of the characters was very enlightening. I also loved Marcus' clueless observations of Spock and Uhura in the beginning and finally her realization, to her benefit, at the very end.

I think the statement that stories about Carole Marcus are usually overlooked, but to my satisfaction, this was an outstanding exception.

Again, Notes, thank you.

Guest chapter 10 . 4/19/2014
great story. will you do a follow up? there are so few jim and carol shippers out there that its really tragic.
i've always liked their pairnig and since this is in the alternate timeline they don't have to go through the fiasco of the original series. please continue the good work.

I enjoyed this fic tremendously. thank you.
Nyotarules chapter 10 . 11/30/2013
I am not a TOS Carol Marcus fan so was prejudiced towards the reboot version. However you have redeemed her in this story. I doubt Carol Marcus in Starfleet will have a son and not let Kirk who had no father in his life not see his son. I doubt reboot Carol will get pregnant for Kirk anyway lol. BTW the hot chocolate scene is realistic, as a fellow Brit drinking tea is more associated with indigenous Brits of a certain age. Coffee is more common amongst the younger generation
Guest chapter 10 . 11/10/2013
I just got around to reading this story, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it! I liked the exploration of Carol's character, and was really intrigued seeing glimpses of Spock and Uhura through her eyes. I also loved seeing professor Artura again. He was such a fascinating OC from your academy era fics.

I know you are having fun writing for a different fandom these days, but I sincerely hope your muse will entice you to revisit trek, as I think there is much more to explore with someone like Carol and of course s/u and the others. This fic had a wonderful ending, but I must admit it's left me intrigued to see more of Carol and Uhura interacting, and perhaps even a short glimpse of what it was like for Spock and Uhura living in the ambassador suite. Anyway, good luck with your new stories, and thanks so much for providing such a wonderful post STID fic.
faithspeaks chapter 10 . 11/10/2013
Sorry for the lateness of my review...but you know how real life takes over...However, it was great knowing that when things settled this gem of a story would be waiting. I really enjoyed this update and of course feel a bit sad when i know its the conclusion of another great story. I really enjoyed you fleshing out Carol's character for made me care about here when STID didn't. I know you will be writing in the Elementary fandom and I hope your muse serves you well. I'll be re-reading all you S/U fics to tide me over in the interim. Thanks for sharing your matter what fandom you write in!
licha.s chapter 5 . 11/7/2013
great stories. hope you continue with the whole saga.
Lady Krystalyn chapter 10 . 11/6/2013
I absolutely loved reading this, you did a wonderful job. I wish there were more Carol fics out there, especially at the level of this story. Personally, I liked her in the movie and I think its sad that she gets either ignored or hated on. Your characterizations of the entire crew and extended cast (Spock Prime!) were very enjoyable and realistic, really a great bit of writing. Any chance you'll write something for the 5 year mission? I'd love more Carol/Jim and Spock/Uhura during that time :)
Wahoogal06 chapter 10 . 11/2/2013
What a sweet ending (no pun intended)! Sorry it took me so long to read this last update but I wanted to give it the time and attention it was due-and I'm glad I did. I hope that if Jim and Carol do move forward with a romantic relationship that it works out better for them than it did in the TOS timeline, although given how you've set things up for the early stages of their romance I'm betting it will. I really loved that little moment between Spock and Uhura that Carol catches. In just a few sentences you show us how deep and strong their love for one another is and it made me smile.

As always I'm sorry to see another one of your stories end but with "Sherlock Goes to Dixie" still in the works I know I won't be without my Notes fix for long! Thank you for sharing your work with all of us here on the site!
Flink88 chapter 10 . 10/29/2013
I really like how you switch between scenes. From a sweet scene between Spock and Uhura to the image of a marathon ending. The little touches you add - the raindrops, the table of electrolyte replacing refreshments - inject delightful colour into the piece. Very enjoyable.

I'm really glad Carol and Jim didn't kiss, though. There's something more satisfying about an ending that leaves us hanging like that. I really like seeing them at the beginning of their relationship. Do you think that in this universe they'll still have a child together? More importantly, do you think it'll actually work out? I always thought Carol Marcus from the film was a bit of a bitch for asking Kirk to stay out of his own son's life. Let's hope the death of her father has led to fundamental changes to that aspect of her character.

Ha! I noticed that reference you made to racy poetry. That's not the first time you've broken out the saucy haikus. Something you'd like to tell us, Notes?

There were a couple of points in this story that pulled me out of it slightly. But, overall it's been a really fun ride. Writing of a high standard as usual.

Just as an aside though, a British person who'd rather have hot chocolate than tea when visiting someone's house? That would never happen. It's such a cultural institution over here. We sit down together for tea when we're happy, when we're sad, when we need to have a difficult conversation, when we want to share some gossip, when we're thirsty, when we're bored. You could have just had a blazing argument with someone, but if they silently put a cup of tea in front of you it'd be seen as an olive branch. Offering to make tea for someone can even be a gesture of affection (friendship/familial). It doesn't matter if you're working class, middle class or upper class, if someone offers you a cup of tea and you're in their home (and British) then you damn well take it. Even if you're not thirsty. I'm not sure there's an equivalent in American culture. But, it's important to the majority of us. Things may change drastically in the Star Trek future. But, that sure won't.
aalegalzinha chapter 10 . 10/28/2013