Reviews for Through Shadows
Cselecsaj chapter 40 . 6/29
I have read this fanfiction 3 times already. Not to say anything about your other fics.
Please write us another one!
Maybe about Erchirion finding a Rohir bride? :)
I am sure there are many others who can't wait to read something from you again :)
Quihi chapter 40 . 8/26/2015
I guess it's time to finally review this.

Yay! The ending is wonderful! I mean, we knew how it was going to end… but yay! How wonderful! That ending about the horse Eowyn gave Faramir… :P

Anyway, great job! This was an amazing story. Good luck in life and writing!
Jen chapter 40 . 7/11/2015
Absolutely tremendous. I can't even put into words how much I loved this story (and how hungry it made me). As beautiful as Faramir and Eowyn's romance was in the book, it always felt a little unrealistically abrupt. "Through Shadows" admirably filled in that little nagging void in my heart. It's hard to believe that the whole story only took place in the span of two-ish weeks - it seems so much longer and deeper. I *am* quite sorry that there is not more of it. It seems like after so many words, only one or two chapters of happiness for the pair is a little sad. I would have liked to see the "I love you" - either the realization or the words themselves, and Faramir meeting his new horse. Eomer's reaction would have been nice too, along with Aragorn's. I think you did a lovely job of making us see Strider from Eowyn's point-of-view; I had to keep reminding myself that I loved Aragorn and he was really a decent person. Also, I wanted to see Faramir in the red-trimmed blue, along with the beard scene. Any chance this story can receive a "A Wind From the Sea" treatment? I hope Eowyn shows up on your farm - she can get directions from her brother. And don't you think its only fair if you explain how Mareth and Eowyn became such good friends and how Grimboern and Mareth became an item of sorts? Either way, after all the Lothiriel and Eomer stories, I am incredibly grateful for you to remind me just why I love Faramir so much.
beccy26o9 chapter 40 . 4/22/2015
Ich hab vor 2-3 Wochen deine Fanfiction gelesen, anstatt mein Paper zu schreiben, aber immer noch kein Review geschrieben.
Die Story ist so schön, wenn auch sehr detailliert und ich fand es am Anfang etwas langatmig. Aber dann war ich einfach so neugierig, wie es endlich zu dem "Schluss" kommt, den man ja kennt, und konnte nicht aufhören zu lesen.
Ich mag Eowyn sehr gerne und du hast sie sehr gut dargestellt! Vielleicht hab ich sie mir auch etwas anders vorgestellt (oder nie so viele Gedanken gemacht), aber es klingt alles so realistisch. Ich hab mir auf jeden Fall nie so viele Gedanken über kulturelle Unterschiede zwischen Rohan und Gondor gemacht!
Ich hatte viel Spaß, die 40 Kapitel zu lesen! Vielleicht lese ich auch noch was anders von dir :)
WiOvIx chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
This is still one of my favorite stories, it's so beautifully written it makes me wish I had a physical copy of it so I can read it whenever I want.
I recently realized I like to re read chapters of this wonderful story whenever I'm feeling down so, to me, this is my go-to story to cheer myself up. It might sound a little weird, or even crazy, but I simply love everything about it.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a perfect and detailed story.
paulett.o chapter 40 . 2/24/2015
I just finished reading this story and I absolutely loved it!
I agree with you that love at first sight somehow does not suit Eowyn and was therefore very happy with reading a story that explores this idea. (And it fit how she just doesn't get it at the "start"!)
loopid chapter 40 . 2/8/2015
Beautiful story! I have no other words for it. Truly, one of my favorite fanfictions! Thank you for taking time to write this marvel.
MiaChanelle chapter 1 . 1/21/2015
Thank you for this lovely story. I really really love how you gave the two of them a fair shot at having a 'normal' love story; i.e. before anything else some time and room for their feelings to grow and develop. Great chemistry between the two characters and I must admit I may have slept very little last night as I'd been up late reading this story :)
WiOvIx chapter 40 . 1/10/2015
Truly, a wonderful story. There is not a single thing I didn't like about it. Besides maybe how much Éowyn troubled herself and misunderstood most of the "hints", but it fit her perfectly. And without that, you wouldn't have written such great story.
It was like finding a great book you simply can't put away until you read it all. I didn't wanted it to end, but at the same time I really wanted to know how they would figure things out.
Thank you for providing us with a wonderful, well written story.
Anarwyn chapter 40 . 12/22/2014
Very much enjoyed the story as I am a big fan of both Eowyn and Faramir! Some minor mistakes in grammar and spelling, but overall a well written and researched story. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this telling of the love of Eowyn and Faramir.
Guest chapter 40 . 12/20/2014
I really enjoyed your story. I always wanted what happened back in Minas tirath while the battle was going on. Thank you for spending so much time writing your story! I liked the character development and the plots.
Medea Smyke chapter 12 . 12/5/2014
Well, I have to say I'm certainly of Ioreth's mind and I'm glad that the incorrigible healer spoke her mind. Faramir deserves everything that is good and lovely.
nosmaeth chapter 40 . 10/27/2014
I promised once (ages ago it seems) to comment on every chapter. :D I am officially fulfilling that promise now!
I have to be honest, I'd read this last chapter not much after you uploaded reason I did not comment on it is quite simple: I did not know what to say. Most of my thoughts I said earlier. (How amazing I think your ablilty of story-telling is, how great your characterisations are (even if I don't always agree to them), how realistic you are (which is a compliment in my eyes, even though I stubbornly refuse to be realistic myself)... )
This last chapter was so complete, so beautiful... (I loved the last line!). I honestly did not know what to say, other than thank you for this amazing read!
Also I would like to bow my head in utmost respect in front if this line: "Decorum be hanged!" :D
A lovely mixture of humor and sadness, love and friendship, duty, devotion, hate and greed sometimes.
It tasted of life. And that's probably exactly what you aimed for!
sailor68 chapter 40 . 10/23/2014
Great story, well done! Maybe write a second part about them? I had to suppress my chuckles all the time at the funny moments as well as my tears when I got to the parts with a lot of feelings.
teapearl chapter 40 . 10/3/2014
Congratulations on your epic story! Wow, this is amazing. I love it. Thank you so much for writing!
Éowyn and Faramir cleared up many misunderstandings and resolved to avoid future ones. Nicely done! I don't think it'll be very long before she admits "the man she had agreed to marry/chosen" is the man she loves. So wonderful to see them happy and open about their attraction and willingness to make the relationship work. The mandatory wait between betrothal and the wedding will be tough. Hehehe. Both characters remain true to Tolkien and I love your details. Please relax and enjoy your rest. I will be re-reading this gem. :)