Reviews for Monsters Like You and Me
Chandrakanta chapter 6 . 4/16
Sorry for leaving the same review on each story, but I couldn't stop myself from reading the entire series (through #9), so I'm just leaving you a "series" review rather than one for each chapter.

I love your AU spin on S3. It's very unique and well thought out. I also love how you handle Xander's character. He was always my least favorite of Buffy's "friends" due to his poor behavior and double-standards, and he never really got called out on it (only very briefly in S7 when he was trying to stop Buffy from killing Anya).

I know it's been 9 years since you last updated story 10, but I hope you find the inspiration to come back and finish it someday, along with the rest of the season.
wizmage chapter 6 . 7/6/2011
Interesting story.
DragonGod926 chapter 6 . 5/5/2011
I just hope that the hyena and soldier reawaken inside of Xander. He needs all the power in the world to deal with everything on his own now.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 6 . 5/14/2009
Wow.

Now THAT was interesting.

Actually, I’m surprised we never had someone try something like this in the series; it could have been used by either a well-meaning citizen trying to ‘expose’ the demon ‘conspiracy’ to the public or by a demon who just wanted to give the other demons a taste of what the world ‘should’ be like...

Your reasoning and ideas for some of the changes that they experienced while under the spell- particularly in regards to Faith and Willow; Oz and Angel’s transformations were almost to be expected, really- was really rather interesting, to say nothing of the reasoning why that kind of spell would be easier to cast than to break.

And as for your portrayal of Xander...

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; after reading so many stories where it seems like Xander can do no wrong, it’s a really refreshing change to read a story where he can screw up to THIS extent because of his own pathetic prejudices.

Admittedly, him getting ARRESTED was unexpected, but at least it might help encourage him to get over himself...
Wolfen Dreams chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
One thing about this chapter: You said seeing if holy symbols affected Buffy wasn't something they could test in hell, but earlier, you had said that Buffy was wearing her cross in hell.

Otherwise, great, as is the rest of the story.
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 6 . 10/30/2007
Oh... (I ran out of expresions begining with that word about one or two fics ago...)

This keeps getting more and more interesting with each passing fic. I love it

See ya in the next!
ReindeerEmu chapter 6 . 12/13/2003
Damn, you killed Amy! That's just so wicked! This series keeps getting better and better. The whole revealing spell was pretty neato as well. I would've thought Xander's experiences with the supernatural would have become evident as well (hyena, soldier). Oh well, keep up the great work!
Lucy Maimkill chapter 6 . 1/4/2003
WRITE MORE!

jjf
Even Steven chapter 6 . 11/8/2002
Awsome series so far, one of the best I've seen in quite a bit.

Just one question, if Buffy is changing because of Angel's blood shouldn't Buffy's blood change Angel in some way. I mean she is the Slayer and drinking from the Slayer for 30 years has got to do something to your system. Also with Angel being now around 300 years old, is he stronger than before because the older a vampire is, the stronger he gets.

Anyways great story!
Divamercury chapter 6 . 10/10/2002
Oh, dear. Great story, though. Please continue soon!

DM
Kenny chapter 5 . 9/20/2002
80! I absolutely love your stories! They are bloody brilliant! Keep up the fantastic work!
lil'bite chapter 5 . 9/20/2002
me like marvelous much...more please
immaturelittlegirl chapter 3 . 9/18/2002
I love the entire Excedo Inferi series! You are an amazing writer with so much creativity. I also would like to thank you, the way you wrote about Buffy and Angel traveling through Dante's Inferno proved to be very helpful for me in keeping the circles of Hell straight, while taking my English final last year. I really love your stories and can't wait until you update.