Reviews for Invisible Ties
Myalko chapter 67 . 3/14/2019
Well, I just finished reading, and I've got to say this is the best Fire Emblem fic I've ever read, and definitely one of the best fanfictions in general that I've read as well. Well done. You deserve every bit of praise you've gotten.
Obsessive Reader chapter 30 . 3/12/2019
YOU MOTHER F*CKER! WHY MUST YOU GET IS ATTACHED TO CHARACTERS THEN KILL THEM!?
Myalko chapter 58 . 3/13/2019
Ok, so I've been binge-reading this for maybe a week and a half now and just now got to this chapter. On the topic of a sequel: absolutely yes. I know it's been years, but I doubt I'm alone when I say a sequel to this fic would be very well received.
348joey chapter 66 . 3/9/2019
Of course Vaike would flirt with Naga…

"Now go and slay a dragon for your mother."

"he's never once beaten me in single combat. Never."
"I'm standing right here!"

Say'ri, think your daughter might need some emotional support right now?

"You're… kinda heavy…"
"Y-you ass…"
348joey chapter 64 . 3/9/2019
"If you ever do that again I'll throw you off the boat while you're still in your armour,"
Robin really would make a great Plegian king. He's already got the attitude for it.

"What happened to that cave, huh?"
"I'm afraid I've grown accustomed to a certain standard of living,"
348joey chapter 63 . 3/9/2019
"She just so happened to have inherited her mother's intelligence! I can make use of that! If I need a wall broken down I'll call you, okay?!"

"I don't feel right unless something had to die to feed me."

"My second [favorite] thing in the world behind you,"
Morgan? Chrom? The Shepherds? Your coat?

"Can't sleep," Robin moaned, sitting back up and reaching for the nearest papers. "Dragon'll eat me…"
348joey chapter 62 . 3/9/2019
"I'm not carrying you this time."
You're one to talk…

Well, you misspelled "lightning", but at least you didn't spell it with an "e", so I don't have to put you on my naughty list.

"Of course I didn't know what I was doing! I never know what I'm doing! Ninety percent of what I do is made up on the spot!"
"There's a comforting thought,"

"Dammit, that was so much cooler than my Awakening,"

"Piss off, dying once was enough for one lifetime,"
It is for most people. Only a handful managed to die twice.

"We met Naga, the goddess…"
"Yes, and Robin just told her to 'piss off',"

"Why can't everyone we deal with be helpful like that?"
It'd be too easy.

"A monarch that takes in random amnesiac vagabonds and gives them unreasonable levels of power and authority because they outwit a few Plegian bandits?"
348joey chapter 60 . 3/9/2019
"You? Does this make me a double-princess now?"
Not really. Both of your parents are monarchs now. Really, you were only a sorta-kinda half princess before.

I also noticed you seemed to have overcome your crippling fear of vocative commas. I'm glad you could put your past behind you, mostly because it wouldn't be "the past" otherwise.

"I never imagined you as a cleric,"
Well, it's either that or get her to level 10 or 15 as a falcon knight or dark flier before reclassing as a war cleric. Renewal's worth it.

"I still hate you."
Sounds like brotherly love to me.
348joey chapter 59 . 3/9/2019
Algol should know exactly what to tell his men. He should know that he needs to tell them that he has the situation under control and that they should get back to doing their jobs.

"Make me."

"You thought it so easy you even decided to give them a handicap?" the Exalt asked, nodding at the dagger in Robin's hand.
"What can I say? I like a challenge,"

Did Robin just say "weak sauce"?

"Now who wants to teleport with me right on top of Validar?" Robin asked lightly as the two separated again.
"Me! Me!" Morgan chirped excitedly, throwing her hand in the air.

"I would not wish to steal the heroic death you all so desperately seem to constantly seek,"

"Why would you squander your birthright?"
Guess he preferred Conquest.

"the timeline is wrong here; this day was not supposed to happen for at least another ten years, when I am older and tired. But you… you were young, at the height of our power. I could not resist. In hindsight, it may not have been the best idea I ever had."
See, I like that. It explains that things are quite a bit differently timed here. Without Emm's sacrifice and the mass desertions that followed the war with Plegia would've been much longer. The children would've had far more time to be born and grow up.

"Gods I'm annoying," Robin groaned, looking to Chrom. "How exactly do you put up with me?"

"Well, as fun as it is trying to provoke each other, we may as well skip to the part where you become Grima and kill everyone."
"Pass," Robin said without skipping a beat.
"Come now, young-me, we have only to accept Grima's power and we can become as one. We can reclaim your memories and my glory, and we—"
"Yeah, I'ma stop you right there and just let you know, old-me, that I've already had this conversation with myself once in this timeline,"

Your editors may not be autistic perfectionists ("relieve my own glory days"?), but they've done well enough. Acceptable quality, probably even above average for what I bother to read. Certainly above average for fan works in general. That's just the editing though, I'll tackle story, characters, etc later.
348joey chapter 58 . 3/9/2019
"Could all dead Shepherds please sound off so I can take you off the roster?"
348joey chapter 57 . 3/9/2019
"He was in the was safe."
What?

"Hi guys!" Robin said enthusiastically, waving at the hushed Plegians after shaking Algol's hand. "I look forward to working with you, and sorry about trying to kill so many of you before!"

"Today I am the master of my own destiny. Validar and Grima can shove it."

"Worst case scenario, we need to be prepared to fight our way back to Algol's position."
"And what's the best case?"
"We all die and don't have to worry about it,"
348joey chapter 56 . 3/9/2019
I think you mean non-humans, not sub-humans.

"if the Plegians are divided we may be able to find some allies and get some more bodies without waiting for reinforcements from Themis or Ylisstol. And Frederick will hate that. It's win-win!"

"Ever get the feeling what you're about to do is a really bad idea?" he asked Lucina, who had come up behind him.
"I did once," she admitted, leaning over and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "But then it turned out to be one of the best decisions I had ever made, so I tend not to listen to those feelings now."
And the shippers couldn't be happier for it.

"He didn't actually think this was a trap; it didn't feel like one. He just liked to irritate Chrom."
Which is as good of a reason as any.
348joey chapter 55 . 3/9/2019
"He's going to bring about the apocalypse. Did Mustafa not mention that part? I told him to mention that part."

"Dad wouldn't panic…Okay, he might panic horribly and run around in little circles for a while, but he'd get it together."
He'd also likely have his arms up in the air while screaming.

I'll reserve the hate for if you kill Robin or Lucina.
348joey chapter 54 . 3/9/2019
"reconnect with—BUNNY!"

"how Lucina and Chrom had dealt with it on the way back to camp was honestly beyond him."
"'Oh. That's right. They threw me into a river,' Robin thought sarcastically."
348joey chapter 53 . 3/9/2019
"She's… surprisingly resistant to my spells."
Well, she does have a 2 max Resist modifier and a 40 base growth rate.

No, Robin, tragedy makes for terrible endings. Endings which may drive certain readers to delete all the comments they've been saving and leaving a scathing review that insults the writer, his character, his characters, and his pet cat. That wouldn't do at all. No sir.

Been waiting for this part. I kind of miss the "please find someone else to make you happy" part though.
1,366 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »